Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

General Questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I wasn't sure if this would be better here or the Commons.

1) Why wasn't the Death School put back in Ravenwood during the revamp? If there was any good time for it to happen that would have been it. (It also follows the idea that they "can't abandon one whole school of magic").

2) Why is there no Balance School in Ravenwood? Even Wysteria has Equilibrium.

3) Can we ever restore Azteca? It's really wearying to go through there plus I can't imagine those explosions are good for people with certain conditions. By the end of the third arc we'd certainly have the power to do so.

4) Is Bartleby supposed to still sound sick even after we finish the quest?

5) Why don't the dogs in Marleybone have tails? Some cats don't either and I can't figure it out. It just looks weird.

6) Can Feint be moved somewhere else so we don't have to point buy the whole of Death School spells just to get it?

7) Can the Housing Gauntlets be made kiosk joinable?

8) Could we ever stitch a form instead of just having a temporary change? Also could we get more forms?

9) Why aren't there more Zafaria-themed spell cards? The only one I can think of is Mokompo the Storm minion.

10) Why doesn't Balance get to learn Spirit Blast*, gain a Spirit Minion, have a Spirit version of Nested Fury, have a damage over time spell, or get a Balance shield?

*(Yes, I'm aware of the pet that gives Spirit Blast, but it's not something one can put into ones deck multiple times the way Spectral Blast is. I've asked this before and intend to keep asking until I get an answer.)

Historian
May 15, 2009
Indagare on Jan 14, 2020 wrote:

1) Why wasn't the Death School put back in Ravenwood during the revamp? If there was any good time for it to happen that would have been it. (It also follows the idea that they "can't abandon one whole school of magic").

3) Can we ever restore Azteca? It's really wearying to go through there plus I can't imagine those explosions are good for people with certain conditions. By the end of the third arc we'd certainly have the power to do so.

5) Why don't the dogs in Marleybone have tails? Some cats don't either and I can't figure it out. It just looks weird.

6) Can Feint be moved somewhere else so we don't have to point buy the whole of Death School spells just to get it?

8) Could we ever stitch a form instead of just having a temporary change? Also could we get more forms?

9) Why aren't there more Zafaria-themed spell cards? The only one I can think of is Mokompo the Storm minion.

10) Why doesn't Balance get to learn Spirit Blast*, gain a Spirit Minion, have a Spirit version of Nested Fury, have a damage over time spell, or get a Balance shield?

*(Yes, I'm aware of the pet that gives Spirit Blast, but it's not something one can put into ones deck multiple times the way Spectral Blast is. I've asked this before and intend to keep asking until I get an answer.)
i'll try to answer your questions as best i can.

1. the whole revamping of Wizard City didn't have actual impact on the storyline sans the unicorn way story which got a rework, so officially the Death school is and will probably forever remain fallen since it's kind of a big part of the WC storyline.

2. Balance magic is an almost lost school of magic that was only recently rediscovered by the Order of the Fang, because of this there is no official school of magic for it in Ravenwood.

3. Probably, but in all likelihood Azteca is canonically going to be destroyed. Also despite how powerful our wizard has grown, i very much doubt they have the power to destroy a cataclysmic level meteor.

4. I haven't finished the third arc entirely yet but i'd imagine simply dealing with Grandfather Spider and his ilk hasn't quite fixed everything seeing as how there is a 4th story arc to come.

5. It's probably a graphical issue, i mean they can't even keep capes from glitching out on certain mounts, so i imagine it's not something they are looking into doing, especially considering that Marleybone has been out for a very long time and is relatively untouched now.

6. Honestly, it would be far better to stock up on Treasure Card variants of feint, the traps are stronger and don't require investing training points in a school you're only learning for one spell.

7. I believe this is another technical issue, which would probably be more complicated to try and address rather than to simply let it be.

8. I honestly doubt they will ever do this, mostly because forms aren't a physical item, but rather a potion, and you can't stitch those.

9. they may eventually add new lore cards from Zafaria, but honestly it wasn't that interesting of a world, and the characters and monsters even less so.

10. We already have this in a sense with Chimera, but It's unlikely to be added at this point, except maybe as a craftable or lore spell.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
Samuel Wolfe on Jan 15, 2020 wrote:
i'll try to answer your questions as best i can.

1. the whole revamping of Wizard City didn't have actual impact on the storyline sans the unicorn way story which got a rework, so officially the Death school is and will probably forever remain fallen since it's kind of a big part of the WC storyline.

