Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-11-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! It’s Friday, and we all know time it is… let’s get to it, shall we?
Today, let’s talk about side systems. There’s a lot of them in this corner of the Spiral – Pets, PVP, Gardening, Fishing, Crafting… there’s sure a lot to do! My question this time is – what is your favorite SIDE SYSTEM and what do you like the most about it? What’s the one thing you would improve with that side system if you could wave your magic wand?

Hope you're having a FIERY Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Does Monstrology count? It seems debatable to me.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Professor Falmea on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Today, let’s talk about side systems. There’s a lot of them in this corner of the Spiral – Pets, PVP, Gardening, Fishing, Crafting… there’s sure a lot to do! My question this time is – what is your favorite SIDE SYSTEM and what do you like the most about it? What’s the one thing you would improve with that side system if you could wave your magic wand?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
My favorite system is crafting, and what I love about it is that it gives me a reliable way to access good gear. I don't have to spend hours farming for gear that may not drop, because all I have to do is press a button and I suddenly have gear in my backpack :D

I saw someone else post this idea so I'm gonna post it on here. How about, instead of you giving us recipes, we can create our own? Like for example, level 124 and 126 crafted gear pieces can each allow you to add 100 reagents into a recipe. Perhaps you could have a list of all the reagents in game and what they are worth crafting-wise, like 1 Perfect Amethyst could be worth 2% Storm Damage, and you could put up to 10 of them in a recipe? Perfect Opals could also each be worth 1% Universal resist, and you could maybe also add up to 10 of them in a recipe? You guys probably get the idea, and we could have each reagent assigned to a specific statistic, and we can all make the gear WE want to have the stats that WE most desperately need.

And as we increase in level, you could raise the reagent limit in a recipe and also raise the limit restricting how many specific reagents you can put in also.

Edit: The Platinum reagent was discovered in the Great Clock Tower gauntlet last year in July, but right now, there's nothing you can do with it. I'm hoping that it'll be included in a future recipe, perhaps?

Survivor
May 21, 2012
I like the pet system for the most part. The two things about it I would change if I had a magic wand to wave about would be these:

1) Have a pet trader that would come once or twice a month to the market area or set up a traveling shop near the bazaar. For those that have unwanted pets, they could trade them in for an egg of their choice. The value of the traded egg(s) determines what they could choose, either the rarity of the pet or by pedigree and set by KingsIsle.

1b) Or have the pet trader work similar to the bazaar. Only the pets would revert solely to egg form. It wouldn't matter if they were baby or Ultra, perfect stats or talents or nothing but selfish ones.They would go into an egg form and hatch with the standard randomness as they did the first time. The shop would give those that missed out on a holiday pet or bundle pet a chance at one. Value is determined and set by KingsIsle.

2) Allow the pets to be traded (as an unhatched egg) between linked accounts. All accounts must be linked and subscribed for no less than three months. Nothing is more aggravating than finding that rare dropped pet you've been farming for a year only to realize that you're on an alt account. Something in the account system and not in-game and would need the master password to achieve.

No hybrid pets would be allowed. If we want a hybrid, then we should work at hatching one out through the breeding system.

Just a couple of suggestions. Thanks for having a feedback post and even if what we suggest isn't feasible, it's still good to see that the devs/designers or what have you are interested in what the players think.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
I love crafting, but sometimes, the recipe demands a LOT. I still love it though.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I do enjoy the side aspects, however my one big complaint is that same energy for gardening, is used for pet training as is used for fishing.

It forces you to choose, am I going to train pets, or garden, or fish. Well actually one could train pets AND fish off the same amount of energy, but after tending to my garden, I am left with enough energy to fish maybe once or twice or train a pet 1-3 times.

Neither of these is enough to level a pet up with any kind of speed, nor have the energy to fish enough to participate in the fishing tournaments.

I'd like to see some tweek to the energy system, where I can take care of my garden and do enough fishing to actual compete in the tournaments without having to spend 250 crowns on a daily basis.

Steven Ghoststalker

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

House Decorating has come a long way and I love it, and hope we can get more space in there...

