Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Ione's Focused Sword

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I am truly unsettled by the fact that farming items for this sword is almost impossible as I am terrible with silver chests and have never ever once won contents of silver chest ever. Makes me feel less than adequate #1. So scratch off shocked keys for me, everything esle will wait until I am in Empyrea. I am a paying wizard and also purchased crowns so why why wizard 101 do you not make this a little easier for us. Not always do I want to sit in front of computer trying to obtain things I need for crafting which can take months. Those silver chests are way to difficult for average wizards, well for me any way and I am sure I am not the only one with this issue. I will be evaluating my membership when it is up.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
abbey501 on Aug 5, 2018 wrote:
I am truly unsettled by the fact that farming items for this sword is almost impossible as I am terrible with silver chests and have never ever once won contents of silver chest ever. Makes me feel less than adequate #1. So scratch off shocked keys for me, everything esle will wait until I am in Empyrea. I am a paying wizard and also purchased crowns so why why wizard 101 do you not make this a little easier for us. Not always do I want to sit in front of computer trying to obtain things I need for crafting which can take months. Those silver chests are way to difficult for average wizards, well for me any way and I am sure I am not the only one with this issue. I will be evaluating my membership when it is up.
I can sell you shocked keys, I have plenty from my key limes.

If you want to buy them from the bazaar let me know your wizard name and availability this week (include time zone) and I will say a few times I can meet you in the bazaar, dworgyn realm. I'll be there each of the times I say when we should both be available, just turn up to the first one you see.

Alternatively if you want to gather the reagent yourself you could plant any key limes you have and get your shocked keys from the harvests...they drop a lot and it won't take you long

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
abbey501 on Aug 5, 2018 wrote:
I understand your sentitment when it comes to having to do "hardcore" gamer type stuff especially "grinding". Anyway, if you are unable to meet up with Victoria you can do as she is doing and get shocked keys from Key Limes.
As far as the minigame of shocked locks what I personally have found as the easiest method is to spam and click open every single tile as quick as I can see what pieces are available. Then you can basically just pick out all the straight ones and maybe like one or two turns to get it where you need. That way you aren't having to scramble to search and connect pieces at the same time. I don't know if that will work in your situation, but I thought I would share just in case.

Good luck Abbey501!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
exp613 on Aug 6, 2018 wrote:
I understand your sentitment when it comes to having to do "hardcore" gamer type stuff especially "grinding". Anyway, if you are unable to meet up with Victoria you can do as she is doing and get shocked keys from Key Limes.
As far as the minigame of shocked locks what I personally have found as the easiest method is to spam and click open every single tile as quick as I can see what pieces are available. Then you can basically just pick out all the straight ones and maybe like one or two turns to get it where you need. That way you aren't having to scramble to search and connect pieces at the same time. I don't know if that will work in your situation, but I thought I would share just in case.

Good luck Abbey501!
Yeah with the shock-a-lock I turn off the music because it makes me feel panicky! I click the route from the left to the right, look at what curves I will need and find them in the other tiles, then do straight pieces. The steam can go quite a long way so having the squiggly ones instead of a skinny fast one will still work so I don't gt fussy, only changing them out if there is spare time.

Catch a key I focus on the top of the screen where the keys are coming into view. Notice that the order you need isn't always 1,2,3,4,5 and catching the clocks is often helpful.

Keep trying them Abbey even though you're finding them hard because once you find your rhythm with them they become very simple. Turning off sound for shock-a-lock made a huge difference when I was first trying them!

Good luck and let me know if you want to meet to buy shocked keys

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Agree with Exp613 on the tactic for Shock-a-lock. I open all the boxes first, then start assembling the puzzle. Be sure to start on the left side and work your way across to the right. Usually that gives enough time to make the connection. Playing the catch-a-key game was really hard for me as well, but with persistence I've gotten good enough to win them about 2/3 of the time.

If you really hate doing silver chests, know that shocked keys drop from the Key Lime plant. You can get these plants by growing any Red Huckleberries you happen to find; or by fighting some fairly easy mobs in Zafaria.

Iklaw Warriors, Impi Raiders, Greyhorn Mercenaries & Jackal Bandits (all are in Zamunda) are known to drop Key Lime plants.

If you're willing and able to spend crowns, you can buy Key Limes directly from the crown shop. (Just buy one - they proliferate quickly!)

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven