Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need confirmation from Sparck :)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
Hi all. So as you know, you cannot transfer desktop w101 progress to steam due to technical reasons. If you look at the Steam discussion forums for Wizard101, there is a thread that shows you how you can copy the desktop version folder of Wizard101 and replace it in the steamapps Wizard101 folder. This allows you to continue your progress even if you launch from Steam.

I want to make sure this is allowed, no information is being sold, or anything that may break the terms. It's just moving the folder to a different space.

I would like confirmation before I do it, because I would like to see my hours in game and Steam does that.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
I really don't want to get banned for moving files.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
DeathDefyinDemon on Nov 9, 2018 wrote:
I really don't want to get banned for moving files.
I'm guessing, since you've not had a response, that the answer is unknown (at least to anyone who could reassure you here). I'd ask Support directly from my account, that way at least if there is any confusion later you can show the actual messages from KI. I expect because you're only moving files that it would be okay to do and the risk is probably that it might not work...but I don't know the systems well enough to know if there could be a reason it's not allowed. If I was going to try it I'd ask support and see what they say.

Sorry I can't give you an actual answer but I hope this helps! Good luck, and please let us know how you get on just in case others reading this thread want to do similar!

Administrator
Hi! Yes, this is technically allowed, however, please be aware that any updates that occur to Wizard101 will reset this link. Every time we patch you will have to repeat the process.