Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accursed Play Gauntlet Unavailable

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2015
Good day, KI

The purpose of my request is to allow users that play Wizard101 to be able to purchase the Play Accursed Gauntlet through any means: online or in-game. I have driven to three different walmart stores in my area and none are carrying the Accursed Play bundle. I checked out your site to see which walmart stores may have it available: https://kingsisleblog.com/2018/06/25/the-accursed-play-gauntlet-and-where-you-can-find-yours/. However, this was no help. I live in Miami, FL, meaning that all walmarts in this list are way to far from my area. I called some of them, like for example the one in Tampa and Orlando, and they said they did not have it. I am trying to complete my collection of gauntlets and play with my brother and cousins. I am disappointed and a bit frustrated because there is no way to purchase the bundle at walmart, online through walmart's website or w101 website, or even through the Crown Shop in-game with crowns. I am willing to purchase crowns to buy it in-game, all I am requesting is the gauntlet itself and I have the money to buy it, but I am unsure of what is the point of there being a gauntlet and the user cannot buy it. I had submitted this request to your Help Desk but I was instructed by one of your staff members to post my concerns here. Please, is there any way you can put it up in the Crown Shop just like you have done for Winterbane, Pagoda and Spiral Cup? Or put up the bundle to be available online? I would I appreciate a productive and positive response.

Regards,
Angel Raven

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Artur Raven on Apr 19, 2020 wrote:
Good day, KI

The purpose of my request is to allow users that play Wizard101 to be able to purchase the Play Accursed Gauntlet through any means: online or in-game. I have driven to three different walmart stores in my area and none are carrying the Accursed Play bundle. I checked out your site to see which walmart stores may have it available: https://kingsisleblog.com/2018/06/25/the-accursed-play-gauntlet-and-where-you-can-find-yours/. However, this was no help. I live in Miami, FL, meaning that all walmarts in this list are way to far from my area. I called some of them, like for example the one in Tampa and Orlando, and they said they did not have it. I am trying to complete my collection of gauntlets and play with my brother and cousins. I am disappointed and a bit frustrated because there is no way to purchase the bundle at walmart, online through walmart's website or w101 website, or even through the Crown Shop in-game with crowns. I am willing to purchase crowns to buy it in-game, all I am requesting is the gauntlet itself and I have the money to buy it, but I am unsure of what is the point of there being a gauntlet and the user cannot buy it. I had submitted this request to your Help Desk but I was instructed by one of your staff members to post my concerns here. Please, is there any way you can put it up in the Crown Shop just like you have done for Winterbane, Pagoda and Spiral Cup? Or put up the bundle to be available online? I would I appreciate a productive and positive response.

Regards,
Angel Raven
Hello, Angel Raven! It's been nearly 2 years since KI released the Accused Play Gauntlet; perhaps KI will allow it to be bought on-line as the other retired game cards.

Good Luck!

Survivor
Aug 19, 2015
I appreciate your reply and hopefulness, Anecorbie. However, like you said, it's been over 2 years since the Accursed Play bundle came out, and not even fully available for all players. I've been a Wizard101 player since 2012 and I loved how the game worked and organized things were, but this is merely disappointing. All I ask is for there to be a way to purchase the bundle or the gauntlet itself, and not just select random Walmart stores nationwide because that simply draws me to the conclusion that KI does not want all players to be able to purchase the bundle for some reason. I hope that someday... after two years... the bundle becomes available for purchase soon.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Artur Raven on Apr 23, 2020 wrote:
I appreciate your reply and hopefulness, Anecorbie. However, like you said, it's been over 2 years since the Accursed Play bundle came out, and not even fully available for all players. I've been a Wizard101 player since 2012 and I loved how the game worked and organized things were, but this is merely disappointing. All I ask is for there to be a way to purchase the bundle or the gauntlet itself, and not just select random Walmart stores nationwide because that simply draws me to the conclusion that KI does not want all players to be able to purchase the bundle for some reason. I hope that someday... after two years... the bundle becomes available for purchase soon.
I understand you.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2014
Good day, KI

Regards,
Angel Raven
I second this. It’s extremely hard to get hold of nearly all gauntlets outside of USA, this game is world-wide and not just one country so to only sell in specific stores in that country and nowhere else i feel it’s so unfair and disappointing. Atleast let us buy them online /: Instead, if you really desperately want a gauntlet, you’re left purchasing it second-hand from somewhere unsafe and possibly being scammed. It’s such a shame.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
Good day, KI

Regards,
Angel Raven
Another post that's mentioned the Bundle, wow. *Sarcasm*
The fact they're not releasing it is now just neglectful, really.

