Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death school bubbles and shadow pips RNG

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2013
Okay first I know shadow pip and RNG is an old topic people complain about. Putting this out there I think people rather keep RNG out of pvp instead of getting rid of shadow spells from pvp entirely. My solution would be that you have to earn those shadow spells but I don't know earning them in what way exactly? Do a lot of damage and you earn one maybe? Doesn't sound good in gameplay especially with the first and second plus resist non sense. However maybe make a bar to see how much you need to earn by doing damage and overtime ticks don't keep giving you energy to get a shadow pip. I don't know thought about it for awhile and that's the best I came up with I don't know if anyone else ever said but yea sounds good on paper. Don't know about gameplay. I just hate how much RNG effects the way of the battle. If I'm second and I haven't gotten a SINGLE shadow pip but my opponent which is cough cough ice is getting all the shadow pips in the world by just shielding and blading that's ridiculous. It was literally a weaver back to back and with the juju nerf I can't counter that without killing myself. They do erase the point of some 9 to 11 pips spells for some schools might I add. Though the 11 pip death spell I gotta admit IS AMAZING! The first spell to actually be something that changed how death plays in my book.

Next is the bubble topic for death school. Doom and Gloom I think could be useful for both offense and suppressing heals. HOW? Here's how not only does it keep heals down low it could perhaps maybe buff drains. Death is all about draining and seeing how you won't give us a damage bubble to train and use. I just see a drain bubble coming in handy. I not only suppress your heals but increase the amount of health I get back as well as damage maybe, I don't know sounds silly and doesn't make sense cause the more damage you do the health you get back but come on! I know of one other school that can't train a damage bubble. Yes I'm talking about you life but we need a bubble that does the job for an offense bubble warrior. Doom could get a rework if that's what it takes to get us a bubble that helps us with offense as well as suppressing heals. Life could get a damage bubble to train too. Whatever other school can as well. Just give death a trainable damage bubble or add that doom just buffs drains that's all I'm saying.

One last thing before I wrap this up. Death school while I understand why bad juju got nerfed and so many of our other spells got nerfed. The problem I still see is that you never fixed what death school is lacking in max lvl pvp. At least for 1v1. They're amazing in 4v4 but 1v1 they lack some stuff and with the bad juju nerf we kinda lost our VERY best defense spell. Why nerf a school that was doing bad and not popular at the beginning of max pvp but not touch the ones that are broken and restrict some spells from their schools that's a bit unfair for us death mains. I LOVE to 1v1 but it's just terrible right now. Not fun.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2019
The bad juju nerf was considered exploitable because jade users kept abusing the empower juju spam strategy while using a life amulet to stay alive. As opposed to the angel strategy being implemented now by jading and spamming heals both are considered exploitable. Due to the extensive stats in resist and outgoing heals these gears carry, the only way KI could have undergone a partial fix to the situation is by nerfing the said spell rather than the gear in itself.

PVP is supposed to be about the player who can outduel their opponents into defeat not stalling a match until someone flees. I believe by prohibiting such gears from PVP there wasn't a real need to nerf juju and it wouldn't have unintentionally nerfed offensive death users. Hence why I do believe life heals will be the next target until KI realize the gears are the problem not the spell in itself.

As for your idea, a death bubble has already been obtainable on a red ghost pet that gives 3 red ghost card with damage bubble. I think its good for taking out shields and applying bubble for 3 pips. I believe death drain spells should be changed from 50% of the damage to 75%. It sounds more balanced to me giving the lack of damage death wizards has on drain spells and having that little bit more extra health can lead to more survivability let me know what you think.