Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Glitch or Unlucky?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Hello, just wondering if anyone's having trouble getting Malistaire's hat for their character? I've farmed Graveyard so many times already and still haven't gotten the hat for my Storm. I'm starting to think this must be some glitch, but I may just be unlucky. This is quite discouraging though. Is there any chance the drop rates could be increased just for a little while? It isn't fun finding a good team for Darkmoor in all honesty, some don't know what they're doing, others flee out of the blue or they're only doing the first boss. Hope this can be somehow fixed.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
deathsummoner4 on Aug 16, 2017 wrote:
Hello, just wondering if anyone's having trouble getting Malistaire's hat for their character? I've farmed Graveyard so many times already and still haven't gotten the hat for my Storm. I'm starting to think this must be some glitch, but I may just be unlucky. This is quite discouraging though. Is there any chance the drop rates could be increased just for a little while? It isn't fun finding a good team for Darkmoor in all honesty, some don't know what they're doing, others flee out of the blue or they're only doing the first boss. Hope this can be somehow fixed.
It's not a glitch, you're just unlucky lol. The only way drop rates change is if you flee during the fight, so as long as you remain in the Malistaire fight, you'll have a better chance of getting the hat than if you don't.

Lol I'd love to talk about how I opened over 150,000 crowns worth of Harrowing Nightmare Packs but STILL don't have the Nightfall Harrowings....

Also, there will be Polaris and Mirage crafted gear coming in the Fall Update, so maybe the crafted hats will be better than the one Malistaire offers?

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
You just have to keep farming until you receive the hat. There isn't anything to "fix," sorry; it's only luck. I understand that the entire concept of farming and luck can be frustrating at times, especially when Items have low drop rates, but the only thing you can do is keep farming.

You will get the hat eventually. :)

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
It's not a glitch, but it's not bad luck either. The drop rate is just really low. Took my storm over a week of farming darkmoor 8 hours a day for full gear (never even got the wand ).

On the same note, my death has done rattlebones exalted over thirty times and still has not gotten the robe. The drop rate is just really low and if it gets down to it, spend some crowns on the chest.

Best of luck,

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
deathsummoner4 on Aug 16, 2017 wrote:
Like XaZeRs stated, It's not a glitch—I think—but it's not bad luck either. It's all a matter of chance—you may call that luck if you wish.

I had a harder time getting the boots. I got the robe on my first try; I got the hat in a couple of tries and It took me about over 3 weeks to get the boots.