Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dominant Ice 90% win rate. Plz Nerf pay to win

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
PVP Talks
Now before I even start my ranting lets just get straight to the point. Ice Is overpowered at its best and before anyone want to throw your bias opinions, fail shrike strategies and whatnots, let's take a few things into consideration.
First, shrike does 50% pierce. Does not pierce through Set shields(i feel your anger)Spamming doesn't guarantee anything. At level 120+ I realize for a fact this entire idea about storm having high damage to make up for low health just shows a negative impression of what school potentials each school have at level 100+. KI has release pay to win gears
Pay to win pet talents because of course pets cost energy and time. And no one without crowns is able to get a pet from baby to mega without having a membership especially if they are aiming for that perfect pet.

Stormlifedeathmyth needs a buff in damage, Pierce, resist and access to low-level Dot. People usually say don't compare apple to oranges well let me tell you something numbers aren't apples and oranges you wanna count it be my guess but numbers don't lie, stats don't lie.
Fire has become the main damage output and in my opinion is the only that stands a chance against ice. With a decent 40% pierce access to Dot and a relatively 55% resist and 6k base health. it has a chance.
relatively ok relies on weakness resist and loremaster to survive. a balance without loremaster will not win be able to have a chance to win in max pvp against

Now I wanted to show you guys what stats an ice have on a basic scales through pay to win and what k I need to do to fix this Ice top tier madness, because of an ice with storm damage on a spell reference basis glow bug to abominable weaver with 8k health and you know what since am already expecting lots of bias comments. Since am unable to attach any pictures ill briefly name out the ice stats 120lvl

8100 -100% dmg-66 %resist to -80--(with ward pet)-33%acurracy-32%piercing
422critical 136%block-91power pip chance(optional) he had double accuracy jewel one on athame and deck.
6%pip bonus- 448 pip conversion.
Gears list as follows for those interesting in trying it out themselves.
Krok hat-lv100(farmable)
Rattlebones robe-lv 100(farmable)
Ghulture hoard pack boots-lv120(pay to win)
Darkmoor athame-lv100(farmable)
Rats amulet Orlov's charm-110(farmable)
Duelist dare devil ring-(pretty standard)Pvp(farmable)(pay to win)(no membership no gold no arena tickets)
Darkmoor deck could have better stats block critical with (rats deck)(farmable)
Wand witch hunters(pay to win) best wand bar far for Dot 6wand hits poison.-lv 120
Pet armament-ward balance fire ice-max stats- Ice Dealer jewel.
Can boost more damage output with ghulture mount.

Point is when people say why ice is so good its not just a factor of one thing but many giving the fact why ice don't deserve access to high heal but a heal none the less is still viable for pve.
I understand school uniqueness but this is ridiculous.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Pets are NOT pay-to-win and OP pets are absolutely achievable even as a F2P wizard. Vanessa Raventhorn proved this with 'Project Raven' years ago.

As the owner of Pet Central she chose to set herself the challenge of making a max stat, clean pool, quint death damage raven using a brand new F2P wizard only. The only assistance from her real account was providing the non-raven death damage pet to hatch with...with the addition of the hatch kiosk this assistance is no longer required.

She achieved the parent raven within 1 month - max stats, clean pool, 2 damages manifested on an adult raven. It took a further 2 weeks to manifest the perfect combo of quint damages.

The project was complete without membership, crowns, gifting or assistance in 6 weeks. During the time of this project she was also questing her 'real' account, making new pets to share, gold farming, running Pet Central and doing all her meet-ups for pet sharing every day too...plus school, homework and real life commitments of course.

The method did not include passing the pet to other wizards for hatching or training etc or any kind of loop-holes or 'tricks'. She did this on one F2P wizard on a F2P account that did not have access to any perks or benefits of an account that has or ever has had anything more. She did not have gifts, free prizes from KI giveaways, or grub guardian etc. It was important for it to be absolutely independent for the project to have value.

Anyone wanting more info about Project Raven, just ask and I will happily give more details about the process she used for gold, snacks, energy etc...but you'll likely be surprised that you knew it all already and just under-estimated the cumulative resources available!

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
Pets are NOT pay-to-win and OP pets are absolutely achievable even as a F2P wizard. Vanessa Raventhorn proved this with 'Project Raven' years ago.

As the owner of Pet Central she chose to set herself the challenge of making a max stat, clean pool, quint death damage raven using a brand new F2P wizard only. The only assistance from her real account was providing the non-raven death damage pet to hatch with...with the addition of the hatch kiosk this assistance is no longer required.

She achieved the parent raven within 1 month - max stats, clean pool, 2 damages manifested on an adult raven. It took a further 2 weeks to manifest the perfect combo of quint damages.

The project was complete without membership, crowns, gifting or assistance in 6 weeks. During the time of this project she was also questing her 'real' account, making new pets to share, gold farming, running Pet Central and doing all her meet-ups for pet sharing every day too...plus school, homework and real life commitments of course.

