Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Emperya 2's end raises lots of questions (SPOLERS)

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
This post contains spoilers fron the very end of Emperya Part 2. If you have not finished yet, please do not read!

Ok, so I finished Empyrya Part 2 yesterday (Hooray!), but it raises just an many questions as it does answers. I'll bring them up here.

1: Is the Storm Titan dead? Did you kill him in the final battle? That sounds like something no person could do. But than again, after becoming Bartleby's Scion, I can't view us as completely human anymore...

2: The Scion transformation was, in a word, ASTOUNDING. Where did the idea come from? Will it be called upon again, at any point in the future storyline? Seems unlikely, but you never know.

3: What does Sybil mean by "Nothing"? What power could possibly be a greater threat to the Spiral than the ones who made it in the first place?

4: Are the Paradox Chains restored? Did our Essence remake those as well?

5: What will happen to Mandalla? Will it ever go back to the way it was, since Bat and Mellori fixed the Wheel?

6: Why don't we ever see much of the Council of Light in Emperya, aside from the Lady of the Lake taking you to the Reverie? I loved their return, but there should maybe have been a little bit more of them in the storyline.

7: Why isn't there a Chain of Balance? It's the one school that's left out.

You know, these sound like questions for The Curator. Oh, Curator! I'm offering you your first Blind Mew-like opportunities on these forums! Feel free to say That would be Telling if you want to!

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Hmmm...Leave this to Sherlock Bones but address with the code Microft Bones if you please

Explorer
Nov 15, 2018
Lookit Light on Nov 29, 2018 wrote:
This post contains spoilers fron the very end of Emperya Part 2. If you have not finished yet, please do not read!

Ok, so I finished Empyrya Part 2 yesterday (Hooray!), but it raises just an many questions as it does answers. I'll bring them up here.

1: Is the Storm Titan dead? Did you kill him in the final battle? That sounds like something no person could do. But than again, after becoming Bartleby's Scion, I can't view us as completely human anymore...

2: The Scion transformation was, in a word, ASTOUNDING. Where did the idea come from? Will it be called upon again, at any point in the future storyline? Seems unlikely, but you never know.

3: What does Sybil mean by "Nothing"? What power could possibly be a greater threat to the Spiral than the ones who made it in the first place?

4: Are the Paradox Chains restored? Did our Essence remake those as well?

5: What will happen to Mandalla? Will it ever go back to the way it was, since Bat and Mellori fixed the Wheel?

6: Why don't we ever see much of the Council of Light in Emperya, aside from the Lady of the Lake taking you to the Reverie? I loved their return, but there should maybe have been a little bit more of them in the storyline.

7: Why isn't there a Chain of Balance? It's the one school that's left out.

You know, these sound like questions for The Curator. Oh, Curator! I'm offering you your first Blind Mew-like opportunities on these forums! Feel free to say That would be Telling if you want to!
You know, I'm chattering a lot down on the Empyrea forum. But I'm happy to come up here, too.

1: Good question. Killing a Titan outright might not be good for the fabric of reality...

2: Glad you liked it! The idea came along very early. We wanted a real show-stopper, and having the Wizard go toe to toe with a Titan on its scale really felt cool. We wanted to be sure the Wizard had a critical role to play in the ending - for all the Godly soap opera, this is a game about YOU, the Wizard. I'm very happy with how it turned out. As to doing it again, making that transformation took a huge influx of Light and Shadow essence - it would be pretty difficult to engineer that, given the state things are left in. Bat and Mellori gave theirs up to make it happen the first time, and Raven and Spider are now unavailable.

3: That would be telling.

4: We're thinking the Paradox Essence basically set up a new equilibrium in which the Chains aren't needed. Basically, everything's ok.

5: Now that the ring is restored Mandalla will heal. It might take some time for Life and death to balance themselves again, though - the Kalamar will be busy.

6: We had a lot of characters in the mix there at the end - we wanted the Council to be present and to have an important role in the story, but overusing them would jumble the plot and take focus away from Bat and Mellori, which is where we wanted it.

7: That's an interesting question. Some among the learned have theorized that Balance is a 7th magical force that arises from the presence of the other 6, like an overtone in a good unison. I asked Koel why there's no Balance chain, and he said "You know... there just isn't."

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
The Curator on Nov 29, 2018 wrote:
You know, I'm chattering a lot down on the Empyrea forum. But I'm happy to come up here, too.

1: Good question. Killing a Titan outright might not be good for the fabric of reality...

2: Glad you liked it! The idea came along very early. We wanted a real show-stopper, and having the Wizard go toe to toe with a Titan on its scale really felt cool. We wanted to be sure the Wizard had a critical role to play in the ending - for all the Godly soap opera, this is a game about YOU, the Wizard. I'm very happy with how it turned out. As to doing it again, making that transformation took a huge influx of Light and Shadow essence - it would be pretty difficult to engineer that, given the state things are left in. Bat and Mellori gave theirs up to make it happen the first time, and Raven and Spider are now unavailable.

4: We're thinking the Paradox Essence basically set up a new equilibrium in which the Chains aren't needed. Basically, everything's ok.

5: Now that the ring is restored Mandalla will heal. It might take some time for Life and death to balance themselves again, though - the Kalamar will be busy.

6: We had a lot of characters in the mix there at the end - we wanted the Council to be present and to have an important role in the story, but overusing them would jumble the plot and take focus away from Bat and Mellori, which is where we wanted it.

7: That's an interesting question. Some among the learned have theorized that Balance is a 7th magical force that arises from the presence of the other 6, like an overtone in a good unison. I asked Koel why there's no Balance chain, and he said "You know... there just isn't."
Oh, wow. That's quite a lot. It's still a shame we couldn't see more of the Council, but judging from what the Lady of the Lake said, it would be difficult. And wouldn't the fabric of reality already have been unbalanced when Storm became the Aethyr Titan? It basically went from one extreme to the other. For the moment, I'm going to assume he's dead, otherwise he would have taken the Chaos Heart and killed us all no matter what. I can't imagine the Fire and Ice Titans will be happy...

I have one more question, one that could explain how we've been able to do everything we have done, and how we were able to become the Scion. Are we Bartleby's Child?!?!

Survivor
Nov 09, 2018
The Curator on Nov 29, 2018 wrote:

Aliens guys, we're fighting aliens next.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Guavaman16 on Dec 7, 2018 wrote:
Aliens guys, we're fighting aliens next.
No no no no no no no no

NO, I refuse to fight my friends.

To paraphrase an animated shark,

Aliens are FRIENDS not FODDER.

Your friendly neighborhood alien

Steven Ghoststalker