Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turning gold into crowns?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
I think it'd be a pretty cool idea because everything requires crowns but the rate of gold to crowns would have to be low

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I don't see this happening.

It's easy to gain gold hence this "idea" will be easily exploited..

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
nutellaaa on Nov 13, 2017 wrote:
I think it'd be a pretty cool idea because everything requires crowns but the rate of gold to crowns would have to be low
Crowns purchases are KI "bread & Butter' it keeps them financially stable. Getting gold at higher levels is too easy.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
There is already ways to earn crowns in the game. My opinion is this isn't needed and I think would be a bad idea because it would reduce income for KI to keep this game going. :)

Survivor
Feb 21, 2015
First of all, I do not agree. Crowns would be too easy to get and a reliable source for people to get their hands on stuff they just bought with gold. Gold is for buying items from the bazaar and things and some specific crown shop items. Crowns is for what their intended for.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Yea I see these are all good reasons not to have the gold - crowns

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
While I don't think KI would allow gold to Crown transfers at the current moment, I do believe they might be open to replacing current Crown priced things for steep gold requirements. For example, the PvP tournament change of allowing members to enter with gold instead of a Crown purchase may be something they extend to other areas of the game (maybe stitching, old packs, etc).

For those familiar with WoW, they offer subscriptions for in-game gold. So, it isn't impossible for a game company to offer in-game currency for real world value.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Oran of Urz on Nov 15, 2017 wrote:
While I don't think KI would allow gold to Crown transfers at the current moment, I do believe they might be open to replacing current Crown priced things for steep gold requirements. For example, the PvP tournament change of allowing members to enter with gold instead of a Crown purchase may be something they extend to other areas of the game (maybe stitching, old packs, etc).

For those familiar with WoW, they offer subscriptions for in-game gold. So, it isn't impossible for a game company to offer in-game currency for real world value.
Now this is what I was thinking about but I couldn't quite remember what it was but yea it'd be nice if they'd replace crown priced things with a steep gold price and you could actually stitch things with money and like you said there would have to be a steep gold requirement

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
I think something like this could possibly be done.

Example:

1,000 gold = 1 crown

So, if you were capped at 500,000 gold, and wanted to usse some, you could give it all in to get 500 crowns! It would get you a pack, or something to work for. People now are begging others "Can someone gift me a mount?" or "Can someone gift me a pack?" There wouldn't be any excuses, and makes it a fun playing field for everyone to look forward to!

A max capped gold space would get you only enough to get one pack of choice (Unless on sale), so it wouldn't really break the financial balance the game has as much, but it would make people actually want to look forward into something! I like the idea. Charm for me. Ignore what the others have to say, they just look for something to disagree to. I have learned while being on these forums, is that nobody agrees to anything :)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
They should also update the prices.... Like how many people are like "oooh wooden broom mount" I'd honestly drop it down from 50k to 10-5k... The pets that no body ever want, oooh Dreamland ghoul..... Drop it from 5000 crowns to 500....

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
I'm gonna hit you back with a counter.

Turn arena tickets into crowns.
50 tickets = 15 crowns

Then again, you could just do trivia and watch videos for roughly 150-170 crowns/day.
150(170) x 7 = 1,050(1,190) crowns/week.
150(170) x 30 = 4,500(5,100) crowns/month.
150(170) x 365 = 54,750(62,050) crowns/year.
All that for free!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Pouffy23 on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:
I think something like this could possibly be done.

Example:

1,000 gold = 1 crown

So, if you were capped at 500,000 gold, and wanted to usse some, you could give it all in to get 500 crowns! It would get you a pack, or something to work for. People now are begging others "Can someone gift me a mount?" or "Can someone gift me a pack?" There wouldn't be any excuses, and makes it a fun playing field for everyone to look forward to!

A max capped gold space would get you only enough to get one pack of choice (Unless on sale), so it wouldn't really break the financial balance the game has as much, but it would make people actually want to look forward into something! I like the idea. Charm for me. Ignore what the others have to say, they just look for something to disagree to. I have learned while being on these forums, is that nobody agrees to anything :)
And you can get 500 crowns without sacrificing all that gold by playing the trivia game offered by KingsIsle. You can get up to 100 gold per day doing that.