Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem listing in castle tours

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,
I just spent a lot of time obtaining the 6 dwellings from mirage. These dwellings are considered "faction dwellings" with respect to the story line. In order to get them you have to first earn a badge. It took a lot of time and patience to earn the badges and buy the dwellings. I had to defeat 700 various mobs.
The Dwellings are as follows,.
DROMEL DWELLING
HOUSE CALICO APT.
HOUSE TABBING APT.
HOUSE SAYAMEEZ APT.
SERPENTINE EMPIRE DEN.
HOODS HIDEOUT.
I also spent hours decorating them, with hopes to finally list them in the tours.NOW I CAN'T??!
I know when we list castles, we need a minimum of 50 items.this is covered.

SO Kingisle, why can't I list any of the faction dwellings that I spent so much time obtaining? I did not see any notification when I purchased them indicating that they could not be listed. Thus would have saved me many hours of work. So please KI, What is the problem?

Mark ShadowLeaf L 119

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
stormkraker on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
Hello,
I just spent a lot of time obtaining the 6 dwellings from mirage. These dwellings are considered "faction dwellings" with respect to the story line. In order to get them you have to first earn a badge. It took a lot of time and patience to earn the badges and buy the dwellings. I had to defeat 700 various mobs.
DROMEL DWELLING
HOUSE CALICO APT.
HOUSE TABBING APT.
HOUSE SAYAMEEZ APT.
SERPENTINE EMPIRE DEN.
HOODS HIDEOUT.
I also spent hours decorating them, with hopes to finally list them in the tours.NOW I CAN'T??!

SO Kingisle, why can't I list any of the faction dwellings that I spent so much time obtaining? I did not see any notification when I purchased them indicating that they could not be listed. Thus would have saved me many hours of work. So please KI, What is the problem?

Mark ShadowLeaf L 119
These are treated the same as dorm rooms, which also can not be listed in Castle Tours. What you CAN do is list another house with teleports to visit them though. I know it's not ideal and I've seen some stunning dorms etc that would be lovely to visit...but at least you'd have a way to share your beautiful work with your friends or people visiting tours.

Perhaps KI would consider a separate category in Housing Tours for Dorms/Dwellings?

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Thank you for your reply.

Well if that's the case then Kingsisle should put a notation on all 6 of the mirage dwellings. These dwellings each take a lot if work to get. 5 of them requires defeating 200 mobs each, with 1 requiring 100 mobs. This is very time consuming. Where is this listed anywhere in the game before somebody waste all that time acquiring these dwellings in hopes to list them in the castle tours just like I did. If you can tell me where it's listed then I would understand. otherwise I think kingsisle should put a notation on each dwelling stating
"THIS DWELLING CAN NOT BE LISTED IN THE CASTLE TOURS" it would save a lot of time and effort. Frankly I don't understand why they can't be listed it is an achievement to get each of these castles and we should be able to show them off somehow. hence' the castle tours! I appreciate your suggestion about listing another castle with a Teleport but it's just not the same. If I listed another castle with a Teleport I would have to make sure that castle looks perfect for the tours to begin with as an eye catch it so they wouldn't leave right away. And I feel like it's defeating the purpose of listing 6 welling's decorated themselves. Well I'm very disappointed that kingsisle would not let us list the dwellings I have them all connected but nobody's ever going to see them.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
stormkraker on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
Hello,
DROMEL DWELLING
HOUSE CALICO APT.
HOUSE TABBING APT.
HOUSE SAYAMEEZ APT.
SERPENTINE EMPIRE DEN.
HOODS HIDEOUT.

Mark ShadowLeaf L 119
Correction I had to defeat 1100 various mobs

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
stormkraker on Oct 30, 2018 wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