We have my OP:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/accursed-play-gauntletother-store-bundles-during-bundle-a-palooza-8ad6a42570ecacee0171083287da3b7b?page=1
Another User following my OP:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/accursed-play-discontinued-8ad6a42670ecacdf01710d30d6700003
My Repeat Post with ZERO response from Kingsisle:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/its-about-time-for-the-bundles-to-switch-8ad6a42b71a0ede40171ad184167672b
ANOTHER Post I found fumbling around the Gauntlet Section of the Forums:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/gauntlets/accursed-play-gauntlet-8ad6a4276fa88c34016fd0bd056d0501?page=1

I can probably go down the rabbit hole and find more posts about this but come on Kingsisle, seriously?
Sparck, Ratbeard, Arthur, etc., your move. Some of us "Pay to Win" players are getting fed up of the silence.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
If Walmart has a contract, it's entirely likely that KI cannot sell this bundle directly without legal ramifications.

No volume of requests can change their legal obligations, responsibilities and liability.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
PaigeGoldenspear on May 1, 2020 wrote:
If Walmart has a contract, it's entirely likely that KI cannot sell this bundle directly without legal ramifications.

No volume of requests can change their legal obligations, responsibilities and liability.
That, too.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2015
PaigeGoldenspear on May 1, 2020 wrote:

If Walmart and their contracts are limiting KI to sell their bundles due to whatever reason. I am sure KI can definitely put this up for sale online through their website; simple as that. Also, I heard another bundle is coming up for a new gauntlet called Doomsday Krok, now imagine how that's going to turn out. If anyone from KI's team is willing to give us all a response, I would greatly appreciate. I can see I am not the only one feeling frustrated here.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2014
This needs to be available online like now. My entire state of Walmart's do not carry them anymore. How am I suppose to buy this?

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I started looking for this card a year ago and suggested KI offer it online last October. It is sad that KI won't offer it online. Some of the treasure cards like Pigsie are available through alternate means. Lifemoon seeds are a fairly reliable source through Beastmoon. But Ninja Piglet and Angry Snowpig are not yet Maybe KI will listen to the community and offer it soon. There is a market especially due to the pandemic.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2019
Please, please, if anyone knows what Walmart in the U.S. sells The Accursed, please advise me. I have people in different states looking in different Walmarts. We are all unable to find it and Walmart does not list it anywhere on its site as even having it. I would think K.I. would be able to assist us in buying this.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
Sparck, or any of development team..

This subject has been brought up on multiple occasions but gets put aside without any acknowledgement. Can you perhaps give us a potential timeline to when you plan on opening this bundle for online purchase, because it appears that Wal-mart across the US does not carry these cards anymore and the bundle was only put out there for like 4-5 months before it was completely discontinued. I missed out on prizes from the prior KI lives like the code "Rockthelock" and other great additions that would of added more "activities for my home and as a housing gauntlet collector, it is something I am ashamed that I missed due to personal circumstances. I certainly do hope you plan on giving us a chance of crafting it or throw it into a pack that we can collect materials/win it from. While I understand Karamelle and the PVP revisions are top priority I would love to see this bundle actually gain even a sliver of attention that the other bundles get year to year.

Perhaps you can shed some light for us on what we can possibly do in the meantime? I would like to see something in lieu of the missing information regarding this bundle. Perhaps give us a pirate 101 mini game that I can put the house or potentially adding more arcade games ... something?!?

Your attention in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi,
I live far outside of usa so im always frustrated when a bundle can only be bought on usa stores.
Recently the underwater bundle was one of the bundle i wanted so much. I ve tried to buy it online on gamestop website but of course cant access it from my country so no problem lets take a vpn subscribe on a website that offer an address on usa and buy it. And nope i've tried many things but it seems only illegal ways,moving to usa or subcribing to no so cheap services could help me or waiting.
So maybe offering a way to other country to get access to new bundles could be a good idea.
On all people i meet in games i see less than the half live in usa.
I know there is contract with other companies so i know thats probably not happen but i wanted to scream about this injustice that don't affect at all my love for this game but plz

Make underwater and accursed play gauntlet availabe online as soon as possible

Thanks for reading

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Stormwind 8108 on Sep 9, 2020 wrote:
Hi,
I live far outside of usa so im always frustrated when a bundle can only be bought on usa stores.
Recently the underwater bundle was one of the bundle i wanted so much. I ve tried to buy it online on gamestop website but of course cant access it from my country so no problem lets take a vpn subscribe on a website that offer an address on usa and buy it. And nope i've tried many things but it seems only illegal ways,moving to usa or subcribing to no so cheap services could help me or waiting.
So maybe offering a way to other country to get access to new bundles could be a good idea.
I know there is contract with other companies so i know thats probably not happen but i wanted to scream about this injustice that don't affect at all my love for this game but plz

Thanks for reading
There was an Announcement from KI today. This Gift Card can now be purchased online:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?513283-Accursed-Play-Gauntlet-Gift-Card-39-buy-online

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
It is now available online on the website.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Stormwind 8108 on Sep 9, 2020 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for reading
I wrote this message before the release of the accursed online.
I will buy it in a short time

Survivor
Aug 19, 2015
Finally, KI listened to all of us! They shouldn't have taken this long to put up the bundle on their website. But, needless to say, at long last KI listened to our prayers and posts. I hope everybody that have contributed to this thread are safe and healthy, I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Artur Raven