Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Animation Overhauls:

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Let's face it, we all love those really detailed and lengthy spell animations that leave us in a sense of awe and excitement whenever we see them for the first time. It makes us feel like we've progressed far with our Wizards and gives the impression of a powerful spell, but beyond those first few times we've seen/casted them, they start to become extremely monotonous. I believe KingsIsle has missed the mark when it comes to a lot of these really long spell animations. I get that they're going for a 'wow' factor, but duel times have become increasingly longer and longer over the years. Bigger is not always better. What I would like to see in a future update is a massive rework to many spells that are in need of some cleaning up. They listened to community feedback regarding the ridiculously long Khrulhu casting time at launch and shortened it a lot. That was amazing, and I'd love to see them consider it for many other spells such as the following:

Humongofrog - shorter animation, possibly making the acid vomit deal damage to all enemies at the same time. (Similar to the way a lot of the newer spells work like the current Khrulhu.)
Frost Giant - remove the stun animation or have it deal to all enemies at once.
Forest Lord - remove unnecessary cast time like conjuring up the trees or the barrage of (slow) hits at the end.
Ra, Dr. Von's Monster, the unnecessarily long taunt animation at the end of Snow Angel, and so on.

There are many older (now weaker) spells that could be shorter and I do not like the direction that they've taken most of our spells after about rank 7. Please consider implementing some of these changes. Matches take far too long nowadays; let's make the game feel more fluid by keeping things short and sweet. All of this applies to the trend of ridiculously large and visually obstructive mounts that have been added in game as well.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Agreed!

Pirate101 has an option called Fast Combat which allow users to speed up the gameplay (attacks etc) of battles. I love this feature and would like to see a similar one be implemented on Wizard 101.

However, some may still not mind these animations of these spells, so I believe it should be am optional technique that can be toggled on or off in the options - gameplay menu.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Star Edward on Dec 24, 2017 wrote:
Agreed!

Pirate101 has an option called Fast Combat which allow users to speed up the gameplay (attacks etc) of battles. I love this feature and would like to see a similar one be implemented on Wizard 101.

However, some may still not mind these animations of these spells, so I believe it should be am optional technique that can be toggled on or off in the options - gameplay menu.

Absolutely. I for one do not mind the animations. Forest Lord is a favorite of mine.

Steven Ghoststalker