Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-8-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! It's the best day of the week and time for feedback! Let's do that now...

This week, I'd like to chat about pets, specifically, about the amazing tricks they can do! If you could come up with a NEW, FROM SCRATCH TALENT for the pet world, what would it be? What would it be called? What kind of pet would possess that talent?

Looking forward to your thoughts on our faithful friends. Have a fiery Friday and a fantabulous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Feb 21, 2016
deadly leap
it would be for death pets and fire pets and it will basically go onto the feild and jump on the oponents

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Boomerang- When activated this pet talent redirects an incoming damage spell back to the caster/group that cast it. Something akin to a small marsupial pet would own the talent. (koala, lemur, mongoose, etc.)

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
New Talent
How about a talent or Jewel to Increase the drop rate
BUFF IT UP

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Something with a name like "learning curve" that makes it so that training the pet costs half the normal amount of energy per minigame.

This seems like something that would work best on a jewel.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
vampirecuty123 on Jun 8, 2018 wrote:
deadly leap
it would be for death pets and fire pets and it will basically go onto the feild and jump on the oponents
Yeah I was going to say something like that. Not necessarily a maycast but something along the lines of that.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
FROM SCRATCH TALENT for the pet world you say...

...How about:

1) Reversal and May Cast Reversal

- This spell removes any minus to hit and places it on an opponent or opposing team.
- Ultra version of spell does this for everyone on team.

2) Move Blade and May Cast Move Blade
- This spell takes blades you can't use and places them on teammates who can.

- Ultra version of spell does this simultaneously for everyone on team.

3) Steal blades and May Cast Steal Blades
- This spell takes blades you can use from your teammates or your opponent.

4) Mirror Image or May Cast Mirror Image

- This spell swaps one or all negative things on you, for one or all positive shields and blades an opponent has.

5) Upgrade or May Cast Upgrade
- This spell boosts up your critical, blocks, and damage

6) Boost Single Healing Spell to heal other teammates instead of you
- Your May Cast Fairy Spell now randomly heals another teammate with the lest health.
- Ultra version of this spell causes everyone to be healed

7) Restore Mana or May Cast Restore Mana
- This spell restores your mana, or another teammates mana.
- Ultra version of this spell restores everyone's mana on team.

8) Dodge or May Cast Dodge
- This spell allows you to not be hit or targeted four turns (you can't be hit or targets)
- Ultra version of this spell casts Dodge on all of your teammates

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Momma & Baby Elephant (like the bunnies – a couple)

Inspired by article online called 72 Incredible Elephant Facts That Will Make You Want To Save Them, by Dan Dalton

Death School

Stamps feet, baby sucks his trunk like humans suck their thumbs, entwine their trunks, nuzzle heads, when in a yard – swim in water & shower themselves and each other,

1 Anticipation
- chance of predicting the next move of random foe and countering it appropriately before it hits. Regardless of rank or school.

2 Mimic – May Cast the same spell as the highest ranking foe – regardless of level, type, or school

3 Rescue –a heal that is only triggered when friend or self are within 100 points from defeat, heals 50% of their total capacity.

4 Protection – MC Tower every round until player's health is at least 50%

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Momma & Baby Elephant -- continued

5 Sand Spray - chance of anticipating a Fire School attack and blocks 90% of it's damage with a spray of sand forming an umbrella like shield blocking the damage. As the foe did cast the spell, their pips are spent.

6 Redress – may cast a Death version of Justice -- triggered by cheats – any cheats and all cheats – even pet cheats. The power of the attack is based on the stats of the player. So the Redress hit is higher if the player is level 120 than if they are level 20. At high level with good gear Redress can be devastating.

7 Pack-buddie –increases back pack capacity by 200 item slots.

8 Justified Vengeance – adds two Redress cards to your deck – they deal death damage and are an X pip spell

9 Certain Rescue –adds two Rescue cards to your deck –they can only be cast on a player with less than 101 points of health – but will restore 50% of their health capacity. This is a Death spell and uses Death power pips.

