Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

idea dealing with member benifits

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
what if members were able to purchase 3 day vouchers for member benefits like you do on weekends. where the cost in U.S.D is up to Kings Isle but members are able to purchase a 3 day member benefits like say Monday through Wednesday and have like say unlimited fishing for those 3 days, but the members benefits can only be purchased 1 time every week?

Survivor
Apr 26, 2015
So... Make the members that already paid, Pay more? You are aware that the Member Benefit thing is a reward for those who purchased membership. I don't see the point on being forced to pay for something that we already get if we pay for membership.

I personally do not see any point on doing this seeing as we already get it weekly for free. And also the Member Benefits happen weekly, So being able to buy the vouchers once a week is absolutely pointless.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
James Ravensword on Oct 20, 2018 wrote:
So... Make the members that already paid, Pay more? You are aware that the Member Benefit thing is a reward for those who purchased membership. I don't see the point on being forced to pay for something that we already get if we pay for membership.

I personally do not see any point on doing this seeing as we already get it weekly for free. And also the Member Benefits happen weekly, So being able to buy the vouchers once a week is absolutely pointless.
I think PUY0545 was asking about the option for members to pay to have a member benefit at times that suit them better. There are members who are not able to play over the weekend who might like that option and be happy to pay to have it when they do have time to utilise it.

It's been suggested before that the member benefits (that we get free with membership at randomly selected times) could be introduced to the crown shop as elixirs. EG. Double Pet XP for one hour etc. This would allow for those who do not have membership to buy it and for members who missed something to be able to buy it if they want to. It could perhaps be utilised during a member benefit like the triple animus elixir that works even when we have the double animus member benefit.

I think it is a good idea even if it could be too over-powered to add. KI has the data to work out whether this would increase revenue, decrease revenue or leave revenue pretty much unaffected. Decreasing revenue is obviously a no-go, having no affect on revenue doesn't make the work to implement it worth while. It would only be worth it if it increases revenue.

I am not sure it would increase revenue and suspect it could decrease it because there are a lot of crowns players who have switched to membership because of the benefits. If we can pop an elixir whenever we want to double our seeds, train our pets or go fishing etc there is little reason to keep paying for membership if we've already bought all/most of the game for crowns. However, it could work well if the balance were done right, like the triple animus elixir, but it's something that could only be worked out properly by someone with the relevant data in front of them...eg not me lol