The method did not include passing the pet to other wizards for hatching or training etc or any kind of loop-holes or 'tricks'. She did this on one F2P wizard on a F2P account that did not have access to any perks or benefits of an account that has or ever has had anything more. She did not have gifts, free prizes from KI giveaways, or grub guardian etc. It was important for it to be absolutely independent for the project to have value.

Anyone wanting more info about Project Raven, just ask and I will happily give more details about the process she used for gold, snacks, energy etc...but you'll likely be surprised that you knew it all already and just under-estimated the cumulative resources available!
That feels like a bit of a strawman argument considering how the bulk of his post is saying that Ice / Ice gear is OP and needs nerfing and gave clear examples of Crowns-Only gear (i.e. Witch Hunter's Arbalest) that give Ice those insane stats that it really doesn't need. Even if pets aren't pay-to-win, paying absolutely helps with the process (energy gear).

Ice has always been Top-Tier at PVP but now it's getting out of control.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Exabytes on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
That feels like a bit of a strawman argument considering how the bulk of his post is saying that Ice / Ice gear is OP and needs nerfing and gave clear examples of Crowns-Only gear (i.e. Witch Hunter's Arbalest) that give Ice those insane stats that it really doesn't need. Even if pets aren't pay-to-win, paying absolutely helps with the process (energy gear).

Ice has always been Top-Tier at PVP but now it's getting out of control.
How is it 'a strawman argument'? I didn't comment on anything other than the false claim that pets are pay-to-win. All the pets and all their talents are available at no monetary cost. I didn't use this fact to dismiss any of the other concepts or thoughts of the OP, I left opinions on those things to the PvP experts...but as a pet person I object to anything that deliberately sets out to discourage players from attempting to make their dream pets. It is absolutely possible to achieve a perfect pet without using ANY real money.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
The only piece of gear you mentioned that is pay to win is the Boots. All the other gear is farmable or obtained from drops. The boots from The secret tunnel level 125 are just as good as the Ghulture boots.
and yes i have a Level 130 ice Warlord and she did not have the Ghulture boots, or the Ghulture mount.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:
How is it 'a strawman argument'? I didn't comment on anything other than the false claim that pets are pay-to-win. All the pets and all their talents are available at no monetary cost. I didn't use this fact to dismiss any of the other concepts or thoughts of the OP, I left opinions on those things to the PvP experts...but as a pet person I object to anything that deliberately sets out to discourage players from attempting to make their dream pets. It is absolutely possible to achieve a perfect pet without using ANY real money.
Because you weren't debating at all about his original point (i.e. whether Ice is overpowered or not), but instead went off on a tangent and dismissed only one secondary aspect of his argument (whether pets are pay to win) while leaving it open to interpretation what you feel about the actual discussion.

Hence, strawman.

At least until your last reply, where clarified that you are not trying to dismiss any other concepts or thoughts of the OP. Cause it sure seemed that way.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:

Hi there sincerely appreciated your comment but this was a solely a reason as to why is beyond busted in stats in pvp of course at max level. Um, btw it takes longer for someone without any help to train pets especially when they don't have access to high-level snacks other than bane. Of course, am not saying its impossible am saying talents on pets now are
way overboard in numbers covering basic weakness.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Catherine Wilddrea... on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:
The only piece of gear you mentioned that is pay to win is the Boots. All the other gear is farmable or obtained from drops. The boots from The secret tunnel level 125 are just as good as the Ghulture boots.
and yes i have a Level 130 ice Warlord and she did not have the Ghulture boots, or the Ghulture mount.
Boots and wand fwi. and i dint say they werent farmable again your not understanding my post and describing why ice stats is busted in pvp base on pay to win gears.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think there are people on this thread who don't know the definition of 'straw man argument' and don't know the definition of 'pay-to-win'.

If it is achievable without spending money it is NOT pay-to-win

For straw man arguments, please look up the definition, then re-read my original post. It has ZERO characteristics that define a straw man argument. It literally explains that pets are not pay-to-win. Where is the 'straw man'???

Survivor
Dec 17, 2017
personally, I think ALL pay2play gear, pets and spells should be disallowed in PVP for ranking purposes.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:
I think there are people on this thread who don't know the definition of 'straw man argument' and don't know the definition of 'pay-to-win'.

If it is achievable without spending money it is NOT pay-to-win

For straw man arguments, please look up the definition, then re-read my original post. It has ZERO characteristics that define a straw man argument. It literally explains that pets are not pay-to-win. Where is the 'straw man'???
I do understand pay to win terminology as i stated my dear wands from bundles and packs are not farmable.
The witch hunters wand as its being mostly abused by ice now coming with 6 shadow wand hits with a dot may cast
puts them in a more favorable position more so than ever before.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
siloette on Dec 14, 2018 wrote:
personally, I think ALL pay2play gear, pets and spells should be disallowed in PVP for ranking purposes.
Am not sure that I understood that correctly, but just to update this I would say pets should be ban from PVP rank matches. As for spells and their effects they should either be reworked buff or nerfed but should not be excluded from PVP because its what schools rely on. PVP gears should also be custom and not pay to win. Whereas only by using these custom set gears for their appropriate schools. They should also be uniquely accessible to all players who start pvp and as they rank the better the gears.