Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Winter/Yuletide Packs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
Hello,

I recently bought crowns and went to the crown shop to buy Winter Wonderland / Yuletide packs, only to find that they had recently been taken down. I understand that things like Krampus are seasonal, but there should be some way for us to get winter-themed items (housing items [ex: the snowglobe that makes it snow in your house], pets, mounts, etc.) when the Yuletide Festival isn't going on, especially considering a lot of houses are Ice School themed. I had assumed [until today] that the crowns packs were always in the crown shop. I get that drops have to be seasonal, but if people are willing to pay with crowns they should be able to buy these things whenever.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This is why KI occasionally hosts the "Pack-A-Palooza" Event which features all packs at half price returning to the crown shop.

Having some packs appear at only certain times increases the inclusivity and the desire for it. Again why packs such as the ones you mentioned are only available during selected times during the year.

If another event where the pack returns doesn't occur, then the possible earliest date/time frame the pack returns would probably be for a brief period in "Christmas In July" over the Summer.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Noah DuskMender on Feb 18, 2019 wrote:
Hello,

I recently bought crowns and went to the crown shop to buy Winter Wonderland / Yuletide packs, only to find that they had recently been taken down. I understand that things like Krampus are seasonal, but there should be some way for us to get winter-themed items (housing items [ex: the snowglobe that makes it snow in your house], pets, mounts, etc.) when the Yuletide Festival isn't going on, especially considering a lot of houses are Ice School themed. I had assumed [until today] that the crowns packs were always in the crown shop. I get that drops have to be seasonal, but if people are willing to pay with crowns they should be able to buy these things whenever.
I'd love for everything to always be included in the crown shop...and al bundles, houses and mounts etc to always be there too...but I think the seasonal and/or limited edition of things probably makes KI more (otherwise they'd have them there all the time, right???).

Obviously I don't know for absolute sure but I do agree with you as a customer, I'd like things to be available more easily by adding them to crown shop or for online purchase as a standard purchase instead of limited offers or seasonal etc. I have to guess they make more money this way though...

Sorry you couldn't get everything you hoped for, but if there are items that can be auctioned it's still worth listing what you're looking for on here. You never know who might have spares they can sell for you to buy fast from Elik in the Bazaar! I know I have a few snowglobes that you're welcome to...maybe there are other things too?

Let me know if you want to buy them and we can arrange when to meet in game for me to sell them so you can have them If there's anything else specific you'd like just list them and we'll all help if we have spares you can have

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 19, 2019 wrote:
I'd love for everything to always be included in the crown shop...and al bundles, houses and mounts etc to always be there too...but I think the seasonal and/or limited edition of things probably makes KI more (otherwise they'd have them there all the time, right???).

Obviously I don't know for absolute sure but I do agree with you as a customer, I'd like things to be available more easily by adding them to crown shop or for online purchase as a standard purchase instead of limited offers or seasonal etc. I have to guess they make more money this way though...

Sorry you couldn't get everything you hoped for, but if there are items that can be auctioned it's still worth listing what you're looking for on here. You never know who might have spares they can sell for you to buy fast from Elik in the Bazaar! I know I have a few snowglobes that you're welcome to...maybe there are other things too?

Let me know if you want to buy them and we can arrange when to meet in game for me to sell them so you can have them If there's anything else specific you'd like just list them and we'll all help if we have spares you can have
You're right -- they probably do make more this way. But hey, Christmas in July isn't too far away! I'll definitely check out the bazaar, too; that's a good idea .

Awww that's so nice of you! If you don't need the extra snowglobes I'd love to meet up and buy them off you!

Noah DuskMender

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Noah DuskMender on Feb 20, 2019 wrote:
You're right -- they probably do make more this way. But hey, Christmas in July isn't too far away! I'll definitely check out the bazaar, too; that's a good idea .

Awww that's so nice of you! If you don't need the extra snowglobes I'd love to meet up and buy them off you!

Noah DuskMender
What's your wizard name and when do you usually play (include time zone)? I can meet you in dworgyn realm bazaar some time over the weekend if you'll be about (or another time if that doesn't work for you)

I can also show you other items in my house just in case they're useful to you too I don't just have snow globes but also skate rinks, grand winter globe, wreaths, garlands with lights, gingerbread house, holiday fireplaces, various christmas beds, nutcrackers, snow basins, snowmen (can snowmen be sold???), festive music scrolls etc...you're welcome to any that can be sold at the bazaar

I'll pop them all together somewhere so I can show you and then you can pick and choose what you want/how many etc.

PS Let me know if you have menu chat (text or open are both easy) so I can arrange a simple menu-chat-friendly way to indicate what you want and how to let you know when it is sold so you can buy it fast (I have a simple method in mind but won't bore you with it unless necessary!)

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 20, 2019 wrote:
What's your wizard name and when do you usually play (include time zone)? I can meet you in dworgyn realm bazaar some time over the weekend if you'll be about (or another time if that doesn't work for you)

I can also show you other items in my house just in case they're useful to you too I don't just have snow globes but also skate rinks, grand winter globe, wreaths, garlands with lights, gingerbread house, holiday fireplaces, various christmas beds, nutcrackers, snow basins, snowmen (can snowmen be sold???), festive music scrolls etc...you're welcome to any that can be sold at the bazaar

I'll pop them all together somewhere so I can show you and then you can pick and choose what you want/how many etc.

PS Let me know if you have menu chat (text or open are both easy) so I can arrange a simple menu-chat-friendly way to indicate what you want and how to let you know when it is sold so you can buy it fast (I have a simple method in mind but won't bore you with it unless necessary!)
Noah DuskMender is my wizard name. That sounds fantastic! Thank you so much. I have open chat.

Whatever time works for you works for me! I'm on GMT+3, which is a weird time zone, so if it is noon in Central Time, it's 9pm my time, but I'm always up super late so time really isn't a problem at all for me. Whatever time works for you is great!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Noah DuskMender on Feb 21, 2019 wrote:
Noah DuskMender is my wizard name. That sounds fantastic! Thank you so much. I have open chat.

Whatever time works for you works for me! I'm on GMT+3, which is a weird time zone, so if it is noon in Central Time, it's 9pm my time, but I'm always up super late so time really isn't a problem at all for me. Whatever time works for you is great!
Awesome! I'm GMT so we're not very far apart timewise

IDK what time works best and we're into weekend (moderation may be a little slower than weekdays) so how about 10pm your time (7pm GMT) in Dworgyn realm bazaar, I'll be on fiona frogfinder?

If that's cool please charm this post (it shows immediately) so I know to come to meet up; if it's no good don't charm the post and just let me know when suits you better...I'm pretty flexible too

Cya soon!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
Awesome! I'm GMT so we're not very far apart timewise

IDK what time works best and we're into weekend (moderation may be a little slower than weekdays) so how about 10pm your time (7pm GMT) in Dworgyn realm bazaar, I'll be on fiona frogfinder?

If that's cool please charm this post (it shows immediately) so I know to come to meet up; if it's no good don't charm the post and just let me know when suits you better...I'm pretty flexible too

Cya soon!
Sweet! That works perfectly. See you then! Thank you again!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Noah DuskMender on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
Sweet! That works perfectly. See you then! Thank you again!
You're very welcome, it was lovely meeting you and I'm glad to have been able to help! I'm looking forward to seeing your decorated house!

Happy decorating and cya soon!