Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Various Beastmoon Bugs

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013

-3 of us joined a group and one friend took like 5+ minutes before being able to enter.
-During that Hunt, I could not see shields or heals on anyone.
-Same 3 tried again and this time I got Bug Reporter. So now I have a penalty of no fault of my own.
-More ghost pips. WHY? Why are there pip wisps not able to collect?

- the colossus healer used 'intercept' then died and the intercept was still shielding the team.
-Now that I am logged back on, I cannot whisper my friends in the group to tell them what had happened.

I even tried chat channel and I can read what they say but they cannot see what I say.
WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CHAT WITH FRIENDS IN THE BEASTMOON HUNT

- I was in a group and someone in the group started a queue and I did not get asked if I want to join or not. It automatically started my queue.
But I was not wanting to go in with them.
- The timer counted down to zero and then it gave me another 15 minute penalty due to inactivity. This is the same issue we were told was fixed from the last Hunt.
A timer that counts down to zero should not be penalizing anyone

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
This colossus intercept bug is terrible! If a colossus dies while intercept is up, a permanent intercept is left on the team, rendering them completely un-killable.

Some pip wisps are still unable to be caught and are still phasing through walls.

And I'm not sure how the pip wisps on the healing podiums is supposed to work. I can't tell if it's working as intended. Sometimes it lets you take pip wisps from the healing station and sometimes it doesn't.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I agree with that pip wisp orb podium station (or whatever it's called). It reads pip wisp and I needed a pip and it wouldn't give it to me and it looked like it was glitched with an identity crisis, not knowing if it was a health orb or pip wisp (it was both white but also red depending on the view).

Another bug is sometimes we are not able to target an enemy unless we click on their name above them.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Eternal bans have been removed, but the reason people have gotten them hasn't been fixed.

I just tried to enter a Beastmoon Hunt on my main character and as I clicked "Ready to Go" the game crashed and I got the bug reporting tool. I have a timer and I don't know if it will be an additive - or if it's just the timer people get when they fail to click "Ready to Go."

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Another Bug Reporter just came up. I will surely get another 15 minute penalty and my team will be out a player.

Does anyone know what this means:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\ProgramData\King...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
This particular beastmoon hunt has multiple flaws, and these flaws are making it extremely frustrating to play.

First of all, previously obtained tiers have been lost
Additionally, the pip wisps are extremely hard to locate and more than 50% of them do not work.
Also, the colossus is glitched as well so that the opposite team cannot prevail through any means

Please Fix
Thank you

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Beastmoon hunt Celestia is a complete fiasco

Whoever is responsible for the impervious battle wisps should be looking for another job. This issue has not been corrected in over six weeks. Let me remind you: KingsIsle is a business, not a charity. Fix this.

The nonsense with the infinite shield should be corrected immediately or the Beastmoon Hunt should be suspended until it is fixed. This is ruining games and the gaming experience. Again, this is a programming issue that should never have seen the light of day. Reflects very poorly on all levels of KI, programmers, QC, and management. Bad, severe damage to your reputation. Fix this. If you cant fix it overnight, suspend the Hunt until you can restart it with this fixed.

You have blades that act as though they are traps. no mechanic is reliable in the current hunt, you might as well just award random scores and benefits and save us all the grief of going through the motions.

These defects are ruining what, in my opinion, is the best feature in the game. Very disappointed to have looked forward to something that turned out to be much, much worse than what preceded it.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
@Menyara

I keep losing Beastmoon forms. Last few games it was my Ninja pig and this time it is my Ice colossus. It's extremely frustrating.

Other bugs that I've encountered and some to just repeat because it needs fixing and I've heard that the community needs to continuously say something if we want things fixed. Also really annoyed that can't report bugs except through here now.

Pip wisps are extremely hard to find on this underwater map. Lot of them disappear through objects, some are in health orb holders. I can go most of the game and never get a single wisp. Pips need to be obtainable and clear spawn points need to be made. Perhaps put a few wisps in the start box once the game has started?

The Life colossus intercept spell needs fixing. When cast and still active, if the Life colossus dies then the intercept remains indefinitely. Which means it's an automatic win for the other team. Players who knowingly exploit this bug (ie multiple uses during same match or over the course of the event) should be punished. Once is a mistake because maybe they don't know of the bug but multiple uses is cheating.

