Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wu is weird! (and it needs to be checked)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
I think everyone knows about all the trolls in Wu who go around saying very gross stuff. But there are also these guys who have multiple identical wizards spinning around next to each other. Some of them are just people who are bored and decided to do a street performance, but some of them are just weird. Some of these people are able to get gear that their level cannot access yet, some of them have names that you can't choose (examples: Troll, sky, hawk), and some of them are in places that are inaccessible. This doesn't necessarily mean that it can only be hacks, it might just be glitches, but this is still bizarre. Anyone have any idea what this all is?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
indyjunior on Sep 28, 2017 wrote:
I think everyone knows about all the trolls in Wu who go around saying very gross stuff. But there are also these guys who have multiple identical wizards spinning around next to each other. Some of them are just people who are bored and decided to do a street performance, but some of them are just weird. Some of these people are able to get gear that their level cannot access yet, some of them have names that you can't choose (examples: Troll, sky, hawk), and some of them are in places that are inaccessible. This doesn't necessarily mean that it can only be hacks, it might just be glitches, but this is still bizarre. Anyone have any idea what this all is?
all of those names are on the in-game list; luke skywalker is a pretty common name, one of my friends has a logan hawkcatcher, and i have an entire side account full of trollhunters (lol). do you mean that these people are using them as first names?

re: gear~ you cannot equip gear that is above your level; you can, however, still buy it at vendors/the bazaar or transfer it from another character via the shared bank and stitch it to gear that is appropriate to your level.

my level 120 wizard can send mirage gear to my level 30 wizard through the shared bank; my level 30 wizard can then stitch the gear to her level 30 stuff and it'll look exactly like the level 120 gear, but with level 30 stats.

the inaccessible area glitch is one that's been in-game for as long as i have~ possibly longer.

but, then again, wu has long been known for the shady stuff that goes on there, and it can't hurt for someone to check it out.

-von

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Just avoid the Wu Realm like Cancer.

You'll probably be false reported for just strolling by or as you implied, disgusted by the things you read.

As for the glitches, note as Von mentioned, they could've easily have gotten gear from other wizards or from packs. If, for example, they're wearing say storm school only gear and the person's , then.....

Those names are available in the Naming Option Menu.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I have seen people with only one name such as 'Stalker' 'Red' 'Troll' all over Wu.

Once they were in the bazaar and you had all these people asking them how they got their name and stuff. Jesus Christ you're putting your account in danger by talking to them you know that?

My advice is, don't play in the Wu realm. Overuse of swear words, hackers, street performers. Well the street performers are fine, even I have gone afk with identical gear with my friends ^^

Have a good day ^.^