Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which school has it the hardest?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2014
In your opinion, which school has the hardest time going through the game? Here's my list

1. Death (main bosses of the first 2 arcs are death, lots of death enemies in general)
2. Fire (lots of fire enemies in the second arc and dragonspyre)
3. Balance (so many balance bosses)
4. Ice (lots of ice minions)
5. Storm (quite a bit of storm enemies)
6. Myth (don't see many myth enemies)
7. Life (I feel like life enemies are extinct, maybe i'm missing something)

what's your list?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
1. Death- aoe doesnt come til a while later and they don't do much damage because of their half heal thing
2. Life- aoe doesn't come til later and they don't do much damage until later in the game
3.Balance- they get an aoe early on but going against other balance mobs and bosses is annoying; blades aren't so strong
4. Myth- mediocre damage a lot of the game because the aoe doesn't get better until level 100, they can do a lot of damage though
5. Storm- op attacks but so squishy
6. Fire- balanced damage and stats but not as easy as ice
7. Ice- they never die and can do major damage and get so many aoe attacks

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Having difficulty going through the game is more than having to face mobs/bosses that are in the same school. Damage, types of spells, gear, durability, and how well the last four can cover up for each other's weak spots has to be taken into account.

For me it's:

7. Death (It's the number one PVE school for a reason, drain spells mean it's really hard for you to die, mid damage attacks, given a lot of buffs, and yes the death mobs are hard at first but not really)

6. Fire (Low health, but still pretty powerful)

5. Storm (Highest damage, but I swear you get knocked over by a swift breeze)

4. Ice (Tanky, but low damage)

3. Balance (Yeah you're right the balance minions are hard without any prisms. You have to rely of stuff like Chimera, Hydra, and spectral)

2. Life (Low damage, half your spells are heals, and you only get only one useful AOE that's trainable)

1. Myth (Low-mid damage, mid health, AOE's aren't all that great, minions are basically decoration, only school without its own healing spell (not counting sacrifice minion because that's situational)...there's a reason why you see 1 max myth wizard for every 25 max storm wizards)

Amber Dreamflower 125
Amber Frostflower 78
Mindy Rainflower 14

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
I think ice is really tough cause they do so little damage and their health isn't even that much higher

Survivor
Apr 11, 2014
Really because i haven't been in all the school I'm just going to say that the life wizards have it the hardest, i know some of you may not agree but my main has been a life for almost 3 years now, so i know how hard it is to be one.

life has it the hardest because almost all our spells do about 500-600 to a bad guy even at level 48 or 49 i don't remember my level, but then half of our spells are heals we don't really need, like spirit, i would only use that one if i had enough heath to heal myself with it, but then i just don't use it at all but it's not that helpful, and really for any big dungeon we have to bring friends, because then it's impossible to beat any boss there.

so thats all i got, and thats why i think life wizards have the hardest.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
TheWinterMole on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
Really because i haven't been in all the school I'm just going to say that the life wizards have it the hardest, i know some of you may not agree but my main has been a life for almost 3 years now, so i know how hard it is to be one.

life has it the hardest because almost all our spells do about 500-600 to a bad guy even at level 48 or 49 i don't remember my level, but then half of our spells are heals we don't really need, like spirit, i would only use that one if i had enough heath to heal myself with it, but then i just don't use it at all but it's not that helpful, and really for any big dungeon we have to bring friends, because then it's impossible to beat any boss there.

so thats all i got, and thats why i think life wizards have the hardest.
Damage should not matter at all with a school because for every school that has low damage, it is balanced out by tankiness. Life actually does get decently damaged spells later on however they are impossibly hard to kill- like ice- and can easily heal off lost health. If you blade up, you can do big damage.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
For me, I feel Life Is the hardest to play in all worlds. Basically because it don't have any good damaging spells and no AOE attacks until Forest Lord at level 58. They can heal themselves but that takes pips away from your attack spells. If you play Life, you're the one who will be called upon to help in battle for healing; taking away a good chunk of your game play doing quest and if you're in a team battle, everyone will expect you to heal leaving you with a bad rap if you shell fail. Talking about pressure. Myth is really hard to quest only in higher levels by many players do to no higher damaging AOE spell after frog until they get Mystic Colossus at level 100 and Sharpen at level 86 in Azteca. Life and Myth are the 2 schools I don't see much of in higher levels.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2018
Balance certainly as it's unique challenge with no prisms to get around resistances and no good way to deal with removing debuffs due to not being able to wand off without removing your own buffs.

As for other schools facing same-school bosses, this is basically a non-issue because all you need to do is use prisms.

I'd have to say Life and Balance have it the hardest in the solo game, but are highly favored in groups. However, due to the way Team Up, pretty much every type of players an get groups equally easily so being good in groups is not really a big advantage.