I've noticed that between this hunt and last Hunt the matches are dramatically unbalanced. It's like the game already has a winner in mind when the match starts. If the odds aren't in your favor for who the game wants to win it is absolutely exhausting and almost impossible to try and turn it around. I've noticed with this hunt, can't speak about the previous one in the mines, but anyway, in this hunt it seems that whatever team captures eye first is likely to win, period. Unless they go down a player or some other dramatic turn of events. Anyone else seem to notice? I will make a tally of my games tonight to double check my theory. I suppose one upset to this unbalance is that games are faster but it also means that if you don't win it is hard to scrape up more than 10pts but at least the lunari is still generous. I know winning isn't everything and it is still fun either way but it does dampen things a little when all you get is 4pts and 20 lunari. Makes it feel more like grinding for hard to get regeants, lots of battles and maybe 1-2 regeants.

I still have problems with the orange and red chain of death. At least once a gaming session I get kicked out of the event and then have to endure a 15min penalty. If the match is still active you should be able to rejoin your team when the game reconnects you.

During the match occasionally have problems being able to select a target. Can sometimes get around this problem by clicking the name of the target at the top.

A very minor issue but still a bug nonetheless is that forms are still 'swimming' when they join battle and are permanently stuck like that for the duration of the game.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Also, something I noticed was that the life fairy gets a boost from myth attacks and not death attacks, where she should be getting a boost from death attacks and not myth attacks.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
lovelley on Jun 4, 2020 wrote:
Also, something I noticed was that the life fairy gets a boost from myth attacks and not death attacks, where she should be getting a boost from death attacks and not myth attacks.
Look at the circle of boosts in the uppe left-hand corner during the Hunt...it's slightly different in the Beastmoon Hunt than normal.

So what you are describing is expected behavior.

Happy Hunting!

Marcus

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
So some good news is, I reported to Support about the Bug Reporter popping up and they replied:

"Our developers just put in a fix for this bug. It should be working now. Please give it a whirl."

And I did not get any Bug Reporter on day 3 of this Beastmoon event. They also patched the 'intercept' shenanigans.

They still need fix the other issues.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
I can't win a single match, all this stuff happens, my team can't grab pips, the other team can rejoin after they die, colossus intercept glitch still not fixed, I was about to win a match finally... We needed 5 more points, then I got disconnected and cannot rejoin for 10 minutes, why are you punching me in the gut like this? It was a disconnect, fix your game. Beastmoon is so bad, it needs to be taken down until you can fully fix this horrendous piece of trash.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Was fighting in the center spiral, we were winning ... then all of sudden the game closed. No yellow or orange chain of death. I logged back in and tried to enter the event only to find I had to been banned for 12 plus min.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
There is another issue. I took a screenshot but this site doesn't allow it unless we do things I'm not gonna do so...

The Star battlefield is a 3v3. My team called for help, I came rushing over and was not able to join. The enemy team who already were at an advantage since my team was Missing a player, they had their 3 beasts in the Star battle while my team only had 2. Not cool.

To be clear, no one fled that battle before I got there.

Star temporarily became a 3v2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Support replied and their response boggles my mind. They act as if this is something specific to my account, thus asking for my personal wizard info, wizard name, school, lvl, etc, so they can "try to reproduce and test the bug". What? How will they test something that happens out of the blue? And my wizard name is in the screenshot (too bad I can't show it here) which shows me speaking out loud with the chat text box open.

From Support:
We'd like to make sure we have all of the details needed to provide to our Quality Assurance testing team so they can try to reproduce and test the bug you are reporting.

Please note our Testing Team needs specific information so even if this is occurring on more than one character please provide the information for at least one character on your account.

If you have not already done so please include the following:

*Your KingsIsle account user name:

*Your character's name/school/level:

Has anyone else experienced a 3v3 turning into a 3v2

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
A different issue that happened is being stuck in beastmoon.

During this Hunt, I had the orange chain link and someone else said, "sorry guys I logged out for a bit". So it was not just me.

It should be known I had the chain link earlier in the Bazaar. What this means is, it is probably the game having connectivity issues and not related to beastmoon.

However, when this particular Hunt ended, I became stuck in the Hunt. I cannot 'exit' out.
I am able to exit by pressing Esc and all is well.

I'm reporting this as a new ticket to Support and I am telling them that I will not provide them with any of my personal account information. I am only reporting what had happened. They get a screenshot.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
I cant even get into a match. It will have me wait for HOURS saying "X players waiting" at the top but never actually let me play. It's very frustrating. Not many other people seem to be having this issue but a few of us are, and it has been unaddressed by KI

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
This glitch is way too broken, it wouldn't be so bad if everyone was affected by it. Unfortunately, this isn't the case, it seems to pick a team to be able to grab pip wisps, and the other team can't. I experienced 3 matches in the last hour where no one on my team could pick up pips. And all the members on the other team had 2-4 starting pips. We managed to take out one, but they healed him, so the battle ended in 4 rounds with 0 casualties on their side, no matter what we did. This has been going on for a while I really think, after this is fixed, the Beastmoon event should be extended the amount of time we have had to deal with this.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Was playing the game for over three hours. Then went to BeastMoon Event ... at only six points into our match I received the orange then red chain of death. Game client crashed. Logged back into the game and was banned again for just under 12 more minutes. Ugh.

