Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp - The life of a Balance, And a Life wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
At max level, Balance and life wizards (sometimes ice) are ruling the meta. Kingsisle decides to nerf the Dark Scaronette pet from 3 fire beetles. To only one. Which is okay, BUT people have been complaining about how stuipidly broken Loremaster, and Guardian Spirit are. This topic isn't really focused on how op they are, just addressing that they need to be nerfed. Maybe for lore, get rid of the mantle? Or, reduce the damage. A 4 pip spell shouldn't make you fizzle, do 1k, and a weakness. Completely broken. YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO USE GUARDIAN SPIRIT MORE THAN ONCE PER MATCH, that just shouldn't be a thing. With crit, and bubble. You're back to max hp. This should have been addressed years ago. There have been many, many complaints about it. Seriously. Please fix this.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
imsocool48 on Aug 14, 2019 wrote:
At max level, Balance and life wizards (sometimes ice) are ruling the meta. Kingsisle decides to nerf the Dark Scaronette pet from 3 fire beetles. To only one. Which is okay, BUT people have been complaining about how stuipidly broken Loremaster, and Guardian Spirit are. This topic isn't really focused on how op they are, just addressing that they need to be nerfed. Maybe for lore, get rid of the mantle? Or, reduce the damage. A 4 pip spell shouldn't make you fizzle, do 1k, and a weakness. Completely broken. YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO USE GUARDIAN SPIRIT MORE THAN ONCE PER MATCH, that just shouldn't be a thing. With crit, and bubble. You're back to max hp. This should have been addressed years ago. There have been many, many complaints about it. Seriously. Please fix this.
I agree. Guardian spirit spammers are so annoying

Explorer
Oct 29, 2010
i agree also if they are using the guardian life spell it shouldnt be able to be use more then once they have bubble to go full health with satyr, or if they die they can come back and use the quardian again, im also upset that how can balance or life when they transform into strike that they constantly getting a shadow pip, where is that fare, that isnt right, i tried to max shadow pips chance and i never get like they do,, but other then that loremaster spell should take pips when they cast , i just use for my ice cast i use frostbite or ice elf, or ice bird, i still think we should be able to craft ice bird, would be nice

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
imsocool48 on Aug 14, 2019 wrote:
Sometimes the use of this spell confuses me. Firstly it can be countered with using doom, kind of like using on malistare before he comes back with all of his health he comes back with less. Second if you kill them they technically skip a turn before starting their round fresh again. Thirdly even though its accommodated with incoming out going heals, it almost seems the people who uses this spell relies heavily on critical hopes. Yet people get mad for a life being able to just heal of a 3k unfair in your face damage with a satyr. I don't see any good reason why a school with no actual defensive utilities should be even considered for any nerfs. Going towards lore master issue what if there was a lore master for every school equaling the situation how would people feel. Think about it every school his capable of having a busted spell.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
angellifeheart on Aug 18, 2019 wrote:
Sometimes the use of this spell confuses me. Firstly it can be countered with using doom, kind of like using on malistare before he comes back with all of his health he comes back with less. Second if you kill them they technically skip a turn before starting their round fresh again. Thirdly even though its accommodated with incoming out going heals, it almost seems the people who uses this spell relies heavily on critical hopes. Yet people get mad for a life being able to just heal of a 3k unfair in your face damage with a satyr. I don't see any good reason why a school with no actual defensive utilities should be even considered for any nerfs. Going towards lore master issue what if there was a lore master for every school equaling the situation how would people feel. Think about it every school his capable of having a busted spell.
Really so you think it's ok for people to come back to life after 5 times we can't heal like them so they can just kill us slowly overtime and spam that guardian spirit spell. We will run out of attacks since we discard so much to find what we need in that time and then they will just plenty to card to kill us. It's not fair for someone to be able to critical that and come back to life more than one time. No one really carries doom in max pvp anyway so they will have more bubbles already.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Morez174 on Aug 19, 2019 wrote:
Really so you think it's ok for people to come back to life after 5 times we can't heal like them so they can just kill us slowly overtime and spam that guardian spirit spell. We will run out of attacks since we discard so much to find what we need in that time and then they will just plenty to card to kill us. It's not fair for someone to be able to critical that and come back to life more than one time. No one really carries doom in max pvp anyway so they will have more bubbles already.
If a life is able to comeback to life 5 times in pvp clearly your doing something wrong in the opposite end. Because that's literally 25 pips cost in value. I think a good solution to fixing guardian, is to remove the revive and change it into some kind of invulnerable effect like an absorb that absorbs damage base on missing health. Second of all, if your not carrying counter cards in rank pvp then you clearly gonna have problems. Warlords don't make the excuse or mistake of not carrying specific cards like doom, weakness, dispels for other schools or even infection.We use any little giving ability that will give us an open window within our strategy to accomplish our goals. That's a tip coming from a warlord. Since i mostly practice pvp now with my life i don't rely on heavy related strats i just go with the flow because i have nothing to lose.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
angellifeheart on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
If a life is able to comeback to life 5 times in pvp clearly your doing something wrong in the opposite end. Because that's literally 25 pips cost in value. I think a good solution to fixing guardian, is to remove the revive and change it into some kind of invulnerable effect like an absorb that absorbs damage base on missing health. Second of all, if your not carrying counter cards in rank pvp then you clearly gonna have problems. Warlords don't make the excuse or mistake of not carrying specific cards like doom, weakness, dispels for other schools or even infection.We use any little giving ability that will give us an open window within our strategy to accomplish our goals. That's a tip coming from a warlord. Since i mostly practice pvp now with my life i don't rely on heavy related strats i just go with the flow because i have nothing to lose.
Yes I can’t kill them again since they critical it and get 4000 health back. I go second against the one I fight and doom cost too many pips so that won’t work. The only way I would have any chance is if I get went first and that not fair so something about needs to be changed.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Morez174 on Aug 22, 2019 wrote:
Yes I can’t kill them again since they critical it and get 4000 health back. I go second against the one I fight and doom cost too many pips so that won’t work. The only way I would have any chance is if I get went first and that not fair so something about needs to be changed.
Agreed as with everything else that needs to be changed. From high end damage and pierce to spammable utilities.
And am sure K I will find a solution i hope.