Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lock in deck feature for tournaments

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
I feel that setting is both too easy and too prominent in tournaments as it is so easy to do, simply spectate a match and check the tournament rankings. It's very frustrating to face someone that has their deck stuffed with set shields and school specific spells. So I propose Kings Isle implements a "Lock In" feature where players must lock in their deck setup at the beginning of the tournament making them unable to change their deck until after the tournament has ended which would stop people from setting. This would not only stop setting but it would also remove some of the toxicity from the PvP community allowing players new to PvP to have a good and fair tournament experience.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I think this is a good idea.

If people are worried about making a mistake with their decks, before locking their decks for the tournament they should get a on-screen prompt displaying "You cannot alter their deck during the tournament." This way players have no reason to claim they weren't prepared for a deck lock when the game visually warns them.

Noah SilverBlade -

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Only problem would be adding treasure cards you already used.

Also the biggest problem with setting is not deck setup, it is gear and pets.