Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dangonspyre hard/Storm sucks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2016
So when i first started playing in 2009 there were only 5 worlds and each one seemed to be pretty populated no matter what server you were on. But now since they have added so many worlds it seems jolly cooperation is a lot less common from Marylebone to whatever is close to the end.

So am I the only one who thinks Dragonspyre is maybe too hard to solo or are storm wizards just not as good as i remember? and are they maybe just not as many people playing as there used to be.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, dissecting what you said.

You're indeed correct about a couple things:

The earlier worlds are a lot less populated than they used to be back in the day. This is because of several reasons and now, because of this, one must adjust and get used to soloing most instances throughout the game.

Also, bear in mind that a lot has changed since back then. We now have a Level 50 Elixir for example, which quite a few persons (including myself) and made full use of. - The elixir allows you to immediately ascend to the level of 50 while skipping all main quest up to Celestia.
Saves a lot of time and headaches if you will.

You also mentioned if things are a lot more difficult for young, upcoming Diviners; honestly, this will be a question based on one's experience with the game.

Many persons find to be difficult to use but you also have many who don't. In your case, with most worlds looking like "Ghost Towns," you'll have to adopt and conjure new strategies to fend off enemies on your own as a Diviner.

Here are a few tips you can possibly try:

Use Treasure Cards -Use TC's, especially ones boosting accuracy to your regular storm spells (accurate, sniper etc.) It greatly helps with the fizzle rate.
You can also at times opt to use damage enchanting cards such as Tough, Giant, Monstrous etc.
TC Feints also help along with blades when dealing with bosses.

Gear - Gear from Mount Olympus (See Cyrus Drake to initiate the quest to gain access there) greatly helps! Try running the dungeon a couple times (use team up). That gear can possibly take you all the way to level 55 if you're careful.

Pet - A solid pet is excellent. I'd recommend in your case a pet that can heal and provide resistances to assist with your longevity.

Persons are still around in the earlier worlds. Try questing within the crowded realms, you may very well find someone running the same quest or at least one below/above you.

Good Luck!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Dragonspyre can be obnoxious with those long gauntlets and all the "Weakness" spell spamming. For Storms, with low health and low accuracy, it can be particularly challenging. When Wizard101 was new, Dragonspyre was the end of the line so they made it challenging.

My advice is to get the best gear you possibly can and be sure to get your accuracy as close to 100% as you can manage. Fizzling is what gets a Storm killed. You might also try getting a pet that helps you with defenses, damage or healing. Even a little bit of resist or accuracy boost can help.

When questing, stay in popular realms (Ambrose, Bernie, Blossom, etc) and, when you need help, click on the "team-up" option at sigils. You may have to wait a while, but other wizards who want to fight that boss might join you.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 124
Sierra Stormcaller, 103

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
To the OP, I was a storm first, and I never had issues till, Avalon, I believe, and I soloed most of the game till that point. I purposely looked for armor with better healing power, higher health at the sacrifice of added power. To me if I could survive, I was happy, A secondary Life school saved me many times.