Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology Tome Bugs on Test Realm

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I went ahead and collected all the known creatures that are now available for monstrology including the ones obtained from the spells Extract Golem and Extract Cyclops. While doing so, I encountered the following bugs that I really wish would be resolved with this test realm so that the tome is fixed once and for all.

Monstrology Tome
I listed all the known creatures including those found in test in this document I created myself. Would appreciate if a dev could find the last few missing creatures from it and determine if they are bugged as no player can seem to find them: https://finalbastion.com/wp-content/uploads/Monstrology-Tome-Version-13.xlsx

Here we go...

Wizard City:
Hydromatic Drone and Celestian Construct in Waterworks are clearly golems but are not extractable.

Note: The creatures from Waterworks and Briskbreeze should all be listed in one section which is either Wizard City or Dungeons. Right now, all Briskbeeze creatures were added to WC, but Steel Sentinel was added to Dungeons.

Marleybone:
Missing 2 creatures. There were 2 creatures missing from before test realm and doesn't seem to be an issue with this update.

Note: Creatures that are found in the Spiral Geographic Society Warehouse should be removed from monstrology since the quest for the dungeon is no longer available in the game. These include:

Krokotopia - Typhon Dustwind
Marleybone - Clockwork Golem, Half-Witted Skeleton, Icy Ghost, Lazy Henchman, Mysterious Crawler, Screecher, Seething Wraith, Tired Fighter
Mooshu - Zarichi Tarakata
Can it be explained as to why the quest was retired? Or if it was a mistake that it is?

Celestia:
Missing 2 creatures. There was only 1 creature missing from before test realm.

Khrysalis:
Missing 1 creature. There was 1 creature missing from before test realm and doesn't seem to be an issue with this update.

Karamelle:
Missing 7 creatures.
Grandfather Spider (Gummy Worm) is extractable with Extract Golem, but doesn't show up in the tome.
Dead Beets is extractable with Extarct Undead, but doesn't show up in the tome.

Grizzleheim:

Dungeons:
Missing 5 creatures. There was only 1 creature missing from before test realm.
The following creatures are not extractable, but they are clearly golems: Clockworker, Lugs, Lucia - Tier 1 to 6

All the Cybermanders (20 total) need to be marked as bosses.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Adding to this: since it's now been established that gobblers are Alphoi, will the Alphoi be added to the extract gobbler spell? Very excited about the Spirit Gobbler extract, she's such a pretty character model.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Early on in Test Realm, I tried using Extract Golem on Borealis Golems in Polaris. It did not work, and they do not appear on Cody RavenTamer's list either. I believe that this should be changed, since they are clearly Golems to the point of having it in their name. May I request that Borealis Golems be included in the Monstrology Tome?

Community Leader
Lookit Light on Nov 4, 2020 wrote:
Early on in Test Realm, I tried using Extract Golem on Borealis Golems in Polaris. It did not work, and they do not appear on Cody RavenTamer's list either. I believe that this should be changed, since they are clearly Golems to the point of having it in their name. May I request that Borealis Golems be included in the Monstrology Tome?
Completely forgot about Polaris! The values didn't change at all so I didn't even consider them.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Cody RavenTamer on Nov 4, 2020 wrote:
I went ahead and collected all the known creatures that are now available for monstrology including the ones obtained from the spells Extract Golem and Extract Cyclops. While doing so, I encountered the following bugs that I really wish would be resolved with this test realm so that the tome is fixed once and for all.

Monstrology Tome
I listed all the known creatures including those found in test in this document I created myself. Would appreciate if a dev could find the last few missing creatures from it and determine if they are bugged as no player can seem to find them: https://finalbastion.com/wp-content/uploads/Monstrology-Tome-Version-13.xlsx

Here we go...

Wizard City:
Hydromatic Drone and Celestian Construct in Waterworks are clearly golems but are not extractable.

Note: The creatures from Waterworks and Briskbreeze should all be listed in one section which is either Wizard City or Dungeons. Right now, all Briskbeeze creatures were added to WC, but Steel Sentinel was added to Dungeons.