2. Balance magic is an almost lost school of magic that was only recently rediscovered by the Order of the Fang, because of this there is no official school of magic for it in Ravenwood.

3. Probably, but in all likelihood Azteca is canonically going to be destroyed. Also despite how powerful our wizard has grown, i very much doubt they have the power to destroy a cataclysmic level meteor.

4. I haven't finished the third arc entirely yet but i'd imagine simply dealing with Grandfather Spider and his ilk hasn't quite fixed everything seeing as how there is a 4th story arc to come.

5. It's probably a graphical issue, i mean they can't even keep capes from glitching out on certain mounts, so i imagine it's not something they are looking into doing, especially considering that Marleybone has been out for a very long time and is relatively untouched now.

6. Honestly, it would be far better to stock up on Treasure Card variants of feint, the traps are stronger and don't require investing training points in a school you're only learning for one spell.

7. I believe this is another technical issue, which would probably be more complicated to try and address rather than to simply let it be.

8. I honestly doubt they will ever do this, mostly because forms aren't a physical item, but rather a potion, and you can't stitch those.

9. they may eventually add new lore cards from Zafaria, but honestly it wasn't that interesting of a world, and the characters and monsters even less so.

10. We already have this in a sense with Chimera, but It's unlikely to be added at this point, except maybe as a craftable or lore spell.
1) Maybe at first, but after a while it's not that important and once you get the MooShu B.O.X.E.S event it gets really confusing why they simply didn't rebuild it.

2) Again, this might be true but it doesn't make a lot of sense later on, especially given Wysteria is not exactly a stellar magic school and it does have a Balance school in Equilibrium.

3) I'm more thinking we can find some way to stop the comet fragments falling and restore the old music. Xibalba could be replaced in the sky with Mother Moon. The dungeon could be revisited, but it would not activate the doom and gloom if the other event is done.

4) This is true, but I'm not sure if it's that significant or simply something they forgot.

5) They just got done revamping Wizard City; it would make some sense for them to eventually revamp all the worlds of the First Arc.

6) I've always found stacking traps helpful and it's impossible to boost a TC.

7) They're already altering the kiosk, so I'm not sure this would be more complicated than some of what they already have planned.

8) I know, but it would be nice not to have to constantly buy potions to stay in a form.

9) I liked Zafaria and I'd be really happy to get Lore cards related to it. I think all the worlds ought to have representation among the cards in each school.

10) Chimera takes a while to pip for, though. Spirit Blast is on par in damage and cost with Spectral Blast and could easily be added to Niles and bought at the same time someone can gain Spectral Blast from Alhazred. Spirit Minion could be learned at level 38 alongside Spectral Minion. Some other spell could be learned at level 108 alongside Nested Fury that does 818-866 , , or damage costing 6 regular pips and 1 shadow pip. For both Spirit Minion and Spirit Fury it'd be twice the work, which would balance it out. Spirit spells tend to boost against Balance foes, so it'd be the next best thing to having a prism. Also, given how the shields, traps, and blades work up to that point, it's really confusing that these aren't there as learnable spells.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Indagare on Jan 18, 2020 wrote:
1) Maybe at first, but after a while it's not that important and once you get the MooShu B.O.X.E.S event it gets really confusing why they simply didn't rebuild it.

2) Again, this might be true but it doesn't make a lot of sense later on, especially given Wysteria is not exactly a stellar magic school and it does have a Balance school in Equilibrium.

3) I'm more thinking we can find some way to stop the comet fragments falling and restore the old music. Xibalba could be replaced in the sky with Mother Moon. The dungeon could be revisited, but it would not activate the doom and gloom if the other event is done.

4) This is true, but I'm not sure if it's that significant or simply something they forgot.

5) They just got done revamping Wizard City; it would make some sense for them to eventually revamp all the worlds of the First Arc.

6) I've always found stacking traps helpful and it's impossible to boost a TC.

7) They're already altering the kiosk, so I'm not sure this would be more complicated than some of what they already have planned.

8) I know, but it would be nice not to have to constantly buy potions to stay in a form.

9) I liked Zafaria and I'd be really happy to get Lore cards related to it. I think all the worlds ought to have representation among the cards in each school.

