Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Flamenco of Unhappiness

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
This has to be a bug. Or am I doing something wrong? Or does KI actually expect people to spend mega-snacks just to bring their pet up to some kind of average happiness for no good reason?

I have a Flamenco del Muerto. I hatched it and have been training it using the Maze game only. I have been using it for regular combat, but have *not* used it for any of the new pet-featured activities. None! It began with 75 happiness. As it has ‘aged,’ the happiness has remained exactly the same. I fed it 25 points in snacks, just to bring it up to 100 happiness. It has remained at 100 for the last three days. Time has done nothing to heal this bird’s heart. When I train the pet, stats go up...except happiness. I know it is a death pet, but this bird is near suicidal! It is now 100 /817.

Help!!!

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Yeah I'm not sure what the happiness is meant to do, I heard that it effects may cast frequency but I'm not sure how true that is and there's no point in being your pet outside of "because you can" so there's not much motivation on that point to fill up the happiness at all

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
I don't think that the happiness level of your pet matters. Happiness only affects two things: adventure and combat talents, and playing as your pet. I doubt that your pet has any of these new talents, and if you want to play as your pet you can do it for free in your houses and in the pet pavilion.

As far as I can tell happiness doesn't affect maycast talents. I have a dryad with the sprite and fairy heal maycasts and she heals me fairly regularly, often multiple times in longer battles (sometimes multiple times a round), and she only has around 50/1000 happiness. It also doesn't cost happiness for maycasts.