Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Rank 10 to 15

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Is there a fast way to get from rank 10 to 15 without using the higher rank seeds that attract pests over rank 5. I don't have access to Ant Lion until level 15. Someone should better explain why seeds have ranks and what they mean because it is not explained after Golem Court. Seed rank is an indicator of what level pests can happen right? Summon Pixie rank 10 only affects one plant at a time right?

Defender
May 22, 2012
Fastest is finding seeds with lots of XP EG Couch Potatoes or Key Limes both are rank 1. I think the rank indicate what pests can come on your plants. You are correct summon pixie only affects one plant. What world is your wizard you are gardening at? You can get some very useful spell at Avalon after doing the gardening quest and Khrysalis too.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Summon pixie will only be placed on one plant, but the pixie affects all nearby plants. The seed rank tends to mean that pests are higher rank, but does not always mean so. Hope this helps!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Hi. Yes, you just need to use seeds that give you alot of experience such as EMPs or Couch Potatoes. 3000 experience is what you want to look for.
Couch potatoes only get level 1 pests and EMPs I believe are the same although maybe get level 2 (or possibly that is only since the the Parsleys which are the EMP Like plant, gets the level 2 pests).

Get a few of these type plants and you'll fly through those ranks. Its the later ranks that take a while to get through to Verdant (level 20). I actually thought that the ranks indicate which level of gardener your character needs to be in order to grow that plant. And Yes the Pixie will only innoculate the one plant from pests.

Have fun