10) Chimera takes a while to pip for, though. Spirit Blast is on par in damage and cost with Spectral Blast and could easily be added to Niles and bought at the same time someone can gain Spectral Blast from Alhazred. Spirit Minion could be learned at level 38 alongside Spectral Minion. Some other spell could be learned at level 108 alongside Nested Fury that does 818-866 , , or damage costing 6 regular pips and 1 shadow pip. For both Spirit Minion and Spirit Fury it'd be twice the work, which would balance it out. Spirit spells tend to boost against Balance foes, so it'd be the next best thing to having a prism. Also, given how the shields, traps, and blades work up to that point, it's really confusing that these aren't there as learnable spells.
1. i honestly think the Boxes event isn't actually canon to the overall story of the game, since it's only in game for a limited amount of time, it's more like a seasonal event other games go.

2. Wysteria is more satire than anything else, so you really can't cite it as a reason for adding a new school to ravenwood.

3. Honestly i wouldn't mind this, but it is up to KI and whether or not they would want to add this functionality to a world we may not ever return to.

4. i think it's likely very significant to the plot seeing as how i've heard this will be the final story arc, so they will probably try to tie up all the loose ends by the 'end' of the game.

5. It depends on what the plans are for Wizard101. because if what i've heard is true and the next story arc is the last, then they may be getting ready to push the game aside once it's all said and done.

6. that is true, but it still beats having to invest several training points into a school for only 1 spell. and while i do agree making it an optional spell for the class would solve the training points issue, right now it boils down to whether or not KI wants to do that.

7. I am not aware of what changes they are making to it, but i'd reckon it'd be a touch more complicated because the dungeons are housing items.

8. I understand, but it doesn't change the fact they are still potions. Im just thankful you can buy them with gold.

9. that's up to KI, i personally didn't care for Zafaria, but i won't reject new spellcards.

10. Im honestly not sure why it was never included as a learnable spell,or craftable, or earning via loremaster as it is (as you say) very handy to have and beneficial.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
"Zafaria, but honestly it wasn't that interesting of a world, and the characters and monsters even less so."

Seriously? Zafaria is my favorite second arc world, mainly because I read a set of mystery novels set in Gaberone in the south part of Africa. The characters were pretty interesting to me, but I agree that the mob variety could have been made a bit more interesting because variants of the Zafarian tribes and random elementals. Also, too many rhinos.

"I liked Zafaria and I'd be really happy to get Lore cards related to it."

Nooo, not more Lore spells that have to be farmed! To be fair, it would be nice to see Zafaria get a lore pack like Grizzleheim did. The Grizzleheim lore spells were all great(Life finally got a lore attack that hits all enemies) and I want to see other worlds get the same treatment, especially ones which have rich lore like Zafaria. Not sure if I want to spend more real money on Crowns to open another lore pack though... here's hoping that Loremaster drops these or we can spellwright them in the future.

"6) Can Feint be moved somewhere else so we don't have to point buy the whole of Death School spells just to get it?"

You're not buying all of the to get Feint. True, only two spells remain after that, but the same could be said for and nobody's complaining about having Satyr moved somewhere else so as to not buy the whole Life school. To be honest, I had avoided Satyr for a long time on my death in hoping that Loremaster would teach Pigsie to her. My fire has Pigsie so she doesn't need Satyr. It's weaker but affects all allies so it's a better Unicorn.

Anyways, what are you planning to do with all of those training points, get Master of Shapes? You'll be swimming in training points by Level 90, you don't have to be a stingy miser. My Fire is at Level 64 and have four extra training points and she bought Elemental Blade, and all of Ice up to Tower Shield as well as all Sun Enchants up to Gargantuan. (She doesn't have Satyr or Feint just yet.) Next level she'll have a fifth training point. There is no reason to be hoarding points.

Also, I know you can get TC feints and the Amulet of the Feint, but the latter requires you to be Level 50 to equip it and TC Feints only grow on bushes, aka gardening, consistently, the Bazaar may not have them in stock and they are expensive.

"10) Why doesn't Balance get to learn Spirit Blast*, gain a Spirit Minion, have a Spirit version of Nested Fury, have a damage over time spell, or get a Balance shield?"

Balance is supposed to represent neutrality, it doesn't take sides. Also, in lore, Balance was discovered in Krokotopia, which worships the Elemental schools(Fire, Ice, Storm) but nothing about the spirit schools. Technically, it would require a lot of resources to add in Spirit-school versions of Spectral Blast, Nested Fury, and whatnot. Maybe the Level 138 spell will be a Spirit version of Nested Fury. *shrug*

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
Samuel Wolfe on Jan 20, 2020 wrote:
1. i honestly think the Boxes event isn't actually canon to the overall story of the game, since it's only in game for a limited amount of time, it's more like a seasonal event other games go.

