Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

loading wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2014
My computer is kinda slow but it takes over 30 minutes just for it to load, does anyone have any suggestions to make it load faster?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Without knowing your system setup (OS system, available RAM, available hard drive space), internet speed and number of people accessing it at the same time, and how much of the game you have traversed through, it's kind of tough to answer that question.

I can tell you that my laptop takes right at 7 minutes to load W101 if I have multiple programs running and multiple users accessing the wifi. Whereas I'll sail through in under 5 when I'm on alone in the morning and haven't booted any other software. The further I go in the game, the longer it takes to load. I am currently about 2/3 done with Zafaria.

Steven Ghoststalker.

Defender
May 02, 2010
It doesn't take much at all to run Wizard101, but loading times are probably related to your processor speeds and hard drive/solid state drive capabilities. Solid state drives are astronomically faster than hard drives at reading and writing data, so if you have a 5400rpm laptop hard drive it may be the culprit. Your processor also plays a part in loading times as well- so if you have a Pentium or a Celeron processor or an outdated Athlon processor that's probably why.