Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragons Mouth Cave

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
OK, so doe's anyone remember dragons mouth cave in golem court? Well i decided to walk into it recently and something weird happened. Upon approaching the statue a dialogue box popped up and started talking about the fight between the dragons, giants, and titans. Than it ended by saying that a wizard appeared, looked at me through the flames, and vanished. No additional quests appeared from it, and it wasn't linked to a quest before this happened. If anyone knows anything about this, please tell me!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Eragon Firesword on Mar 19, 2018 wrote:
OK, so doe's anyone remember dragons mouth cave in golem court? Well i decided to walk into it recently and something weird happened. Upon approaching the statue a dialogue box popped up and started talking about the fight between the dragons, giants, and titans. Than it ended by saying that a wizard appeared, looked at me through the flames, and vanished. No additional quests appeared from it, and it wasn't linked to a quest before this happened. If anyone knows anything about this, please tell me!
It sounds like a teacher quest you forgot to do - check with Falmea in Ravenswood.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
There is a DragonSpyre Quest that triggers that dialogue. I wonder if you were either inadvertently on that quest or if it accidentally triggered due to some glitch or otherwise.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Eragon Firesword on Mar 19, 2018 wrote:
You only enter this area when you're in late Dragonspyre [so around level 45] or if you're on your level 7 quest for the Fire school. If you aren't anywhere near those levels, then I may be missing something, because I haven't been playing on my fire wizard for very long.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
OK, so i went back to the cave again, and it happened once more. it seems like every time i go near that fire, it happens. I don't know why this is a thing, but it is NOT linked to any quest that i have, at least a known quest. Unless i am the "Chosen One" or something, there has to be something else there!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
JewelKI on Mar 22, 2018 wrote:
You only enter this area when you're in late Dragonspyre [so around level 45] or if you're on your level 7 quest for the Fire school. If you aren't anywhere near those levels, then I may be missing something, because I haven't been playing on my fire wizard for very long.
so as of right now, my fire character is level 90, so i am nowhere close to those levels.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 19, 2018 wrote:
It sounds like a teacher quest you forgot to do - check with Falmea in Ravenswood.
Sadly, it is not. Falmea has nothing for me even after i trigger the dialogue

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
You're not alone. Same thing happened with me on my Myth. It's just a repeating script in the game filled with lore about Dragonspyre and Malistaire revealing a piece of history of the spiral.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
There are three quests that send us into the Dragon's Mouth cave in Golem Court.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Dragon%27s_Mouth_Cave#axzz5Abw6E5BL

One where we retrieve a Fire Gem for Tinu Bakmal in Krokotopia, and one where we warm a dragon egg in the pure fire of the Dragon's Mouth cave.

But the quest you're describing is actually one of the introductory quests for the Fire school. Their level 7 spell quest is literally called "Introduction to Fire" and it sends you into the cave with a bloodstone ruby. While you're in there, you have a vision of Malestaire approaching the Dragon Titon of Dragonspyre.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Introduction_to_Fire#axzz5Abw6E5BL

Assuming you're a Fire wizard (because of your icon and name), then by going into the cave you re-triggered that very old quest that you did long ago.

Alia Misthaven, 122
Rowan Ashcloud, 122