Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVE to PVP stat nerf

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2020
I am magus storm lvl 34. I have a critical rating of 105. In pve, I critical almost every single round. So tell me why in pvp I do not critical any rounds. I tested this with a friend in a 1v1. Emptied an entire deck and did not critical once. My friend had no critical block. He is the same lvl as me. So tell me why in pve I critical all day. But then pvp I can't critical nothing? What is the point in spending millions of gold to hatch the perfect pet, if you are just going to nerf it in pvp all because other players are just too lazy or ignorant to go after winning stats. I really think if this is the case, you are wrong. Because players who are invested in this game as much as I am deserve to be able to use our stats that we grinded sometimes 1 whole year for. Quit trying to "balance" things. Give us the stats and ratings, rng, and let us balance it ourselves. I don't need the devs to give me an advantage or disadvantage all because other players are just lazy and not invested. Players like that come and go. Players like me stay (since the level cap was 50). Thank you very much for your time and I hope you take what I said into consideration. No need for mom and dad to make things fair. Because in my opinion, my stats being nerfed at a specific time or game play is not fair considering I worked hard for these stats to get ahead. Therefor I should be rewarded with using my stats. It should be no different between pve and pvp. Stats are stats. If the opponent doesn't have the block, then that's their problem. Not mine. Again, stats are stats. Those stats should not change between pvp and pve. And everyone will agree with me because it's obvious common sense. How can stats be different between pvp and pve. And if they do fluctuate and change, WHY?!?! What sense does that make? If other players can't handle the heat, then they should stay out of the arena until then or just accept that their stats are not as good as some others. Like me.

Jacob Raincloud - Magus

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
I appreciate your annoyance and understand how that all could be frustrating, but please do not blanket call your fellow wizards "lazy" or "ignorant." It's not only in bad taste, your suggestions and passion won't go as far. Be understanding and courteous. Cheers.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I don't think you can critical at all under level 50 in PvP. Crit and block simply don't work at that level.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
Level 50 is when all wizards gain critical and critical block through gear. I too have critical pets on my low-leveled wizards but it is only useful for PvE because in PvP players under level 50 do not have any way of getting critical block (resisting a critical hit).

Basically, the game is only supposed to allow critical at level 50, and although you can get a pet that helps you at a lower level with critical, in PvP rules are put in place to have the game played as it is supposed to be.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2020
Okay then, not willing to grind for better stats. Or without having the knowledge. Hope those are a good replacement to anyone taking the other personal. 2 different sayings both meaning the same thing. And yes critical does work under 50. I have critical in the arena. It is just night and day when I compare pve and pvp.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2020
JakeVessel on Jan 29, 2021 wrote:
Okay then, not willing to grind for better stats. Or without having the knowledge. Hope those are a good replacement to anyone taking the other personal. 2 different sayings both meaning the same thing. And yes critical does work under 50. I have critical in the arena. It is just night and day when I compare pve and pvp.
I do critical in pvp. But it is night and day.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2020
So once again the devs in my opinion should not nerf stats between pve and pvp. As mentioned before, stats are stats. Leave them be as stats and stop nerfing them because other players are not as involved or just don't care as much.