Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor without Shadow magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
So my friend insists on doing all the side quests and now I think she's going to do darkmoor without Shadow magic, is that possible?

Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
pops648 on Nov 24, 2018 wrote:
So my friend insists on doing all the side quests and now I think she's going to do darkmoor without Shadow magic, is that possible?
What do you mean darkmoor without shadow magic? All the bosses use shadow magic

Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
Correction: Not all bosses do, but most bosses use shadow magic

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I see no reason why she can't. The spell she learns probably won't be much use though.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think the only way to avoid shadow magic is to stop questing before completition of Eclipse Tower. Sides and gauntlets etc could get her to level 100 to face Darkmoor without shadow but she won't be able to complete Khrysalis or go to Polaris, Mirage, Arcanum, Empyrea...or beyond...

Once Eclipse Tower is complete and the wizard is level 92 or above we get shadow magic.

What are her reasons for avoiding shadow magic? I think we might need to persuade her not to give up on saving the Spiral!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
In all technicality, you could do Darkmoor without Shadow Magic, if you each level 100 before you learn it. However, it is NOT advised to do it without, especially since you couldn't use the Shadow-enhanced spells. You go tell your friend that. Tell her Darkmoor is... unpleasant without it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So, here's how I did it. When my questing buddy and I got to 100, and unlocked shadow pips, we immediately stopped regular questing and did DM. Questing in Khrysalis is made a TON easier with the help of Shadow Enhanced spells. It's no different than stopping at L56 to equip the Wintertusk crafted gear, or stop at L60 to farm Waterworks.

You HAVE to do Darkmoor at least once without shadow enhanced spells, in order to get the shadow enhanced spells. The Shadow spells you learn in Khrysalis are not NEEDED. My QB and I NEVER use them...... EVER. We've only trained the free ones and they sit there idle in our repository of "useless" spells. I say "useless" because WE don't use them, so for *us*, they ARE useless.

Hope this helps