How long do we have to wait till the game fixes all the problems? Answer, when we stop renewing our subscriptions.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
stemogstel on Jun 4, 2020 wrote:
So some good news is, I reported to Support about the Bug Reporter popping up and they replied:

"Our developers just put in a fix for this bug. It should be working now. Please give it a whirl."

And I did not get any Bug Reporter on day 3 of this Beastmoon event. They also patched the 'intercept' shenanigans.

They still need fix the other issues.
Bug Reporter happened again. Just as I am entering the Hunt, Bug Reporter appears and 15 minute penalty ensues.

Support told me this was fixed. But it is a 2-issue thing.

1- Bug Reporter
and
2- 15 minute penalty of no fault our own

FIX IT ALREADY! This is my 3rd time getting this 15-minute penalty. It should happen a total of zero times.
Are you hearing us KI? Sparck please reply because this is just not right to have so many bugs every single event.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
stemogstel on Jun 5, 2020 wrote:
There is another issue. I took a screenshot but this site doesn't allow it unless we do things I'm not gonna do so...

The Star battlefield is a 3v3. My team called for help, I came rushing over and was not able to join. The enemy team who already were at an advantage since my team was Missing a player, they had their 3 beasts in the Star battle while my team only had 2. Not cool.

To be clear, no one fled that battle before I got there.

Star temporarily became a 3v2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Support replied and their response boggles my mind. They act as if this is something specific to my account, thus asking for my personal wizard info, wizard name, school, lvl, etc, so they can "try to reproduce and test the bug". What? How will they test something that happens out of the blue? And my wizard name is in the screenshot (too bad I can't show it here) which shows me speaking out loud with the chat text box open.

From Support:
We'd like to make sure we have all of the details needed to provide to our Quality Assurance testing team so they can try to reproduce and test the bug you are reporting.

Please note our Testing Team needs specific information so even if this is occurring on more than one character please provide the information for at least one character on your account.

If you have not already done so please include the following:

*Your KingsIsle account user name:

*Your character's name/school/level:

Has anyone else experienced a 3v3 turning into a 3v2
After Support initially asked me for my login info (I replied, told them no), they then told me this,

"KingsIsle's developers are absolutely aware of this bug.

Although we do not have an exact ETA as to the resolution we can advise that it has been brought to their attention for a fix.

Please keep checking the our Social Media Links and our main website for information about updates to the game."

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I've come back here with several updates and it seems like quite a long time for my edits to be in moderation.

For 2 completely separate issues, Support has replied with the same exact response saying they are fully aware of the issue and working on a fix, but they give no timetable and guide me to check out their social media platforms and the main website for updates.

This is their response to Star being a 3v2 fight and also to not being able to exit out of the Hunt.

Basically, we can all expect the same issues next month.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I finally got a beastmoon warning.

Bug Reporter shut my game down as I was entering another Hunt and this time the warning message appeared.

It reads:

"WARNING

Failure to participate in a Beastmoon Hunt match can prevent you from joining a match in the future."

How many times do people have to tell KI to fix your game

Administrator
Menyara on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
This particular beastmoon hunt has multiple flaws, and these flaws are making it extremely frustrating to play.

First of all, previously obtained tiers have been lost
Additionally, the pip wisps are extremely hard to locate and more than 50% of them do not work.
Also, the colossus is glitched as well so that the opposite team cannot prevail through any means

Please Fix
Thank you
A quick clarification on possible remaining issues with the pips. It's possible that a pip was taken just off-screen from a player view, which in its current state would show as remaining, even though it was already taken.

So for now, if you see a pip and it can't be taken, it's technically already removed, so try another one. Sorry about this issue.

Administrator
stemogstel on Jun 7, 2020 wrote:
Bug Reporter happened again. Just as I am entering the Hunt, Bug Reporter appears and 15 minute penalty ensues.

Support told me this was fixed. But it is a 2-issue thing.

1- Bug Reporter
and
2- 15 minute penalty of no fault our own

FIX IT ALREADY! This is my 3rd time getting this 15-minute penalty. It should happen a total of zero times.
Are you hearing us KI? Sparck please reply because this is just not right to have so many bugs every single event.
Thanks again Stemgostel for these descriptions! If you've already reported issue to support, we're on it. Thanks!