Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about the Level 50 Elixir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2017
So I've been trying to look for this answer for a while but I can't find anything. Say If I completed all of the side quests from Wizard City - Wintertusk excluding Dragonspyre (right before I hit 50) but did not want to do the Dragonspyre quest series at all, If I used the elixir to skip that world + some of Wintertusk would I lose all the experience I gained from all of the sidequests? and would I have to redo them? or would I be an even higher level than the Elixir says?

This would also just go for any characters that completed any side quests at all before using the elixir as well. It sounds kind of dumb to ask but I am just curious.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2014
I may be completely wrong but It puts you at level 50 and I think that it no matter what sides quests you do you'll be put at level 50 no matter what even if you did do extra side quests. Though I think that it puts you in after you completed Grizzleheim though I think you still have to do Wintertusk

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Allow me to provide you some factual information about the elixir as this is an important decision:

The Elixir:

• Can only be activated once you've a wizard at least level 50 or over.
  • In addition to granting your wizard to level 50 provides your wizard with essential school only gear.
  • Also progresses the Storyline to the very beginning of Dragonspyre.
  • Progresses you through all of Grizzleheim Main Storyline.
  • Progresses you through most of Wintertusk up until about Sudrilund.

So, the experience gathered previously will not affect the elixir.
Meaning, you will still be at level 50 with your experience bar empty. Doing Wintertusk first will not cause that experience to build up propelling you past level 50.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Star Edward on Jan 31, 2018 wrote:
Allow me to provide you some factual information about the elixir as this is an important decision:

The Elixir:

• Can only be activated once you've a wizard at least level 50 or over.
  • In addition to granting your wizard to level 50 provides your wizard with essential school only gear.
  • Also progresses the Storyline to the very beginning of Dragonspyre.
  • Progresses you through all of Grizzleheim Main Storyline.
  • Progresses you through most of Wintertusk up until about Sudrilund.

So, the experience gathered previously will not affect the elixir.
Meaning, you will still be at level 50 with your experience bar empty. Doing Wintertusk first will not cause that experience to build up propelling you past level 50.

Using the elixir completes Dragonspyre for you. You start out at level 50 and ready to start Celestia for the main line quests.

"The Level 50 Elixir allows you to head straight to Celestia and start your adventures in the second story arc of Wizard101! All main quests up to and including Dragonspyre will be completed."

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/august2016

To the OP:

Using the elixir only completes your main quests. You still have to complete all the side quests yourself (Wizard City, Krokotopia, etc). There are some exceptions (like the Zeke quests), but the elixir does not finish the side quests for you, so you can still go above level 50 with that extra side quest experience.