Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side activity Update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
For the various gameplay bits, not many are used.

Gardening: People do it SOMETIMES but it uses Pet energy, so Not often

Fishing: uses the Pet Energy and the fish is often not used to much, so you have no point to do this

Monstrology: I dont personally do anything here, but I do like it. It works like your own Minion crafter, house item creator, and mini dungeon you can set up. I can dig this.

Crafting: Everyone does this as some of the best things come from here. So this is kinda a required thing to do.

Pet Training: Same as Crafting. Not being Lazy, but come now. We all have some overpowered pets from this and we STILL go for more. heck I am grinding for a pet that has full on may casts that will keep me alive. Im storm, i got plenty damage, I just need life.

Photomancy(?): So screen shots. I guess. Ok.

I am sure I am missing 1 or 2 of them but yeah. How many of these would be said to be necessary for general gameplay. Pets and Crafting. Monstrology is just extra fun, Photomancy is screenshots, Fishing is only useful because of crafting, and Gardening is just something for you to do with extra pet energy and to have free things.

Do note that I am a Grandmaster Gardener and I am NOT proud of it. Just shows that i spent valuable pet energy on things that wouldnt give me anything worth while in comparison to pets.

What I suggest is an update to do a few things, main of this is to seperate pet energy from fishing and gardening. A choice between free casts/stats or maybe useful cards, reagents, and fish? No brainer, gunna get my pet into a dance studio and turn em into a star. Photomancy and Monstrology are fine. Screenshots aint bad and Monstrology uses the same system as Sun spells, enchanting a card to do something. Its fine. Gardening needs abit of something extra to make worth it, like having the ability to grow a plant based mount, heck crafting can build whirlwinds. Fishing, come on how many fish and aquatic based mounts do we have? Enough to fill Celestia and push out the crabbos. Yeah..