Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why did you starting playing Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
My friend started playing it and later he quit but it didn’t stop me from playing. 6 years later I enjoy logging in every time. What about you guys?

Explorer
Apr 29, 2012
For me I started playing when my cousin introduced me to it. And I immediately was like this is for me!! I’ve been playing for 6 years and i still get the same amount of excitement every time I play!! My cousin has quit as well. But I will forever play. It’s just something where I can escape too.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
2008 I started, before mounts and pets were just companions and basic. There was not even Dragonspire then.
I left for 3 years, but I now realized I missed 3 worlds!

I am back!

Fluxx

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I've always thought that Wizards are cool. Even before Harry Potter came out and ultimately gained popularity- I was inspired by Wizards. I fondly recall Disney's The Sword in the Stone and seeing Merlin and thinking that is awesome! I saw a commercial for Wizard101 and created an account! I played clear to level 13 almost to level 14 before getting a membership (as an Ice Wizard). I then got a membership card and have loved it ever since. I love the Wizard theme, and also that this is a family friendly game and not a first person shooter. Wizard101 is probably my favorite game of all time. Even if I play other games and enjoy them- the lore, the story, the characters, the theme, the company and community have all made it extra magical. I was among the first (not the first by any means haha) to join Wizard101 and I'll be among the last to leave! Thank you KingsIsle for making such a fun and friendly game!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Back in 09 my children pleaded with me to start a Wizard's account as they had seen the commercials on TV.

Being good parents my wife and I checked the game out before we allowed the kids online.

After exploring the game for a bit, my wife and I decided that not only would let the kids play but that we would get a family account and allow one wizard per family member. Commence time sharing on Daddy's computer to play wizards.

Here I am still playing. My wife sadly passed in 2010. However each my kids now has an account of their own and we go questing together (though Daddy is the one who spends the most time on Wizards). My eldest, who begged and pleaded the loudest, has now promised me that as soon as my (soon to arrive) grandchild is old enough to operate a mouse she will teach him/her to go questing with Grampa.

Cannot wait. Looking forward to W101's 15th anniversary.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jun 12, 2018
I started playing when I saw a commercial about Wizard101.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I started playing in around 2010, and I honestly forgot if I was the one who saw an ad and dragged my friend into it, or vise versa.
As I've now been playing for 8 or so years, (according to my account summary I created it May 2010) Wizard101 always has a special place in my heart. Generally, my family doesn't believe in investing in e-currency, but after a lot of begging and pleading I have been granted just enough crowns to unlock Mooshu. (I did a LOT of grinding out of boredom in these eight years.) I've never had membership, which explains why I'm only level 40 after 8 years of consistent gameplay, (my parents believed it is more profitable in the long run), but I'm nearing 18 years old and will be allowed to invest in this magical game as I myself see fit.
My boyfriend doesn't understand my obsession with the game, as he sees the graphics and views them as childish, but I guess Wizard is just my special tie to the magic I'd found in the world as a child

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I always was fascinated with Dungeons & Dragons type Movies, shows, games and Magicians and their magic tricks. When I heard about Wizard101 dealing with magic and similar to ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, I tried it out and I love it. Now I play wizard101 everyday.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Well first of all, I would like to say that my fondness for a game has never lasted this long before, so KingsIsle must be doing a great job.

Why did I start playing Wizard101 you ask? Whelp...in my case, rather than 'why', it's more of a 'how'. I accidentally clicked an advertisement one day and out a new tab came showcasing a game I've never seen before.
...I've become what you would call a "wizhead" since then. Fast forward a decade, this "wizhead" will most likely be one of those "wizmoms" you hear of lol.