Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can't be evil?!?!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2017
i play a death wizard and i wanted to follow in malistaire's footsteps and become evil like him! but why can't i? i understand it may be difficult to create an entirely new storyline but the players would absolutely love it! especially the players that have 2+ maxed out wizards and have done everything in the game. this would be so cool (although you may HAVE to play a death wizard for my idea)

here's my idea:
when malistaire leaves and takes his school, you're given the opportunity to go with him. he takes a select few students (you and a couple npcs) and you go to dragonspyre.

this would be so awesome KI!

Survivor
May 06, 2017
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It's a family friendly game. So, we're not trying to promote evil here, more like prevent or banish it.

So I believe if that option were to be made available, we may see more disagreements more than agreements.

Now, get back in the studio!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I like this idea.

Or maybe you were a close friend of Morganthe, before she was banished from Ravenwood by Ambrose, and she recruits you before her decent into the shadow.

I used to play a superhero themed game that did exactly what you proposed, and you were able to become a villain instead. Sadly, it was a stand alone MMO. So you could never interact with players heroes, but it was still interesting to play the other side of the story. Not sure Kingsisle would invest in this though. They are too busy churning out mobile apps.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Too many evil-minded "trolls" in this game, without giving them a justification for being worse.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Although I doubt that KI would ever offer an "evil" version of W101 as it entail a complete rewrite of the quests and would almost be a separate game unto itself, it does sound like a fun game in theory.

Perhaps you could play it from this "head cannon"; you are Mallistaires agent in the spiral. Go through all the quests that Ambrose gives you but in fact you are there to defeat "good" wizards in 1on1 PvP.

Just a thought
Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Am I the only one that find your account name a little funny? Lol..

About your idea though, seems a little interesting, but to be implemented?

Don't think so...

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
Well, it is a bit far-fetched. Though, I could see a slightly different pathway being made, perhaps... What I have in mind is that you'd start at Pigswick Academy, instead of Ravenwood. Like, you could choose from being a human wizard or pig wizard. They are pretty similar, after all. You could have the first few quests be in Wysteria, then Pigswick gets notified from Ravenwood, and your journey would turn into the main questline. Not exactly evil like you mentioned, but a newish pathway nonetheless. It seems more doable because it wouldn't require as much work as your idea, but believe me, I do love that idea too.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i've been team malistaire from the beginning and have bugged kingsisle about this for years!

=

however, it'll probably never happen because it's a family game (maybe someone should remind the person who designed that last empyrea boss fight of that, lol).

-von
#teammally

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
You are assuming evil is black and white. It is possible to be good for evil reasons same way around. I would personally go with the Malistare start. You can start as a child that is related to Malistate. A cousin to Cyrus, or one of the proffeseurs. You hear an arguement betweeen Morganth Cyrus were ambros banishes her. You hide in the closet and you witness this. After you go to Malistate. He says raven wood lost its touch- its has become wrong. Malistare offers you to come with him, to Krok. You help Malistare find the Krokonomican for the cabal. You like in ravenwood attend Darkspire academy on dragonspyre. From that moment like the good wizard you try to stop Morganth. You head through the same story as normal wizard. On Avalon you break the shrine of Arthur. And move through time, to Azteca. In order to bide time you show Morganthe her deck of shadow. She does your hard work. Near the end when the wizard kills Morganth you catch her fall, and drain her of her shadow magic. From there you guide every one of spiders children. Until you help medulla. She betrays you and locks you in the vault where spider used to be. You go through a mind vision and see raven become evil. You laugh at the thought and you are planning to kill her.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:
You are assuming evil is black and white. It is possible to be good for evil reasons same way around. I would personally go with the Malistare start. You can start as a child that is related to Malistate. A cousin to Cyrus, or one of the proffeseurs. You hear an arguement betweeen Morganth Cyrus were ambros banishes her. You hide in the closet and you witness this. After you go to Malistate. He says raven wood lost its touch- its has become wrong. Malistare offers you to come with him, to Krok. You help Malistare find the Krokonomican for the cabal. You like in ravenwood attend Darkspire academy on dragonspyre. From that moment like the good wizard you try to stop Morganth. You head through the same story as normal wizard. On Avalon you break the shrine of Arthur. And move through time, to Azteca. In order to bide time you show Morganthe her deck of shadow. She does your hard work. Near the end when the wizard kills Morganth you catch her fall, and drain her of her shadow magic. From there you guide every one of spiders children. Until you help medulla. She betrays you and locks you in the vault where spider used to be. You go through a mind vision and see raven become evil. You laugh at the thought and you are planning to kill her.
or instead you are a follower of malistare ever sinse he left raven wood you and Duncan grimwater find darkmoor there you go where the shadows are longest and get sent on quest by different beast,one day you go to Azteca to witness your other good character destroy malistare again when you go back to darkmoor you find him then he gets beaten again mad at malistare for betraying you and the wizard you finally go with cob in mirage and pretend to be good show your self to ambrose shielding him from your shadow not letting him know your evil you slowly steal the eye of bartleby (then other things happen ) cob is defeated more angry and untrusting than ever you turn into a shadow and march off to the Arcanum where you go to empyria with the good wizards you work with medulla and the bat and you crash the ship into ariel and plot against them after erading medulla's memory of you to steal most of his majic and become the strongest wizard of all then destroy the wizard after you finish emypria (I forgot morganthe and all so don't judge me lol)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
samuel032907 on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
or instead you are a follower of malistare ever sinse he left raven wood you and Duncan grimwater find darkmoor there you go where the shadows are longest and get sent on quest by different beast,one day you go to Azteca to witness your other good character destroy malistare again when you go back to darkmoor you find him then he gets beaten again mad at malistare for betraying you and the wizard you finally go with cob in mirage and pretend to be good show your self to ambrose shielding him from your shadow not letting him know your evil you slowly steal the eye of bartleby (then other things happen ) cob is defeated more angry and untrusting than ever you turn into a shadow and march off to the Arcanum where you go to empyria with the good wizards you work with medulla and the bat and you crash the ship into ariel and plot against them after erading medulla's memory of you to steal most of his majic and become the strongest wizard of all then destroy the wizard after you finish emypria (I forgot morganthe and all so don't judge me lol)
no judgment here; i forgot about morganthe too (because she was boring and, frankly, forgettable).

