Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Fire Deck Setup Level 125 ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
I've been trying to make my decks faster by shrinking them but I can't seem to get a setup that flows right. I always either end up with a hand full of heals or enchants for my boss deck or my blades won't show up in my mob deck. any good ideas would be appreciated.

Here's some info on how I play. I'm a level 126 fire still in Mirage but almost finished with it. I'm currently still wearing Malistaire's Ire gear mostly and have almost every fire spell except the Loremaster spells (which never seem to drop for me) and Combustion (which I never can find) and I just received Scorching Scimitars. I prefer to one shot mobs and two shot bosses if possible. I don't do PVP so PVE ideas only please. if you need more info just ask and I'll be happy to tell you more about how I play. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
Firstly, figure out your damage with each spell, dragon, meteor and bull are your main questing spells.
By that I mean go to some easy minion and learn how much damage you do with 1 blade with each spell.
From that it gives you a sense of how many blades you need based on the hp of the mob.

For bosses you need the same knowledge, with full mali gear 3 blades and 2 feints will kill almost any 20k hp boss with a bull (this will vary based on your gear and critical, in general though if you have roughly 100 damage this should be enough)

Now on the deck side of things:
Personally for mobs I would use 1 Bull, 1 Fire dragon, 2 Meteor, 3 Epic as hits.
This gives you 1 shadow hit (100% will kill the boss with a blade) a fire dragon in case you do not get the shadow pip or if shields are a problem and 2 Meteors which act as a secondary hit to secure if they somehow live and a second one just in case (so you do not get stuck in a battle with no hits left)

For buffs I would use: 1 pet blade(if you have) and 1 amulet blade(if using) OR 2 normal blades and 1 sharpen blade if you do not have the item card blades AND 1 Furnace
Amulet blades are better than regular always use it if you have it
Furnace is for when you plan to hit with 2 hits EG fire drag into meteor. it gives 25% to each hit so is basically a 50% blade (more if you are hitting around a shield) and when facing pesky myth or storms that remove blades

For TC i take 2 fire blades, 1 pierce(pesky shields) and 1 cleanse charm(pesky weakness mainly Efreets)
The blades are in the unlikely event you do not draw a blade or furnace you WILL have at least 2 enchants and 3 hits so you can enchant your hits, draw a fire blade(50% chance to get it) and play that, then(based on the number of cards and hits) you will 100% draw another buff if you need it

FULL Mob deck: 1 Bull, 1 Fire dragon, 2 Meteor, 3 Epics, 2 different blades (avoid sharpen if you can), 1 furnace
TC: 2 fireblades, 1 pierce, 1 cleanse

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
Now for the Boss deck, keep the base set up of the Mob deck

For hits take: 1 Bull, 1 Scimitar, 1 Fire drag, 2 meteor and 4 Epic Enchants
Aim to hit with Bull to deal decent damage and kill the mob but often the mob needs to die fast so don't be afraid to dragon if you know you can kill it
Scimitar is just nice 4 pips let you hit sooner and lets you follow up with a meteor if its doesn't kill
Keep in mind not to enchant both meteors (unless you plan to use them) if you draw them and don't be afraid to discard one if its in the way
EG: blade and hit with bull, kills mob and does 30-40% boss hp, now blade twice, feint once, furnace and then scimitar, if it doesn't kill follow up with meteor and again if still doesn't die (furnace will be there for all 3 hits so it is basically a 75% blade)

For buffs: 1 item card blade, 1 pet blade, 2 normal blades, 1 sharpen blade,1 furnace, 2 feint and 1 potent trap
This set up gives you enough blades to buff multiple hits, learning how much damage each blade gives can allow you to use weaker blades to kill the mob, always try to if possible (5% or 10% make a difference)
Some bosses hit pretty hard so don't be afraid to put in a few shields or stun blocks if they are becoming a pain

for TC: 2 blades, 1 pierce, 1 cleanse, 1 cleanse OR pierce(if boss/mob is fire or death take cleanse, if the boss is ice, or just likes shields take pierce (or shatter if they have a cheat)) and one feint

Blades are for if you get unlucky, feint is just if needed never hurt to have

Full Boss deck: 1 Bull, 1 Scimitar, 1 Fire drag, 2 Meteor, 4 Epic, petblade, item card blade, 2 normal blades, 1 sharpen, 1 Furnace, 2 Feint, 1 Potent trap
TC: 2 blades, 1 pierce, 1 cleanse, 1 cleanse OR pierce based on enemy(or shatter) and 1 feint

The trick with boss decks is not being afraid to discard if something is a pain like a loose potent trap or sharpen blade. Know what you need.

Any way i hope this helps, lot of text but understanding is the key