Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change level of bundle gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
When I first got my bundle (prehistoric) i when about level 20 so I got the level 20 gear. But now I'm level 49 and my gear is useless. So I thought adding someone to change your level of bundle gear for a price of crowns can be added to the game to make people happier with their purchase. I hope you all consider making this a reality so people can have gear that is useful to players like me .

Lauren golden flame
Level 49

Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
Not to be rude but I understand if you use bundle gear but I feel like it should only be used if you have like almost nothing or for certain fights. In the future you can get better gear from farming certain dungeons so I would recommmed just to farm dungeons such as waterworks and such.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
While it COULD be a neat idea, that would take away from KI's ability to profit off of it. At almost L50, you should have farmed for the L30 Aquila drops. They will hold you till L56-60 where your gear gets a LOT better. At 56 you can craft the Wintertusk stuff, at L60, you can farm for Waterworks or House of scales/zigzag gear, and at level 70 can farm more Aquila gear. There are a LOT of options available to you. I can tell you that WW gear will last you up till L100, and if you look carefully through all the various guides, you could probably come up with a slick combination of gear depending on your style of play. Good luck

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
If you love the appearance of the gear you can stitch it (for a few crowns) so it has the stats of level appropriate gear but you keep the look you like.

Just go to Eloise Merryweather (found in the commons area of each world) and you can stitch or unstitch for 100c per item.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Jason thunderstaff on Jul 6, 2018 wrote:
Not to be rude but I understand if you use bundle gear but I feel like it should only be used if you have like almost nothing or for certain fights. In the future you can get better gear from farming certain dungeons so I would recommmed just to farm dungeons such as waterworks and such.
For some players, you'd have a point. But it all depends on each individuals play style and time constraints. I for one hate farming bosses unless I enjoy the fight. I loved the Wintertusk dungeon and Water Works. I like the CL something of the stars one, too. I love the Halloween ones and Lord Night Shade...

But farming for high level gear, especially when you don't have the time or a dependable team or the patience or have special needs that prevent you from that level of attention or ability to handle defeat and try again - it's just not worth it.

I'd love to see a new ability for the Seamstress or such that upgraded gear. I have LOTS of gear I loved the stat balance and combinations for and I would pay crowns for the upgrading. Especially if you could also downgrade for a price, when you pass it to a younger character later.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
dayerider on Jul 6, 2018 wrote:
While it COULD be a neat idea, that would take away from KI's ability to profit off of it. At almost L50, you should have farmed for the L30 Aquila drops. They will hold you till L56-60 where your gear gets a LOT better. At 56 you can craft the Wintertusk stuff, at L60, you can farm for Waterworks or House of scales/zigzag gear, and at level 70 can farm more Aquila gear. There are a LOT of options available to you. I can tell you that WW gear will last you up till L100, and if you look carefully through all the various guides, you could probably come up with a slick combination of gear depending on your style of play. Good luck
I think that KI setting the crown price would fix the issue of their profits.

As I said before, we don't all have time, will or sometimes the ability to farm endlessly for better gear. A crown price meets in the middle. There are lots of crow item aids that "bypass the game" but in the end those helps probably aid the long term sustainability of the game overall because it draws in and holds players who wouldn't otherwise play. They spend real money in the form of crowns, bundles, loot rolls, elixirs, stat gear, amenities like hair, and memberships.

Farming is for people who have more time than money or value their money over time or actually enjoy the grind.

This service would be for everyone else.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Helenie Nightseer on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
I think that KI setting the crown price would fix the issue of their profits.

As I said before, we don't all have time, will or sometimes the ability to farm endlessly for better gear. A crown price meets in the middle. There are lots of crow item aids that "bypass the game" but in the end those helps probably aid the long term sustainability of the game overall because it draws in and holds players who wouldn't otherwise play. They spend real money in the form of crowns, bundles, loot rolls, elixirs, stat gear, amenities like hair, and memberships.

Farming is for people who have more time than money or value their money over time or actually enjoy the grind.

This service would be for everyone else.
I didnt even read that part before! Thank you for pointing that out. So, if this option was implemented, and there was a crown cost, it would totally negate my argument.