2. Wysteria is more satire than anything else, so you really can't cite it as a reason for adding a new school to ravenwood.

3. Honestly i wouldn't mind this, but it is up to KI and whether or not they would want to add this functionality to a world we may not ever return to.

4. i think it's likely very significant to the plot seeing as how i've heard this will be the final story arc, so they will probably try to tie up all the loose ends by the 'end' of the game.

5. It depends on what the plans are for Wizard101. because if what i've heard is true and the next story arc is the last, then they may be getting ready to push the game aside once it's all said and done.

6. that is true, but it still beats having to invest several training points into a school for only 1 spell. and while i do agree making it an optional spell for the class would solve the training points issue, right now it boils down to whether or not KI wants to do that.

7. I am not aware of what changes they are making to it, but i'd reckon it'd be a touch more complicated because the dungeons are housing items.

8. I understand, but it doesn't change the fact they are still potions. Im just thankful you can buy them with gold.

9. that's up to KI, i personally didn't care for Zafaria, but i won't reject new spellcards.

10. Im honestly not sure why it was never included as a learnable spell,or craftable, or earning via loremaster as it is (as you say) very handy to have and beneficial.
1) Even so, by the time you leave Wizard City it's pretty well-known that the Death school still exists. Even if it weren't it's an odd decision to just leave a gaping hole where a school of magic is supposed to be!

2) I guess? I just don't like that Balance was mostly left out in Ravenwood: no tree, no school, and your main teacher can only take you so far.

3) We've gotten quests leading back to Azteca and also sometimes dailies there, so it's not like we never return to it.

4) It's certainly possible. I'd just love to know one way or another.

5) It's not. Future arcs could go in any number of directions, but I'd love more sideworlds.

6) I somehow doubt they will since they probably consider the investment a way to deter people from taking it too lightly.

CJ, yes I exaggerated a bit, but not by much. Also Satyr isn't the same thing: you can't stack it with other heals the way Feint can be stacked with other traps. Plus only Radical makes it superior to the TC version whereas Potent Trap is a superior version to the TC version in terms of damage caused to an enemy. Plus this isn't really about the points as much as a very useful spell being put in a long line of other spells that one might not want or ever use.

7) It could be, I honestly don't know, but it'd still be nice to have since it's not always easy finding people.

8) Yeah, still, the short duration is meh.

9) Different folks like different worlds. I'm with CJ: Zafaria lore packs could be interesting.

10) Yep.

CJ, if Balance is neutrality then all the schools should be represented equally and right now they aren't; Balance is favored towards the Elemental schools. And while there are elemental areas, the whole reason Malistaire wanted the Krokonomicon was because it was known for its powerful Life and Death magic, so there must be traditions towards Life and Death (and probably Myth) that simply don't get addressed as much.

Right now the Spirit Blast spell is in the game: it's just not learnable by wizards. I'm not sure how many resources are needed for new spells like Spirit Minion or Spirit Fury, but it would still be nice to gain them.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I'm all for #3...in regards to getting rid of meteor blasts. It's the most annoying things in the game. I loved that world even though it is so sad. I return there with friends to help them quest, or go back to buy things for a house. There needs to be a way to have an option to turn off meteorites imho. But I doubt this is very high on their list of things to do. LOL

Scarlet ShadowStone

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Indagare on Jan 14, 2020 wrote:

1. i honestly think its best staying where it is but i do agree that balance could honestly replace that spot side note one of the spoiler pages on twitter has found a balance tower in the games coding lol and they could possibly move the balance school to raven wood and have the zigzag dungeons be the main reason that stuff is still there just a thought

9. just be patient they'll soon make zafaria ones last years was gh/wt and the year before that was wysteria i believe and before that was aquila this years could be any of the un-chosen worlds like krok, marlybone, ds, cl worlds like those a part of me feels like they may end up doing one from krok this year if not that maybe a ds one who knows i do know that each year 3 new lore spells come out in packs in the spring or summer for them to sucker people into trying to get

10. best answer i can give you is the harpy pet it gives an aoe chimera item card and its alright but not great for the long run i prefer getting one we can boost ourselves