Well if that's the case then Kingsisle should put a notation on all 6 of the mirage dwellings. These dwellings each take a lot if work to get. 5 of them requires defeating 200 mobs each, with 1 requiring 100 mobs. This is very time consuming. Where is this listed anywhere in the game before somebody waste all that time acquiring these dwellings in hopes to list them in the castle tours just like I did. If you can tell me where it's listed then I would understand. otherwise I think kingsisle should put a notation on each dwelling stating
"THIS DWELLING CAN NOT BE LISTED IN THE CASTLE TOURS" it would save a lot of time and effort. Frankly I don't understand why they can't be listed it is an achievement to get each of these castles and we should be able to show them off somehow. hence' the castle tours! I appreciate your suggestion about listing another castle with a Teleport but it's just not the same. If I listed another castle with a Teleport I would have to make sure that castle looks perfect for the tours to begin with as an eye catch it so they wouldn't leave right away. And I feel like it's defeating the purpose of listing 6 welling's decorated themselves. Well I'm very disappointed that kingsisle would not let us list the dwellings I have them all connected but nobody's ever going to see them.
I agree completely! There is a lot of room in these dwellings and you can easily exceed the 50 required items allowed when decorating one of them. It would be nice if KI would allow the dwellings or the Arcanum apartment on the castle tours with their own category, perhaps.
As I see it, these dorms/dwellings aren't allowed because they don't have an outdoor space. ( remember that there is a 50 item requirement for the outdoor space of a castle as well. )

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on Oct 31, 2018 wrote:
I agree completely! There is a lot of room in these dwellings and you can easily exceed the 50 required items allowed when decorating one of them. It would be nice if KI would allow the dwellings or the Arcanum apartment on the castle tours with their own category, perhaps.
As I see it, these dorms/dwellings aren't allowed because they don't have an outdoor space. ( remember that there is a 50 item requirement for the outdoor space of a castle as well. )
Oh of course, that makes sense - the outdoor space thing! Yeah, they just need their own separate category! I understood not allowing dorms since they are given as soon as we start the game and were the only space unable to be listed, but with the introduction of the Arcanum Apartments and the Dwellings it would be really good to introduce a new category in Housing Tours.

I guess part of the reasoning behind it being unable to be listed in Castle Tours is perhaps because they are not located in Wizard City? On exiting them we land up wherever our dwelling is situated, rather than Ravenwood. I don't think this should be taken too literally though and a section in Castle Tours would be really nice. I mean, we have magic so teleporting us to a house in another world shouldn't be too hard?

Perhaps it has something in the coding that would mean people who haven't bought that area can't go there? IDK, but the KI team have real life magic as far as problem solving is concerned...I'm sure they'd be able to solve any issue inhibiting sharing dwellings via tours

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 1, 2018 wrote:
Oh of course, that makes sense - the outdoor space thing! Yeah, they just need their own separate category! I understood not allowing dorms since they are given as soon as we start the game and were the only space unable to be listed, but with the introduction of the Arcanum Apartments and the Dwellings it would be really good to introduce a new category in Housing Tours.

I guess part of the reasoning behind it being unable to be listed in Castle Tours is perhaps because they are not located in Wizard City? On exiting them we land up wherever our dwelling is situated, rather than Ravenwood. I don't think this should be taken too literally though and a section in Castle Tours would be really nice. I mean, we have magic so teleporting us to a house in another world shouldn't be too hard?

Perhaps it has something in the coding that would mean people who haven't bought that area can't go there? IDK, but the KI team have real life magic as far as problem solving is concerned...I'm sure they'd be able to solve any issue inhibiting sharing dwellings via tours
But are our castles actually located in Wizard City? There are world castles as well. Krokotopia, MooShu Dragonspyre... not to mention class castles.
Each castle has a world gate, but not the dorms, apartment or dwelling, just a door that leads to that area of world it's in. I don't think it would be difficult just to "transport" non-member wizards to their last commons area - in the case of a Castle Tour that would be Wizard City commons.
Members, of course, would be able to exit into the area where the Dwelling or apartment was located. Members can go anywhere.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on Nov 1, 2018 wrote:
But are our castles actually located in Wizard City? There are world castles as well. Krokotopia, MooShu Dragonspyre... not to mention class castles.
Each castle has a world gate, but not the dorms, apartment or dwelling, just a door that leads to that area of world it's in. I don't think it would be difficult just to "transport" non-member wizards to their last commons area - in the case of a Castle Tour that would be Wizard City commons.
Members, of course, would be able to exit into the area where the Dwelling or apartment was located. Members can go anywhere.
I'm not sure where our castles are since they only have a world gate...in our backpacks?

I just know the dorm, apartment and dwellings are connected to locations so maybe the coding would inhibit those without membership to enter...maybe not though? If it does then I'm sure it could be tweeked.

I'd like there to be a section for these types of housing now there are quite a few different ones. I wonder if the decision to exclude dorms from tours was perhaps before the bric-a-brac elixir too? I'm not sure of the order of things back then because I hadn't found the game yet!