Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Basic Unfairness Of PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2014
I have tried several times to get interested, or break into PVP, and always get discouraged, and quit. The basic unfairness is in the matches. It is strictly by your level, not experience. I was under the impression that practice matches were how you trained, and learned. Really? What a joke! They will take a total noob, like yours truly, and match him with a warlord. Yeah, right, like that's fair! You learn nothing when you are dead in two rounds. It's like we have a very exclusive club here, and you're not our kind, so beat it. I'm sure lots of other players have gotten the same impression of the door being slammed in your face. Virtually any sport you can name differentiates between skill levels, not PVP. Then there is all the specialized gear involved, seems you need a wiz devoted to just PVP. Just seems it could be a lot more fun if you could use your questing wizards for casual PVP.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
The definition of a warlord relies on experience and game knowledge not only by dueling but also by watching matches and learning how to pvp. You don't need a warlord rank to call yourself warlord in fact i think the title "warlord" in itself is kinda overrated. What you need is the knowledge to set up, the knowledge of school tiers and what they do and the ability to predict outcomes. I have face many warlords and Noob players and the only major difference i see between the too is Gears and Play style. A warlord would rely less on balding him/herself and more strategic minion summoning who can blade them. While noob players simply try to stack blades in max pvp and don't realize shield can also be spammed in rotation. There is a lot of major fixes required to fix pvp.