Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we talk about Ice for a second?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2009
It's a *bit* ridiculous a Cosmic Ice can have just shy of 11k health, while having over 65% universal resist WHILE having 100 damage. Not even counting the fact that weaver is still to this day a strong pvp spell, but add on all those gigantically overtuned stats with it and you have, as per usual I guess, Ice domination in PvP because the gear that gets added to the game is making ice exponentially increasingly superior above other schools. You finally after years understood that Loremaster was the issue with balance, took you 5 years but you finally got there. We nerfed fire's combos down a lot with the rampage nerfs, blaze beetle tc no longer usable in PvP and the FFA nerfs. So now it's time we move onto the next domination and that's Ice.

Please KI, please.

I am tired of facing Ice's with those out-of-this world broken stats that make it impossible to beat from second and yet I see nothing on any discussion boards anywhere.

Sincerly,
Every single other PvP player that is not an Ice

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I agree with you here. Ice is out of control in max-level PvP because of their stats. Literally any move is a good move for ice. Because they can just blade stack and send abombs the entire match they just continually add pressure while also defending themselves.... it’s ridiculous.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
I don't PvP, so I'll defer to your guys' judgement on in that regard, but in PvE, I feel like is niche.

When you are doing an uber-difficult dungeon, it's the school that is just ... there. You'd rather see any other school lol.
  • and have great team utility
  • heals
  • buffs
  • and are the best hitters

And ? It has taunts made useless by most spells being AoE, stuns made useless by everything being stun immune, and low damage. Yes, it has its niche, say when the the very few bosses absolutely need a legion shield spammer, but yeah.

Kinda ironic to me KI really should focus on differentiating mechanics & spells between PvP and PvE

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
WilburD90 on Jan 30, 2021 wrote:
It's a *bit* ridiculous a Cosmic Ice can have just shy of 11k health, while having over 65% universal resist WHILE having 100 damage. Not even counting the fact that weaver is still to this day a strong pvp spell, but add on all those gigantically overtuned stats with it and you have, as per usual I guess, Ice domination in PvP because the gear that gets added to the game is making ice exponentially increasingly superior above other schools. You finally after years understood that Loremaster was the issue with balance, took you 5 years but you finally got there. We nerfed fire's combos down a lot with the rampage nerfs, blaze beetle tc no longer usable in PvP and the FFA nerfs. So now it's time we move onto the next domination and that's Ice.

Please KI, please.

I am tired of facing Ice's with those out-of-this world broken stats that make it impossible to beat from second and yet I see nothing on any discussion boards anywhere.

Sincerly,
Every single other PvP player that is not an Ice
Which is great because all Ice wizards are OP and can win everything, and who does not like winning. Stop bullying Ice wizards like me because its unfair and thats awesome because that means for people who dont do PvP can easily quest and the game is funner . Sorry balance school.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Ice is top tier for PvP right now. As a Balance, that means I have to play almost perfectly to defeat them.

I like it that there is a school that is hard to defeat.

That is part of the fun.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I completely agree with this. Ice is absolutely out of control in max level PvP. The fact that they can have 70+ resist with nearly 11k HP and still 100 damage is insane. Abominable with no buffs should not hit for more on me than a Smore machine with 2 buffs. It's just too much pressure while also giving a shield. If it's going to do that much damage, why also give it a shield? Either nerf the damage hard or take away the tower shield that it gives.

There's a reason none of the wiztubers play ice- it's not entertaining.

There's a reason that it's become a joke of "just say ice" when they lose against one.

Literally any move is a good move when playing as an ice.

There have rarely been schools with stats and spells as dominant as ice is currently. Something desperately needs to change and I wish more people would start speaking up about it. Blade stacking into frostbites and abombs is not a "strategy" it's just broken.

If you have a way to beat this and want to put it to the test, just let me know. I'd love to see any of you infamous "ice killers" out there who don't have an issue with ice in PvP.

Explorer
May 14, 2011
Me a life main laughing at the fact we keep getting nerfed even though we were the worst school to begin with while seeing ice getting comparatively buffed.

Explorer
May 14, 2011
I don't understand why frostbite was buffed during the spell audit. Ice damage spells in general were oddly buffed comparatively like colossus which just seemed odd since its supposed to have low damage spells. Its like every update seems to buff ice stats and fix deficiencies that were supposed to be ingrained into the school.
I do like they started buffing health but I feel we need a large difference that is based on a percentage basis. Storm for example has caught up it seems in the health category and is at 8k compared to life which wearing the best health gear only makes it to 10k. Although the difference in number terms has stayed the same the overall difference keeps getting more and more negligible. Fire and Storm needs to have lower health. Ice conversely needs way less damage on their spells and their gear. An example being the ice dragoon boots give 30% and the storm ones give 33% which although sticks to a past trend sort of, the differences keep becoming negligible..

Explorer
May 14, 2011
tclark1005 on Feb 2, 2021 wrote:
I don't PvP, so I'll defer to your guys' judgement on in that regard, but in PvE, I feel like is niche.

When you are doing an uber-difficult dungeon, it's the school that is just ... there. You'd rather see any other school lol.
  • heals
  • buffs

And ? It has taunts made useless by most spells being AoE, stuns made useless by everything being stun immune, and low damage. Yes, it has its niche, say when the the very few bosses absolutely need a legion shield spammer, but yeah.

Kinda ironic to me KI really should focus on differentiating mechanics & spells between PvP and PvE
Everyone can heal exactly on par with life. Pigsie is universal trainable and the best healing gear is universal. Ice is useful doing solo things although death kinda took over that. Ice is useful against bosses that deal extremely high levels of damage.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Liam Swiftwalker on Feb 6, 2021 wrote:
Ice is top tier for PvP right now. As a Balance, that means I have to play almost perfectly to defeat them.

I like it that there is a school that is hard to defeat.

That is part of the fun.
Great, and i am happy i have a strong school, but the problem is i dont do PvP, I just quest and its not that easy to quest with ice and since i do questing I kind of feel that it need a buff and if it OP in pvp it should only be nerfed there but in general if i start PvP I want a strong school so as I said I dont want a nerf at all.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
tclark1005 on Feb 2, 2021 wrote:

• heals
  • buffs

YESSS, taunt is useless and is the worst add on in the karamele update and why does it have low damage it should be 3rd place not like 1123874908172389758172983478237589728937489723894709812758th place, this is not life should be better and fire are not the best hitters, storm and myth are, fire just had DoTs.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Feb 9, 2021 wrote:
YESSS, taunt is useless and is the worst add on in the karamele update and why does it have low damage it should be 3rd place not like 1123874908172389758172983478237589728937489723894709812758th place, this is not life should be better and fire are not the best hitters, storm and myth are, fire just had DoTs.
Ice's damage is not an issue in PvE. You have feints, sharpen blades, potent traps, item blades, and you can consistently stack them so that ice can do more than enough damage to defeat ANY boss in the game. We're talking explicitly about PvP in this thread. Stop defending ice according to PvE standards.