Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Increase Drop Rates for Pigsie and others

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 08, 2016
KingsIsle, please increase the drop rates for Pigsie and other Lore spells. I've spent about 10k Crowns on the Wysteria pack already and did not even a single treasure card. I've also been farming Loremaster for a few hours now and still no treasure card drop!

Please increase the drop rates for both the TC and the actual spell. Loremaster's loot table is already too much that the spell we want will most likely take us months to get.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Agreed, or scatter them among other bosses.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
I'm pretty sure you can also craft the spells. The drop rate is ultra rare, meaning that it's very hard to get.

Delver
May 29, 2009
tyler249334 on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can also craft the spells. The drop rate is ultra rare, meaning that it's very hard to get.
The only problem with crafting the spells is that you have to be a Legendary Crafter to even buy them. This means that you can't even attempt to craft unless your wizard has gotten the quest to go to Zafaria. I have several wizards who are Grandmaster Artisan and have the ingredients to craft but they are just beginning Celestia.

That's one of the great things about farming for the spells: there is no level requirement if you get them as a drop. Or even from a pack.

~SM~

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If you could actually get any of the TCs you could craft the spell As it stands now your chances are actually higher to get the spell before that happens

Been farming on and off on both my life wizards and between the 2 of them I have 2 pigsie TCs in over 300 runs

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Agreed, I don't have the game time and it gets awfully boring farming the Loremaster over and over and over taking me all day just for 1 out of 10 pigsie; TC to craft the spell. Plus spending many thousands of crowns on packs is ridiculous.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:
Agreed, I don't have the game time and it gets awfully boring farming the Loremaster over and over and over taking me all day just for 1 out of 10 pigsie; TC to craft the spell. Plus spending many thousands of crowns on packs is ridiculous.
"Plus spending many thousands of crowns on packs is ridiculous"

And not so great for customer relations in my opinion.
I didn't even take part in the last half-price pack sale.

It's also dampened my enthusiasm for the game overall.

No one likes feeling like the chump at the carnival.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2015
I have personally when getting Deer Knight and Lord of Night spammed packs accidentally getting me Savage Paw and Handsome Fomori. It took well over 150,000 crowns. As well, when I tried getting Headless Horseman, it was near impossible, then the Halloween event ended.
Them though upping the rate may be a little hard to do considering that getting spells is pretty hard to begin with. If they made spells like Companions in Pirate where you could buy them with crowns then that would be neat instead of spam opening packs or going on boss raids that last 24 hours.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Raising the drop rate SLIGHTLY would be a good idea. Something else I would LOVE to see would be instead of getting a spell, you get a token you can use to redeem for whatever of the dropped spells Loremaster drops. Perfect example, my death tried to get Deer Knight (which I finally crafted), and got 7 other spells BEFORE even getting a death spell, and then got Lord of Night. Even though I use a mastery amulet on all my wizards, I never intended to get any of the Balance spells for my death, I JUST wanted Deer Knight. If I could have gotten a token drop that was redeemable, all of my wizards would have gotten the spells they wanted faster. To make it harder to abuse, make this token non-tradeable & non-shareable. This way, the one who did the farming, is the only one to take advantage of it. I know my fire and balance would LOVE to get Pigsie without getting 9 other "useless" spells first, and this token idea would limit the frustration while maintaining my need to farm Loremaster (and whatever other bosses would eventually drop it)

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
In the end, the farming was just too much for me and I ended up having to compromise and spend another 10,000-15,000 Crowns on the pack during the sale. I got only 4 Pigsie TCs throughout the entire pack opening, which is still ridiculous. But miraculously, I was lucky enough to get Pigsie instead of the other spells.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
I'm pretty sure most of the people who want/need Pigsie already know of this lol . But in order to craft the spells and due to the treasure card not being available for crafting, you must farm Lore for 10 Pigsie TCs, so farming for Lore is inevitable either way. You'd be lucky enough to find at least one in the Bazaar. From my pack opening experience, you have a slightly higher chance of getting the TCs and the spell from the pack, which is kind of unfair to those who cannot afford buying so many Crowns although I do understand that KI needs the money to keep their games running.