10 Imitation – adds two Mimic cards to your deck. This is an all school spell – so power pips and regular pips work regardless of school. We cast this 4 pip / 2 power pip card knowing that next round the highest ranking foe may pass, blade, donate pips, ... or Tempest. Whatever they do now, we will do next round.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I know this isn't related, but there is definitely one thing that would prove the quality of this game. Full Screen Windowed Mode! I don't know why it hasn't been implemented already. There should be an easy way to play a game in full screen, yet be able to switch between applications without any flickering, delay, etc.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
I was thinking it would be cool to have a talent that helped with monstrology, but I can't really think of a great name . . .

Animus-hungry: provides a chance to collect 1 extra animus when using an extract animus spell.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
How about a talent that would take all the fish out of the water and only leave treasure chest.
FRY THE FISH

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I'm a little surprised that there aren't any Pip Conversion talents yet.

How about a stronger version of various Item Card talents? Between simply getting a pet that gives the cards without even using up a talent, and using Treasure Cards to gain access to those cards, a lot of these talents are just not worth it when you can get those cards through other means.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
This new talent would actually be part of a new pet.

Pet: The Peeve
The Peeve looks like a tribble on a bad hair day. There is one for each school and is colored accordingly.

The new talent is named in some pun-stunningly fashion but the Pet gives a May Cast of either AOE damage or stun whenever a combatant flees

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
How about shadow-specific stats? Say...

Shadow-Giver:
Up to +6% Damage.

Shadow-Dealer:
Up to +10% Damage.

Shadow-Ward:
Up to 15% Resistance.

Shadowblade:
May cast "Shadowblade" spell.

Relentless Darkness:
Up to 5% Shadow PIP Bonus.

Shadow, Shadow, I love Shadow!:
Gives 1 card: Shadow Empower, converts 3 pips into 1 Shadow PIP (self-only).

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Avoid battle for pve. This talent would stop you being dragged into battles when you are moving from area to area. You would not be dragged into mob battles.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jun 8, 2018 wrote:
Hi Wizards! It's the best day of the week and time for feedback! Let's do that now...

This week, I'd like to chat about pets, specifically, about the amazing tricks they can do! If you could come up with a NEW, FROM SCRATCH TALENT for the pet world, what would it be? What would it be called? What kind of pet would possess that talent?

Looking forward to your thoughts on our faithful friends. Have a fiery Friday and a fantabulous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I would love to see a astral school pet and have talents where it increases universal properties & of corse may cast infallible or may cast polymorph. An interesting avenue is it not..?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Port'n Pal: Opens a second "Mark Location" with Recall feature for your Wizard.

Portal Pup: Opens a Recall to Commons Button. (So the existing one still locks to the current world and would stay after using the port to commons one).

Diggin fer Treasure- Pet has a chance of randomly finding a reagent or gold (similar to a woodenchest just randomly being opened.)

Playful Pup:- Similar to Diggin for Treasure, but the pet senses something and you can go and look for a treasure where you'd have to play a little mini game. The rewards would be really good- so people would want to do it.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2017
well I would like an spirit pet like you know casper the friendly ghost like that. and it would have an ability like the ghost touch spell where it goes through the enemy (this spell could be a maycast)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Jun 9, 2018 wrote:
Momma & Baby Elephant -- continued

5 Sand Spray - chance of anticipating a Fire School attack and blocks 90% of it's damage with a spray of sand forming an umbrella like shield blocking the damage. As the foe did cast the spell, their pips are spent.

6 Redress – may cast a Death version of Justice -- triggered by cheats – any cheats and all cheats – even pet cheats. The power of the attack is based on the stats of the player. So the Redress hit is higher if the player is level 120 than if they are level 20. At high level with good gear Redress can be devastating.

7 Pack-buddie –increases back pack capacity by 200 item slots.

8 Justified Vengeance – adds two Redress cards to your deck – they deal death damage and are an X pip spell

9 Certain Rescue –adds two Rescue cards to your deck –they can only be cast on a player with less than 101 points of health – but will restore 50% of their health capacity. This is a Death spell and uses Death power pips.

10 Imitation – adds two Mimic cards to your deck. This is an all school spell – so power pips and regular pips work regardless of school. We cast this 4 pip / 2 power pip card knowing that next round the highest ranking foe may pass, blade, donate pips, ... or Tempest. Whatever they do now, we will do next round.
Regarding redress talent, do you mean a death version of the Judgement spell? I love this idea.