-v.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Honestly Morganth arc is the worse work king isle did- I found it more boring then cool ranch. Mostly due to her being insignificant to any plot or story other then a revel for cob- which could have been shortened to 2 planets rather then 5. (Celestia, zaffaria, are world that make me quit every time I make a new wizard- wish there was a skip button). Yes I think if a dark story was made either fully skip Morganth other then maybe a way to introduce it.

Best starts include Greta DarkCettle: since she like Ambrose is a recruiter, but for the cabal. King isle could maybe use her for the story. Since she does say she recruited Duncan so- no reason would not work with a bad wizard.

Malistare: who does not love that character- has most personality of all the proffeseurs in ravenwood. I always loved drake despite not liking being myth as a class- being his dark brother who leads you to power is a story worth telling. And I think it's important to see the full story- not just a side but the side that requires you to be 14+.

Again dark story could be done so that you can only do it after 1 play through and after being min 18+ or 14+ if allowed by parents in parental controls. This will allow wizards to continue dancing in their flowers and pixies, while real wizards go sling some real magic and have fun being a bit more nuts and dark story. Closer to the level of the grim tails

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
samuel032907 on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
of couse this is the general idea the real story line will take you to the world you do on the good character and you will level up by quest and side quest going back to darkmoor eachtime and stealing world keys learning shadow and of course fighting teachers for spells because you can't fight the evil people and basically a lvl system and spell system if they add shadow and probally make the shadow teacher in the Arcanum think you're goodand have her teach you never letting the good guy know about you blah blah blah details.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Area51Alien on Nov 17, 2017 wrote:
Although I doubt that KI would ever offer an "evil" version of W101 as it entail a complete rewrite of the quests and would almost be a separate game unto itself, it does sound like a fun game in theory.

Perhaps you could play it from this "head cannon"; you are Mallistaires agent in the spiral. Go through all the quests that Ambrose gives you but in fact you are there to defeat "good" wizards in 1on1 PvP.

Just a thought
Steven Ghoststalker
Well maybe they could alter the good quest slightly like in Azteca you kill the undead in a manner of speech maybe instead you're collecting essense for more power like monstrolegy just evil basically like lukeskywalker saidevil can be black and white killing undead benfits you but it's good and you're evil the story line takes you too the same places and with cob and all maybe you betray them eventually steal some magic but not battleing him just doing quest or something like that

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Taylor SwiftStalke... on Nov 18, 2017 wrote:
Am I the only one that find your account name a little funny? Lol..

About your idea though, seems a little interesting, but to be implemented?

Don't think so...

Am I the only one that find your account name a little funny? Lol.. I guess you're evil since you stalk taylor swift this message board is perfect for you

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
This board is dead we need to spam post so kingisle notices our pleas lol and make the message board a hot topic

may we fall to shadow in peace and honor like our fathers before us-Samuel dreamvault

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Honestly shadow story is an idea so many people asked for. Here is a story starting from Greta Darkkettle

Hello wizard I feel an eye of Merle Ambrose on you, yes I do. Quickly design your "pretty face". We must fool him. (Regular into), wizard over here take this embalm, when you arrive to wizard city, come to fire cat alle we will speak further.

