Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Fixed"?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2013
Going through the beginning of wizard101 recently for the 1,000th time, I find they "fixed" a few things I wish they had left alone. One is gobbler king in colossus boulevard. Used to be, you could go in, fight the dude downstairs, go talk to the king and put a marker in the balcony area. Then when you were ready to go back to talk to him again, you could just teleport there, saving you another round with the dude downstairs. Not anymore. Why? Why do we have to go through this nonsense again? Also, in the death school, it used to be if a mob or boss put up a -80% death shield, you could bypass that by using a half damage half health spell the death school is so famous for. But no more. Now all your death spells are -80% when they encounter that, regardless of spell type. That's annoying... If you want to make that change for PVP, fine, whatever, but in game I wish it was back to the way it was. Can anyone tell me when/why these minor annoyances were put into effect?

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Wait was there a time where drain spells ignored shields? I never knew that

Either way, as a death, I kind of get why it's unfair, both pvp and pve wise. spells that ignore shields are a big deal and it would have made questing a lot less balanced!

Jonathan DawnHunter lvl 140

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
ye the death shield was like all other single school shield blocking death damage but not death drains; now the spell card show the fist and the broken heart to indicate the drains will trigger it too.