Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aphrodite Needs to be Separated

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Please take Aphrodite out of the graveyard instance. It is incredibly hard to find people willing to do it and whenever I click team up, no one is interested as it is the side interest of the dungeon. I have been farming it since its addition and I still have yet to earn the spell. I wasted so much money on henchman that are beyond incompetent they prioritize healing high health targets instead of the one that summon them too. Please consider this change.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I agree. Having an optional "secret" boss was a nice idea at the time, but these types of encounters just don't work well with the team up system. The same can also be said for the optional bosses in Aquila like Gladiator Dimacherus and the Sand Squid.

For Aphrodite I think it would be easier to just move her gate somewhere else in Castle Darkmoor courtyard like the garden area to the right.

For the bosses in Aquila it would be nice if team up had a "secret boss" or "optional boss" box that you could check off like the "questing" and "farming" boxes to help clarify what players are going there for.

It looks like most end-game instances since then have thankfully stuck to only one boss per instance. I think this is a much better way to design dungeons and I hope they continue to stick with it. However, I would still like them to tweak older dungeons like Darkmoor and Aquila to make finding groups for certain bosses easier.

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Unfortunately even If they move Aphrodite, unless your crafting the spell, or trying to acquiring energy
boosting gear for your pets or plants, there is not much she offers(that later bosses offer better).
It would be nice If K.I. would make unique items that would not fade in importance over time.
Like a special jewels, crafting spells, stitch items, mounts...,

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I agree with the tweaking to those dungeons!!!! My only issue is the "check-off" idea. It wouldn't work with the current system either as any team up, regardless of farming or questing, gets lumped together if they are going to the same dungeon. It has no bearings on who gets teamed up with you and the only ones who can see and avoid team-ups with a certain criteria are those who use the kiosk.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Hey Dylan,

I agree that it is an older boss. But believe it or not, many still do farm it is the spell is a difficult drop and the energy gear is great. Also many storm wizards seek the athame for damage. Moving it is the best option to get the loot because finding teams through team up is not effective at this time due to different interests. They honestly need to make the spell craftable like the fire one.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
RJDABOSS101 on Dec 15, 2020 wrote:
I agree with the tweaking to those dungeons!!!! My only issue is the "check-off" idea. It wouldn't work with the current system either as any team up, regardless of farming or questing, gets lumped together if they are going to the same dungeon. It has no bearings on who gets teamed up with you and the only ones who can see and avoid team-ups with a certain criteria are those who use the kiosk.
Yeah, I'm not sure how much it would do either. The intention is so that players who are at the Team Up Kiosk can see it and will know whether the queued players are looking to do a full run or only go for the optional boss.

A few months ago I kept queuing for Team Up at the Tartarus sigil to do a full run but everyone who joined afterwards only joined for Cronus. It might help to avoid those kinds of situations. But other than moving those bosses outside of the instance I'm not sure what else could be done for the Aquila bosses.