Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hollow Mountain Questions/Story

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
So my friend and I were going through Kroktopia quests together and came upon the Pagoda of Harmony dungeon while we were both ~level 25. He's balance and I'm storm. We were able to make it through the Pagoda without any real issues, and started on the Hollow Mountain dungeon. We almost got through the whole thing without any real problems other messing up the puzzle and having to face the 3k+ health temple guardian. We start on the final boss battle, and quickly realize that the rules are different there.

Even though we were quite unprepared we managed to take out the ice bowl before I was taken down. I fled and used a potion and entered the dungeon but was unable to get back to the battle before my balance friend was KO'd. We took the time to get as prepared as we could, and realized that the ice bowl hadn't respawned. So we started the battle again, but were only able to take out one additional bowl before I was KO'd and had to potion up and re-enter the dungeon. We decided the best thing to do was to continue cheesing the dungeon in this manner, so my friend fled as well. On our third go we were able to finish the boss. We both got some epic loot from it!

So our questions after finishing Hollow Mountain are:

1. Are two level 25 wizards actually supposed to be able to complete this dungeon?
2. Is cheesing dungeons like that a legitimate strat?

Also, first post on the forums! Sorry it was a bit wordy.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My first ever wizard was a Myth and that "cheesing" way you described is exactly how she got through many tough instances. These were the days of long ago, before we had dungeon recall, henchmen or team-up to help out. If you were successful, then I'd say it's a valid strategy.

As for the cheating dungeon, it's intended to be that hard. It's brutal for level 25s on purpose, to give hard core players something they really enjoy: a challenge!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Dec 31, 2015
one question: is hollow mountain ( hembulug village ) in Mooshu or is it a completly diffrente world!? when ill pull up full map it shows a map of mooshu. to see the story messege either find it yourself or click on my username on top and look for my story post and maby look at my other posts!

Explorer
Dec 31, 2015
what i think about this mysterious world is that when the titans broke wizard city apart from the other worlds and created the spiral but Mooshu and hembelug village ( sorry about my miss spelling ) were still stuck together and like cows were like " hey! get out of are world! ' so like those cows cracked mooshu in half and created hembelug village. Many, many years later the dogs of marlybone found hembelug village and set up camp their and you know what happens next! And thats the story of hollow mountain/hemblug village!