Actually, I love all of these and the pet! I’d like it even better if it was a charity pet where the proceeds went to charities that help elephants. Even better still if an endangered (or “in danger”) animal was promoted for each school—elephants for death, polar bears or snow leopards for ice, giant pandas for life, sea otters for storm, tigers for balance, Tasmanian Devil for Fire, gorilla for myth. Or whatever. Sadly, there are a lot of animals at risk and I’d love to know the obscene amount of money I spend on crowns (lol) was doing some good in the world beyond the joy of gaming.

(Iknow I’ve strayed off topic, but it would be extra awesome if they released bundles around those endangered animals, introducing the six new pets and ten new talents. Each bundle could come with pet/pet training items, like energy potion—or a bonus second, permanent energy ball—a special house with pavilion games in your yard that you and friends could use, high energy gear, a new pet jewel of your choosing—one that makes your pet go critical, or a mega energy jewel, a may cast, etc.) and since the pets would be school specific, people might consider getting one for each character. Especially if they did the extra energy ball/permanent energy increase.)

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Tylerwildpants on Jun 8, 2018 wrote:
FROM SCRATCH TALENT for the pet world you say...

...How about:

1) Reversal and May Cast Reversal

- This spell removes any minus to hit and places it on an opponent or opposing team.
- Ultra version of spell does this for everyone on team.

2) Move Blade and May Cast Move Blade
- This spell takes blades you can't use and places them on teammates who can.

3) Steal blades and May Cast Steal Blades
- This spell takes blades you can use from your teammates or your opponent.

4) Mirror Image or May Cast Mirror Image

- This spell swaps one or all negative things on you, for one or all positive shields and blades an opponent has.

5) Upgrade or May Cast Upgrade
- This spell boosts up your critical, blocks, and damage

6) Boost Single Healing Spell to heal other teammates instead of you
- Your May Cast Fairy Spell now randomly heals another teammate with the lest health.
- Ultra version of this spell causes everyone to be healed

7) Restore Mana or May Cast Restore Mana
- This spell restores your mana, or another teammates mana.
- Ultra version of this spell restores everyone's mana on team.

8) Dodge or May Cast Dodge
- This spell allows you to not be hit or targeted four turns (you can't be hit or targets)
- Ultra version of this spell casts Dodge on all of your teammates
These would be awesome --though on a bad day could actually be frustrating. But fair is fair, right?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Ravino Nightingale on Jun 9, 2018 wrote:
How about shadow-specific stats? Say...

Shadow-Giver:
Up to +6% Damage.

Shadow-Dealer:
Up to +10% Damage.

Shadow-Ward:
Up to 15% Resistance.

Shadowblade:
May cast "Shadowblade" spell.

Relentless Darkness:
Up to 5% Shadow PIP Bonus.

Shadow, Shadow, I love Shadow!:
Gives 1 card: Shadow Empower, converts 3 pips into 1 Shadow PIP (self-only).
I love the idea of a Shadow school pet.

If Shadow isn't inherently evil, but instead just difficult to handle because it's unstable and manipulates the fabric of reality...I get why it would be dreaded, it would really matter who was using it.

Hmm...the speech said it can take things apart and put them back together...
change the shape of reality...

I'm thinking the pet itself would be a friendly Casper The Friendly Ghost type amorphous Shadow buddy...until it cast it's personal attack spell and then it transformed into a monster reminiscent of the painting of Hades The Unseen. (I'd love to have a little version of THAT as a pet too.)

The pet could come with 3 cards at Adult, Mega, and Ultra that are versions of that spell but higher damage the higher level the pet.

All 6 of the above talents listed as well as another 4...

May Cast Shadow Legion Blade - Shadow version of Dragon Blade
May Cast Shadow Shield
May Cast Shadow Legion Shield - shields the whole team
May Cast Wellbeing a Shadow Heal Bubble that converts incoming damage to incoming heal equal to the amount of damage you would have sustained, for 4 rounds.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Firecull on Jun 12, 2018 wrote:
Regarding redress talent, do you mean a death version of the Judgement spell? I love this idea.