Marleybone:
Missing 2 creatures. There were 2 creatures missing from before test realm and doesn't seem to be an issue with this update.

Note: Creatures that are found in the Spiral Geographic Society Warehouse should be removed from monstrology since the quest for the dungeon is no longer available in the game. These include:

Marleybone - Clockwork Golem, Half-Witted Skeleton, Icy Ghost, Lazy Henchman, Mysterious Crawler, Screecher, Seething Wraith, Tired Fighter
Can it be explained as to why the quest was retired? Or if it was a mistake that it is?

Celestia:

Khrysalis:
Missing 1 creature. There was 1 creature missing from before test realm and doesn't seem to be an issue with this update.

Karamelle:
Missing 7 creatures.
Grandfather Spider (Gummy Worm) is extractable with Extract Golem, but doesn't show up in the tome.

Grizzleheim:

Dungeons:
Missing 5 creatures. There was only 1 creature missing from before test realm.
The following creatures are not extractable, but they are clearly golems: Clockworker, Lugs, Lucia - Tier 1 to 6

All the Cybermanders (20 total) need to be marked as bosses.
I suspect that the seven missing Karamelle creatures are the Fairies that appear throughout Karamelle. It's possible that the fairies are supposed to be extracted with a spell such as Imp, but aren't working.

...Yes, I'm aware there are eight Fairies, but if Grandfather Spider (Gummy Worm) isn't showing, than Morganthe (Fairy) might be invisibly doing the same.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Moira Stormheart on Nov 4, 2020 wrote:
Adding to this: since it's now been established that gobblers are Alphoi, will the Alphoi be added to the extract gobbler spell? Very excited about the Spirit Gobbler extract, she's such a pretty character model.
The Spirit Gobbler can be extracted.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2014
New changes:
  • Enemies in the Great Clock Gauntlet are now extractable
  • Celestrian Construct and Hydromatic Drone in the Waterworks dungeon are now extractable
  • Grandfather Spider (Karamelle) now shows up in the monstrology tome
  • Enemies in the Spiral Geographic Society Archives are no longer extractable

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
LucasBoomstone on Nov 13, 2020 wrote:
New changes:
  • Celestrian Construct and Hydromatic Drone in the Waterworks dungeon are now extractable
I want to know if anyone has checked since the changes... are Borealis Golems now extractable?

Community Leader
LucasBoomstone on Nov 13, 2020 wrote:
New changes:
I went to test this out and you are quite not fully correct unfortunately.

INCORRECT - Celestrian Construct and Hydromatic Drone in the Waterworks dungeon are now extractable
INCORRECT - Enemies in the Spiral Geographic Society Archives are no longer extractable.

Not all creatures from the Spiral Geo dungeon were removed.

Community Leader
Monstrology Bugs Update 13/11/2020...

Many thanks for addressing most of the updates. I really appreciate you guys taking a look at these notes and actioning them. Wanted to address that some still remain and would really appreciate if they didn't see the light of day in live realm ;)

Wysteria:
Creatures from the Tower of the Helephant should either be grouped in this section or in Dungeons. These include:
WS: Arachnite Creeper, Chelicaran Stalker, Chelicaran Crawler, Kogasha, Volcanis Golem
DG: Ervin the Barbarian, Kaimanite Mummy, Razorleaf Treant, Tonkatsu Thug

Marleybone:

REMAINING CREATURES TO BE REMOVED...
Marleybone - Half-Witted Skeleton, Lazy Henchman, Tired Fighter

Celestia:

Khrysalis:

Polaris:
Borealis Golems to be added?

Karamelle:
Missing 7 creatures.

Dungeons:
Hydromatic Drone and Celestian Construct in Waterworks are clearly golems but are STILL not extractable.
Missing 7 creatures from the total. There was only 1 creature missing from before test realm. There were only 5 creatures missing last week.

Charged Echo of Apep, False Echo of Apep, Fiery Echo of Apep, Frosty Echo of Apep, Macdeath Understudy (6), Maclife Understudy (6) and Macstorm Understudy (6) are all creatures summoned by other creatures. Thus, they shouldn't be extractable.