Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount and Pet Stitching:

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Hello, Wizards. Here are two ideas I'd love to see implemented.

Mount Stitching:

- Would function the same way as our current gear stitching. Select the appearance of one mount you'd like while retaining the stats of the other. Conditions being you'd have to own both mounts, of course, and I'd expect there to have to be some sort of limitations on the movement speeds. (Not being able to stitch a 20% onto a 50%, etc)

Pet Stitching:

- Exactly the same as mentioned above, although I'd like to suggest an alternative feature as well. Giving us the ability to choose the spell cards on our pets too. For example, being able to create my Mythic Sabertooth pet with a Myth Blade instead of its three default cards - two of which aren't very useful. A mechanic like this, combined with pet stitching, would allow for us to completely customize the appearance and cards of our pets. Again, I'd expect some obvious limitations to be put in place. (Not being able to stitch Arena pets if you don't meet the rank requirements, not being able to put duplicate cards on the same pet, etc.)

What are your thoughts?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Instead of stitching mounts, how about being granted the ability to customise and upgrade them?

Being able to add not only colours, but possible relics that would possibly increase the movement speed or maybe even stats in some cases seem likes an idea worth exploring.

Such mounts that affect stats wouldn't be allowed in PvP though to create and ensure fairness.

But a mount custom shop would be very well attended I'm sure.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2019
I think pet stitching is a great idea. I think it should be purely aesthetic to start but upgrading pets with spell cards and other ideas would be wonderful.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Star Edward on Nov 30, 2019 wrote:
Instead of stitching mounts, how about being granted the ability to customise and upgrade them?

Being able to add not only colours, but possible relics that would possibly increase the movement speed or maybe even stats in some cases seem likes an idea worth exploring.

Such mounts that affect stats wouldn't be allowed in PvP though to create and ensure fairness.

But a mount custom shop would be very well attended I'm sure.

That's a neat idea and I'd welcome any changes along those lines too.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I myself would LOVE to be able to stitch mounts. I get tired of riding the same mount because it has 3 damage, my storm Ghulture, plus I have duplicates of fire, storm, balance. As for pets, its a great idea this way you have the pet you like with the stats you worked hard to get on another pet. Honestly who wants to run around with a bouncing pumpkin all year, or a lava worm or sand worm? Yuk. Of course charge the usual 100 to stitch or unstitch.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
I really like this idea and wanted it for a while! There are so many good looking mounts/pets that are neglected cause they don't have the cards/stats of the others. Due to this you see a lot of the same pets and mounts now. I would love to see more variety!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Matthew Raven 55 on Nov 27, 2019 wrote:
Hello, Wizards. Here are two ideas I'd love to see implemented.

Mount Stitching:

- Would function the same way as our current gear stitching. Select the appearance of one mount you'd like while retaining the stats of the other. Conditions being you'd have to own both mounts, of course, and I'd expect there to have to be some sort of limitations on the movement speeds. (Not being able to stitch a 20% onto a 50%, etc)

Pet Stitching:

- Exactly the same as mentioned above, although I'd like to suggest an alternative feature as well. Giving us the ability to choose the spell cards on our pets too. For example, being able to create my Mythic Sabertooth pet with a Myth Blade instead of its three default cards - two of which aren't very useful. A mechanic like this, combined with pet stitching, would allow for us to completely customize the appearance and cards of our pets. Again, I'd expect some obvious limitations to be put in place. (Not being able to stitch Arena pets if you don't meet the rank requirements, not being able to put duplicate cards on the same pet, etc.)

What are your thoughts?
I'd like to add onto this! I think that this shouldn't work as traditional stitching. We work so hard to obtain these mounts and many are gifts from friends and family. Instead, we should get the stat boosts based on its presence in our backpack or its presence on our character at all.