Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sir/Squire Greggor -Help/Reevaluation?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello,

These bosses are simply not possible. If anyone has suggestions on how to defeat them, please let me know. I've been trying for two weeks to no avail.

That being said, I think that they need to be moved to a different area or have their drops increased substantially. I can't get a single soul to help me via the team up, because they all just fight the Fire boss in the first room and then flee. It's really quite frustrating because I can't continue the story until I defeat these bosses :(

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Same here. My questing partner and I have not been able to complete this battle. We have been searching for hints or a guide to help us and have come up with nothing, So, in a nutshell, we are stuck like you.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Hello there! I know how you feel, it took me a while to get past them, too. I believe I have some good tips for you:

1: Ask everyone if they're going to fight the Greggors. Some people just fight Greyflame and then leave (how rude of them) so make sure everyone's going all the way.

2: Blade and do an AoE hit quickly. Sir Greggor needs to be taken out as quickly as possible, so try to hit hard and fast!

3: Always have a Life. Put shortly, heals are essential here.

I hope this helps!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Hello! I am in the same problem as you are. I've attempted this about 10 times and never finished it because everyone just wants to fight the fire boss and ditch

I decided on giving up unless there is a way to stop people from ditching after getting their reagents. If they just want the reagents then they should just fight the dragonspyre vanguard mobs instead. Just saying.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Still having this issue... It looks like other people too

Survivor
Dec 20, 2013
Here are some things that worked for my Team:

• Having a Death Wizard for support will help immensely. They can cast the following spells:
  1. **Doom & Gloom as soon as possible in the fight. (Although it will nerf wizards' healing, it will definitely reduce all the healing by the bosses). This is the most important spell in this fight, and they'll let it remain for the whole fight.
  2. Bad Juju + Indemnity on both bosses.
  3. Strangle, Entangle, and Storm dispels help a lot.

• Have a strong Storm and/or Fire Wizard to hit. Spam with AoE spells.
  • Have another wizard to support with blades and Intercept shadow spells.
  • Make sure your Team goes first - if you went first in the first fight, you'll go first thru the entire dungeon. Flee and return until you get to go first.
  • If your Team is not making good progress (everyone close to dying, etc) after about 10-15 rounds, just start over, rather than plodding along and getting killed after wasting an hour or so.

We had to run this dungeon more than once (I didn't get credit the first time), and this strategy seemed to be sound.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Thanks for your suggestion.

Still not having any luck. I really think that this should be nerfed.

I did get the farthest I ever had. We defeated the Death Sir Greggor, but an overtime killed our entire team. We went back to fight the life Squire Greggor and defeated him several times, but since the death and life ones were not defeated at the same time we never got any credit.

We were all sad...

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
This is another perfect example of KI fixing something that wasn't broken.
Yes is was ridiculously hard but the drops were worth the trouble, and it was a lot of fun
and this is why NO ONE wants to bother with it anymore.

Victoria

Survivor
Jun 23, 2013
Hi All,

I agree with so much that you all are saying. i HAVE made it all the way through to the Druid- but can't get past. Can't get the right team. And i try to help other teams get through Greggor and even though i have done it like twice successfully, I've failed many other times helping others.

I keep playing because i have so much time and money invested but it's not much fun anymore. its a grind. like a chore. I don't want it to be the easiest thing ever, but i also don't want to punch my computer because its SO FREAKING UNFAIR some times.....

A little easier or some more luck would be nice....