Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Faster combat animations and pet experience

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
The combat animations are great. However after seeing the same one 5000 times it would be awesome if users could choose a faster combat option. When in combat their animations only take a fraction of the normal animations duration. If other users don’t choose this option then they should get the full effect for their casts.

Leveling pets is a major burden for me. I don’t want to play games that I’ve played a hundred times to feed my pet. Id like to see pets earn some experience while fighting with us in the world.

Useless casts: if the fights over the fights over cut off casts such as blades after the enemy has already been defeated.

This game could really use some options such as these to break down monotony.

Love the game overall and first started playing in 2011.

Thanks!

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
MorgrimW on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
The combat animations are great. However after seeing the same one 5000 times it would be awesome if users could choose a faster combat option. When in combat their animations only take a fraction of the normal animations duration. If other users don’t choose this option then they should get the full effect for their casts.

Leveling pets is a major burden for me. I don’t want to play games that I’ve played a hundred times to feed my pet. Id like to see pets earn some experience while fighting with us in the world.

Useless casts: if the fights over the fights over cut off casts such as blades after the enemy has already been defeated.

This game could really use some options such as these to break down monotony.

Love the game overall and first started playing in 2011.

Thanks!
I like the idea of pets passively gaining exp when they are used while you fight enemies. It would make things a bit faster when it comes to pet training.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Many share, and agree with your sentiments:
Faster Combat Animation and Pet Experience is a great idea.

Spell animations are awesome. As is having fantastic pets.

However, after doing the same fight repeatedly 2, 3, or thousands of times; the same animation doesn't hold the same appeal and luster.

And after training thousands of pets, being able to have higher level pets faster is appreciated and welcomed too.

Simple Work-Around Solutions to Spell Animation
1) Allow players to turn spell animation on and off, in their maintenance screens.
2) Non-animation battles
3) Optional Animation

Simple Work-Around Solutions to Earning Faster Pet Experience
1) Allow payers to feed snacks to pets whenever they want.
- Players can already feed most items from their backpack to their pets. When you do, a pet may gain some experience points, or the player may be rewarded with treasure cards, gold, or both.
- So why not feed pet snacks without having to train them first.
2) Auto Feed Pets
- Pets are automatically fed backpack items (i.e., music scrolls, seeds, furniture, etc...)
- Players Select/Deselect Backpack Inventory Area/Category/Section.

Once selected, pets are auto fed unlocked existing and newer items appearing in your backpack.
- Locked items cannot be auto fed eating them.
- Players Deselect the Area/Category/Section to stop auto feeding pets.

Example:
A player doesn't want or need to collect music scrolls.
So, they Select the Music Scroll Section of their Inventory, and all unlocked current and future music scrolls in their inventory, are automatically fed to their pets. And the same thing can be done in any other area of their backpack too.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
Definitely like both of these ideas! Pirate101 has both of those features and why can’t Wizard101?

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Brian GoldenShade on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
Definitely like both of these ideas! Pirate101 has both of those features and why can’t Wizard101?
I'm gonna be VERY clear about this. Fast Combat is a great idea that was introduced in Pirate101 to speed up battle animations and get you through battles quicker. However, I like questing solo and listening to the dialogue being read out as I quest. With that being said, I don't like Fast Combat if I'm questing and while I do have all classes max on Pirate101, I never used Fast Combat once when questing. The only times where I think Fast Combat is a viable option is if you're farming because, like the original poster said, it gets very boring watching the same spell animation ten thousand times. Again, with that being said, in Pirate101, I got bullied and put down a lot for my refusal to turn on Fast Combat. Players don't get that Fast Combat is an in game option and I choose to have it off. No player has any right to tell me to turn mine on if I don't want to. I like the idea of Fast Combat being implemented in Wizard101 to speed up combat, but I hate the idea at the same time because I know I'm going to get bullied for never turning it on.

Fast Combat Pros:

1. Speeds up combat
2. Allows you to farm faster
3. Makes game less boring to watch

Fast Combat CONS:
1. People will bully you if you don't have it on 24/7
2. Not everyone likes it
3. Players shouldn't be pressured to have it on 24/7
4. Causes major lag on older computers. I had really bad lag in Pirate101 with it on.
5. Wizard is more complex than Pirate and requires more strategy. With faster combat animations, it's harder to keep up with what just happened. Plus, Pirate101 had very few cheating bosses compared to Wizard101.

I will say for the most part, I hope they do not introduce Fast Combat in Wizard101 because then I'll be pressured to have it on all the time and if I don't have it on, people won't be friends with me. A considerable amount of players in Pirate101 cursed me out and reported me for having slow combat on.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 45 Diviner at your service!)

