Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Player rewards lacking with newer content

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
I sub to this game for nostalgia and entertainment. I hate to view a game as work. lately, with each new release, it seems like newer content is just becoming more and more work with little to no reward for the amount of effort applied. The Catacombs is a major disappointment in regards to the loot distribution system. I don't want to spend countless hours each day running dungeons just to get a few reagents to maybe, hopefully, one day be able to craft something useful BEFORE the next content release. Why chase after any new gear when by the time you get to maybe use it, it is already obselete. I know you have players who play for hours and hours on end without sleeping to get their new gear done but is that really what you as a company want to promote. don't sleep, don't eat, just play the game all day long and do nothing else to achieve nothing in the end? I can't believe that that is what you want to promote in a video game

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I agree with you. I quit bothering to do these very hard bosses time and time again to never get the thing you need to get. Or not even a decent consolation prize. What would it hurt to put in some really rare reagents or a cool housing item as consolation

Same with opening packs. The drop rates for the things you would like to get out of a certain pack, is totally horrendous.
Since they barely ever have any good crown sales, I just don't open packs anymore. I just go about playing the game as best I can with inferior gear. And minus the latest cool mounts.

Like you said, they must think people playing need to play around the clock to obtain the things the boss drop. (unhealthy)

And they must think people have deep pockets and pocket books and can just buy endless crowns to get the thing they would like to have. When you open a pack you mostly get junk stuff just to sell or put in the garbage.

I would hate to see this game go by the wayside due to these practices. I really don't see what it would hurt to increase drop rates a percent or 2 or 3.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
I would love to "want" to open a pack or two knowing that i was getting a fair shot at something i could use but i feel the same way, opening any random pack becomes a waste when you mostly get lower level stuff that you could have used 3 or 4 years ago. I would love to enrich this company but every time i give them a shot, I "Always" feel as though i got cheated or they got the better of me somehow. It's a sinking feeling that I hate to experience. Throwing real money at a game hoping to get something good after a few attempts seems far away with this company. One thing they could sell, is a timed stacking multiplier adjuster. I would certainly pay for something like that if it reduced the frustration i feel every time i run a dungeon or try opening some random pack for some reward i am looking for.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Let me see if i can post an articulated comment that the developers might understand and maybe respond to.

Most people play your game as a method to pass time not as a means to enrich your company. They may buy stuff in the process that makes their game playing experience more meaningful but their intent is not just to throw money at your company. You are developing content with loot rewards that now takes months or even years to earn simply because you are trying accommodate those few players who will login and stay logged in 24 hours a day until they earn all the loot drops they are seeking. For them, it is a matter of weeks because they have nothing else better to do with their lives than to literally spend all day and night playing a game till they do get all the rewards. For the casual player though, it becomes a miserable playing experience because they rarely, if ever, actually get all their desired rewards because the multipliers are so low that they never hit them in an expected amount of time. Driving the game programming towards those elite players who play all day and night just so it takes them weeks to earn stuff is just making it take months for the rest of us. Please, for the love of all that is holy, quit making it take months for us to earn loot drops!

That's about as articulated as i can get in my pleas for you to put the fun back in the game. I don't think it's asking a whole lot but maybe it does fall on deaf ears.