Ah welcome wizard, or should I say a crow. It is good you have come here, have you chosen your new body- your shadow form is showing throw but wth practice you can hide it. Before you begin our quest, we must leave asap. Soon wizard city will fall to rattle bones, he is a pet of silly malistare, yet he offers us a chance - you a chance. To join the Cabal. For a time pretend to help him out, follow him and help his quest, when you become a cabal agent return to me. Hurry he beyond the waterfall.

Dworgan: please take me with you, NO your to weak stay here and teach this "wizards". Hello there, I see you, I see your different child come here.

I see, you agree with me, it is good to see wizards who are not corrupted by burocracy and politics. But I need proof, I got an idea, start by defeating lady oreal in the hedge maze. I will wait for you.

Good,I see your committed. I got another recruit Duncan Grimwater. He will be your ally in our tasks. I want you to go to triton avenue, cylops lane, fire cat alley, and thwart the WIZARDs work. When your done use the eye of history and come with me to Krokoptipa. We have some things we must do.

Welcome to Krok the home of the Krokonomican. We must retrieve it. I know where and how. We must defeat krokopatra and take her necklace. And forge a new key. For this travel to xxx and get xxx to make the key. While you do that Duncan will steal the krokonomican

A lot of collecting later...

Great we got the materials we must go to the necropolis, we got some people there who are awaiting us. It is also the place where you can learn some new spells.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Continue

Here we are the ancient world of dragonspire. Beautiful is it not but deadly, while we are here we need to look into this Cabal. They are supposed to meet us in the Labyrinth, the 'prisoner' there awaits us. You must race into different parts, note we can not actually enter dragonspyre, for that we need mushu emperors key. But the jade demon does exist here. We need to free it, it will do our work for us.

We do some stuff and free the demon

Now the demon is free, it will make the emperor sick, we will take the key from his cold dead hands. You have to get the key, but not you in your human body, use your shadow form, and reach through the demons shadow into the emperor's reflection. And take the key from him Hahaha.

1 stolen key later....

We are in the world of dragonspyre, not it's time echo that we entered with the eye of history. Now here comes the boring part, you two must find a way to activate the key stones into the heart of dragonspire. Then we can find a way into the labyrinth.

Many grindy boring collect quests later...

Good, activate the portal let us move, ZOOOM. Here we are the necropolis, in all it's glory. Duncan go inside that tome, and try to bring my beloved wife to life. Wizard while we experiment and arrive for this cabal go to the shadow trickster, I heard he is a friend of yours. He can teach ya some spells.

Good good, but bad, my attempts to bring my love to life was a failure. She became a wraith. Unbielievable. The dragon titan can help you bring her to life (unknown).

I am killerKrok, master of the Cabal. We shall help you if you help us. Here the eye of history. Let's go talk...

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Continue

So so so wizard I see your a shadow not a normal human. You are gifted by the dark arts. You ma have a future here with the cabal. If you can survive the tests.

Many tests later....

We welcome you to the Cabal. Now you know about us we know about you. Forget Malistare when time comes, he will crawl at our feet, plus that weak WIZARD is already in Ds. He will kill him, malistare is old and a fool. He can not control the dragon titan either way what a twit. We have a larger problem, Morganthe, come with us to the broken shores we will explain everything.

From this point on we quest along side Morganth pretending to be her friend. We spy and learn all the spells she has. Likewise we help the wizard without him knowing. This makes morganthe think the wizard is a real threat and focus on him. While this occurs, we slowly create traps within her plan. Eventually we learn that spider is In the hive. We allow the wizard to do our work. The when spider is freed, we begin to help his children in Polaris, mirage and empyeria. We plan to steal the chaos heart, and use it for our own purpose.

Here you fellow wizards make the story, or add to the old one I suggested. If we make a good story we may have a chance to have it made,

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Until KI makes "Evil" an option in this game - why don't you role play as an evil wizard. When you go questing you're doing it for your own selfish ends ( gimme that gold & gear! ) and to lull Ambrose and the Arcanum into trusting you. Then suddenly you turn on them, Mwahahaha!

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
Until KI makes "Evil" an option in this game - why don't you role play as an evil wizard. When you go questing you're doing it for your own selfish ends ( gimme that gold & gear! ) and to lull Ambrose and the Arcanum into trusting you. Then suddenly you turn on them, Mwahahaha!
What I've always wanted to do.. Lol

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Lolz for king isle who read this I don't want them to think we are actually bad people or goth or anything like that. I feel like that is the only thing stopping them from making this story. If it is going to take a petition from players I game we can do that. We just need a whisper in the shadows. Most players who I talk to in game have always liked the idea.... it feels like most players do not check the forums. We are willing to do that if need be just let us know we will do our part to get a new fun story.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Then you destroy Wizardcity and bring the whole spiral to its knees become the master of the cabal become the strongest being ever and then you get a ridiculous revelation and become good but there is no point anymore