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
crimsonreaper5 on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
I'm gonna be VERY clear about this. Fast Combat is a great idea that was introduced in Pirate101 to speed up battle animations and get you through battles quicker. However, I like questing solo and listening to the dialogue being read out as I quest. With that being said, I don't like Fast Combat if I'm questing and while I do have all classes max on Pirate101, I never used Fast Combat once when questing. The only times where I think Fast Combat is a viable option is if you're farming because, like the original poster said, it gets very boring watching the same spell animation ten thousand times. Again, with that being said, in Pirate101, I got bullied and put down a lot for my refusal to turn on Fast Combat. Players don't get that Fast Combat is an in game option and I choose to have it off. No player has any right to tell me to turn mine on if I don't want to. I like the idea of Fast Combat being implemented in Wizard101 to speed up combat, but I hate the idea at the same time because I know I'm going to get bullied for never turning it on.

Fast Combat Pros:

1. Speeds up combat

Fast Combat CONS:
2. Not everyone likes it
4. Causes major lag on older computers. I had really bad lag in Pirate101 with it on.
5. Wizard is more complex than Pirate and requires more strategy. With faster combat animations, it's harder to keep up with what just happened. Plus, Pirate101 had very few cheating bosses compared to Wizard101.

I will say for the most part, I hope they do not introduce Fast Combat in Wizard101 because then I'll be pressured to have it on all the time and if I don't have it on, people won't be friends with me. A considerable amount of players in Pirate101 cursed me out and reported me for having slow combat on.

Sincerely,
Your post is very interesting. First, shame on anyone for bullying you, or cursing and reporting your slow combat.
Thankfully, the game allows you to ignore any player. And 100% of players in P101 shall not curse or report you for having slow combat on. Do you have open chat? If so, type a disclaimer upfront, and let everyone around you know what constraints you play under. Will every person adjust to your gameplay; no. But they don't have too, and neither do you have to adjust to theirs. I regularly team and help players who struggle on their quests, and sometimes battles and quests go on far longer than usual. But they let me know upfront they needed help, and I stayed with them until their battle, dungeon or quest finished. Guess what? There are lots of players who do this too. If you're finding one realm isn't so friendly; switch to a new realm to join more receptive teams there. Here's to you being able to play W101 and P101 without any constraints or limitations, and meet and team with like-minded folks who love to all play at a more manageable game speed.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
crimsonreaper5 on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:

Fast Combat Pros:

1. Speeds up combat

Fast Combat CONS:
2. Not everyone likes it

Sincerely,
This was my one concern. That people would be peer pressured into activating this option. There is always a flip side to things such as these. Even though you cant let a few bad apples ruin the entire harvest. I know that this would qualify as a form of harassment and the wizard101 staff would be there to regulate.

It comes down to the player, if you want shorter animations, for farming etc, that option would be great. Others must respect the individual choice of others. If they harass those that choose to enjoy the full animation then they should be punished for that harassment and the message will get out quickly. Truly though, they should be happy with the fact that they or a couple others in a group chose the shorter animations and be content with that.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
MorgrimW on Jul 19, 2018 wrote:
This was my one concern. That people would be peer pressured into activating this option. There is always a flip side to things such as these. Even though you cant let a few bad apples ruin the entire harvest. I know that this would qualify as a form of harassment and the wizard101 staff would be there to regulate.

It comes down to the player, if you want shorter animations, for farming etc, that option would be great. Others must respect the individual choice of others. If they harass those that choose to enjoy the full animation then they should be punished for that harassment and the message will get out quickly. Truly though, they should be happy with the fact that they or a couple others in a group chose the shorter animations and be content with that.
I like your idea of faster combat animation. And due to human nature, some will attempt to abuse or exploit this. There already are locations in the game like this. The Tartarus Dungeon is a perfect example. Who hasn't entered this location, only to discover, one or more on the team only joined to battle the hidden Boss, Cronus (Tartarus). These folks either head straight to his door, or abandon the team fleeing in search of folks in another dungeon who way want to battle Cronus too. Their behavior doesn't stop me from helping individuals and teams successfully complete the entire dungeon. I'll approach faster combat animation the same way when it appears in the game. I'll use the opportunity to help those wanting to join teams and experience full game animation.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
I just had a great idea, what if after we got a badge for defeating a certain number of an enemy (bosses could be less) it lets us use this function. This would work similar to the mirage faction shops.
This would prevent the bullying side of things as noone just questing can possibly have this while still letting those wanting to farm over and over have a way to make it faster, thus rewarding their hard work.
Another option that would make Monstrology more inciting would be once you kill a certain number of a type of enemy (using the monstrology enchant) you can now use a speed up for battling that type of enemy.
If there are multiple types of enemies in a battle and you don't have the monstrology thing for all of them you cannot activate it