Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Baobab Crown

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Hey guys I just got here and I noticed a few problems...

1) Baobab Crowns isn't even on the map! I fell like it is one of th most important places. Please fix this!

2) The water doesn't have a logical starting place. If it did pool, the water would not be able to just cascade off like it would never stop. But logically, it should. Even a fountain or well, just some sort of explanation would satisfy me.

Even though I'm ok with the impossible water, the fact that Baobab Crown isn't on the map is really annoying. Especially since it's been there for a long time. (2+ years)

-Lauren MythMask
-Zachary SpirtLeaf

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
My daily assignment was in Zafaria today and so I checked. Baobab Crown is on the map. If you go all the way down to the pier in Baobab Crown to try and catch a Rhino fish or the Neon ectoslime skate--both of which I haven't been able to catch, you will notice on the way up the ramp on the left that the water is pooling as in an underground spring. The water has a kalidescope effect. It fills and overflows down into Baobab Crossroads.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
LuckyLarry740 on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:
My daily assignment was in Zafaria today and so I checked. Baobab Crown is on the map. If you go all the way down to the pier in Baobab Crown to try and catch a Rhino fish or the Neon ectoslime skate--both of which I haven't been able to catch, you will notice on the way up the ramp on the left that the water is pooling as in an underground spring. The water has a kalidescope effect. It fills and overflows down into Baobab Crossroads.
I was a bit confused by what the OP was saying, thanks for clarifying...I thought I was going a bit mad for a second! If somewhere isn't on the map, I'd never find it rofl!

PS. The rhino fish is the only storm fish there. Ecto slime skate is a rank 1 life fish and a real show-off. If you see a life fish swimming like a lunatic, that's your ecto slime skate begging to be caught! They're both rank 1 and I caught both with rank 1 lures, but a lot of people have struggled with them 'getting away' so you might prefer to use a higher rank lure if you have them to increase your fishing luck on catching them

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
I have no idea about you guys but i see no Baobab Crown. Only Zamunda, Zamunda Outskirts, Boabab Crossroads, Savannah, Baobab Market, Stone Town, Waterfront, Drum Jungle, and Elevant Graveyard. It might be because i was playing a long time ago but... I dunno

-Zachary SpirtLeaf

(P.S. I was talking about the world map)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
DemonHunter157 on Dec 14, 2018 wrote:
I have no idea about you guys but i see no Baobab Crown. Only Zamunda, Zamunda Outskirts, Boabab Crossroads, Savannah, Baobab Market, Stone Town, Waterfront, Drum Jungle, and Elevant Graveyard. It might be because i was playing a long time ago but... I dunno

-Zachary SpirtLeaf

(P.S. I was talking about the world map)
Ah ha! I think I know what you mean...I just went to check!

Baobab Crown doesn't show up on the extended map, perhaps because it is part of Baobab. From Baobab Crossroads it does show up on the map, but not when we zoom out to see the whole world. It's not an entirely different location in the sense that it is part of Baobab, the word 'crown' making the name mean 'on top of Baobab' or 'the top of Baobab'. It's location on a world map would literally be on top of Baobab Crossroads and since the name includes 'Baobab' it still gives sufficient information for us to head in the right direction.

It's a little like somewhere like Elik's Edge not showing up on the world map, but showing in the direct area map when we're in The Shopping District. It's a feature, not a location...the difference is that going up to Baobab Crown takes us through a loading screen which gives the impression it's a separate zone. We don't need to 'gain access' to visit there. Any wizard who is at Baobab Crossroads can also access Baobab Crown even if they're below level. Then again, they can also access Baobab Market, which does have its own label on the maps...but there are also enemies there and it's not a 'safe' zone.

I guess there are reasons why it's not defined separately on the extended maps but the 'rules' for what is or is not included may be a little inconsistent (or maybe I'm just not putting my finger on what they are exactly!)

I hope this helps explain it a little anyway!