Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pink Dandelion seeds for making seed vault

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
So, if I was going to try to craft something and needed some pink dandelion seeds, where would the best place be? The most recent info I can find on this is from a number of years ago, and I tried farming gifted manders (or whatever they are called) in Krok, I haven't had much luck. This I think was before the seed vault came out, and other recipes using Pink D's, so I am wondering if the drop rate has changed. Anyways, has anyone found a place in recent times that is their go-to for farming Pink D seeds? Thank you.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I've had good drop rates from Nirini Quartermaster in Chamber of Fire

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
I got plenty by farming ORANGE DANDELIONS. They often drop a pink dandelion seed at elder. You can get orange dandelions from the vendor in Mooshu, or at the bazaar in Wizard City.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Thank you so much for the tip. It's the only place so far (1 of 5) that I've actually gotten PD's to drop, where others reported drops.
I like statistics and records and spreadsheets and stuff, so to date (one evening so far while watching Ancient Aliens), I have 60 runs, and 9 PD drops (15%).

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
A little tip/idea you might like and find useful.

The seed banks need quite a lot of pink dandelions and with so many seeds to store I wanted to craft quite a few. So I plant pink dandelions as I get them. When double gardening comes around I harvest them, double up the seeds and then craft as many seed banks as I can. I replant any spare seeds and start again, adding any more I get as I get them ready for double gardening to come along again.

It's a bit of a compromise of waiting a bit longer to craft more, yet still getting them sooner than doubling them up multiple times over several double gardening benefits. It helps reduce the time spent farming for them.