Actually, I love all of these and the pet! I’d like it even better if it was a charity pet where the proceeds went to charities that help elephants. Even better still if an endangered (or “in danger”) animal was promoted for each school—elephants for death, polar bears or snow leopards for ice, giant pandas for life, sea otters for storm, tigers for balance, Tasmanian Devil for Fire, gorilla for myth. Or whatever. Sadly, there are a lot of animals at risk and I’d love to know the obscene amount of money I spend on crowns (lol) was doing some good in the world beyond the joy of gaming.

(Iknow I’ve strayed off topic, but it would be extra awesome if they released bundles around those endangered animals, introducing the six new pets and ten new talents. Each bundle could come with pet/pet training items, like energy potion—or a bonus second, permanent energy ball—a special house with pavilion games in your yard that you and friends could use, high energy gear, a new pet jewel of your choosing—one that makes your pet go critical, or a mega energy jewel, a may cast, etc.) and since the pets would be school specific, people might consider getting one for each character. Especially if they did the extra energy ball/permanent energy increase.)
Yep, Redress would be a Death version of Judgment. Ideally, with a new animation. A little more dramatic and a new sound/utterance, but the same general idea. A sister Seraph, scales, balance the crimes against the good...Maybe her scale is balanced on a skull. Kind of creepy and beautiful at the same time.

Also, I LOVE this idea of new school pets being of irl endangered animals. I know that they couldn't be for the charity sales if they were normal School Pets, but maybe we could have one a year. That'd be cool too because more people might collect them. Especially if they, being a Crown pet, could only be hatched in the kiosk for Crowns and a % of those hatch fees also went to the charities. Making them more attractive and popular- it'd be nice if the transfer rate of getting the better talents from the hatch were tweaked. Like in this case - if there are dud talents (like Mana, Health, Pip, and all the "selfish" or Plus-Piggie talents) wern't transferred at all and the best the two pets had to offer were more than normal likely to pass to the egg.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
What about Shadow Prism -- a "stat boosting" type talent - but when you have that pet equipped ALL your school stats convert to Shadow Stats...so Balance resist becomes Shadow resist, Life damage becomes Shadow Damage -- Only universal stats remain unchanged -- in/out heal boost, power pip, universal damage, universal resist, universal accuracy...

That would be a CRAZY popular talent and for a while the pet it came from would be too. Just for the hatching.

Essentially, for the price of the pet and hatching like mad to get all the other talents we wanted, we'd end up with gear that was temporarily supportive in Shadow battles.

LOL, as much as I hate pet hatching and training...this would actually be a diabolical addition to the game. But I'd do it for this pet talent.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
exp613 on Jun 11, 2018 wrote:
Port'n Pal: Opens a second "Mark Location" with Recall feature for your Wizard.

Portal Pup: Opens a Recall to Commons Button. (So the existing one still locks to the current world and would stay after using the port to commons one).

Diggin fer Treasure- Pet has a chance of randomly finding a reagent or gold (similar to a woodenchest just randomly being opened.)

Playful Pup:- Similar to Diggin for Treasure, but the pet senses something and you can go and look for a treasure where you'd have to play a little mini game. The rewards would be really good- so people would want to do it.
I would prefer the Port' n Pal talent to actually be a gear Jewel.

It would be great to have one for Fishing, Gardening, Pet training ... gear sets.

We'd have our regular port set for our farming or questing as usual, but if we change an item with that Jewel in it it would turn change our set port to something else, like the Hatchery, current favorite fishing hole, current favorite seed or reagent farming area etc. We could have one for crafting that took us to an anvil...

Many times I've wished for multiple ports, but this way they wouldn't have to change the current interface set up, just alter how it remembers where to take us. (Admittedly, that might be pretty hard.) But it would be awesome to just change my dagger and voila - my port changes from DS to somewhere in CL and if I unequip it it switches right back to DS.

But if it was a pet talent I doubt I'd do the work or spend the snacks to train it. I use my talent spots for battle aids.
But I'd LOVE it as a jewel attribute.