P.S.
Do you think we can have the Rain Beetle come back in a Throwback Thursday? We have had the flute one, a dozen times - sorry to change the subject.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I was never really able to get into it, but I actually quite enjoy fishing, it's just that I got around to it a high level and didn't want to spend a lot of time going back and getting my rank up. I like fishing the way it is. I train pets occasionally, but the main thing that turns me off is that the actual games and snacks give so little experience, and Mega Pet Snacks are hard to get. How about putting something like a difficulty setting on the games, like for example in the Maze Game, make the Maze bigger, make the ghosts faster, maybe taller walls, etc. and doing this harder setting give more exp. Easy can give 4, medium 6, and hard 8. I'm starting to work on Gardening, and I'm fine with it so far, taking care of plants and harvests gives something to look forward to. I really don't like crafting, but I begrudgingly find myself completing the quests to be able to craft gear and the like. I'm doing the Zafaria Crafting quest and UGH... it's been really tough so far. I'm not really sure if there's a suggestion that'd work better. Maybe just don't make the crafting requirements in later worlds so ridiculous? Especially Zafaria? Thanks for listening.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2013
When is the next double elixir for pets. I want to upgrade my pet badly

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
gardening is one of my favorite aspects of the game, and o this issue, i would like to see spells similar to the " plant all " spell, such as music all, pollinate all, water all, magic all, and sunshine all, pest control would have to be a different issue due to the many levels of pests, and while we are on the subject of spells, i would really like to see for the lower levels of characters, mondo energy for them, i currently have three characters with between 185 energy and 210 energy, but i cannot seem to get energy gear for my level 4 and below, thank you

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
I also like the idea of being able to trade pets between linked accounts. Also it would be nice to see pets gain attributes through battles with us as just opposed to the training, even after they have reached the max level of training.

I also like doing the daily quest. It would be nice if gear and pets were added to that since it does show this as the pictures fly by before you get your gift. one last note, it would be great if all pets and mounts were dyeable.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
this is perhaps a little off topic, but here goes, can you please add gear and pets to the daily graviulum quests, can there be a way added to transfer gear, pets, and mounts to Linked accounts? finally, why is there very few if any pets and mounts that you can dye? thank you

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
getting a little tired of the same old name combinations for characters, please add a lot more and do the same for pets while you are at it, that would be very nice in my opinion, and it would be very nice to be able to change character names too

pets:
blitz
muffy
fluffy
trinket
sparkle
fetchit
spot
twinkles
dodger
slick
boomer
crood
mondo

character names could really be a lot of real life human names for that matter

Hero
May 02, 2009
I'd have to say Monstrology and Crafting are my favorites. I like adding monsters as house guests to my homes and I like crafting things like mannequins to store clothes and such on. For changes I would make Monstrology house guests their own thing so that they don't take up pet/mount slots in houses, and I would make crafting recipes eaiser and not require ridiculously hard to get items, such as amber dust or loremaster tcs. I would also like to see the option to place wands on mannequins added to the game as well as make the mannequins have some form of animation possibilities.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Pets - I would really like to have a pet cloner to get the talents from one of my pets to another instantly. Also, a reroll last talent elixir.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I've found fishing to be a great way to make a little extra gold, and it's the only side feature I really use.

My number one proposed change would be to make the reveal fish school spell longer lasting. Like, half an hour, as opposed to a brief glimpse.

Using the reveal fish school spell lasts long enough for you to scare away the fish you aren't looking for, like if you're after an ice fish then scare away all but the ice ones. That's great if you're after something in particular, but otherwise...

In addition, the way the school is indicated can often be confusing. Balance can sometimes be mistaken for Death, and Ice and Myth can easily be mixed up since they're both blue. Why not have Yellow as the Myth color, and have a lighter brown or tan for Balance instead of that dark burgundy/maroon color?

I do crafting, but only for the quests, although I do think it's a good feature. Reagents are often a hassle to farm though, usually making it more trouble than it's worth. I actually bought several reagent bundles just to avoid having to farm them.

I guess my proposed change is to streamline the process of farming for reagents.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
Crafting is my favorite. A lot of my gear is from crafting and then adding jewels.

The biggest change to crafting would be to add the ability to craft critical jewels at all levels. My thought is to add Amber to the existing recipe at all levels to allow for critical jewels. The more amber the at each level gives you the higher critical level. Say 2 to 16 ambers with the number of amber for what bonus level you want. 2 for +2 up to 16 for +16 critical jewel. Maybe something similar for some of the other more desirable jewels people farm for.

Crafting of pet jewels that give you healing talents. For this use the existing life pet talents and then add a combination of fish, amber and TC cards to get the desired ability.

For all dropped spells give recipes for the TC cards for the same spell. Like with the Loremaster spell. I had to craft a 7 Loremaster TC to get the spell crafted. Sure it takes time but better than farming for a spell drop.

Currently, you can craft all the Loremaster dropped spell except Queen Calypso, Athena Battle Sight and Hephaestus. Why, because you have to farm for the required TC spells instead of crafting them like for the Loremaster spell.

Also what about the +10 balance pierce spell. Currently, there is not spell a Balance wizard can add to their deck just the TC and then you can not craft it.

Open crafting of spells for each school to all schools now if you are not of a school crafting certain spells is not available to you. This would be only for spells you can not get with training points. Some spells would be nice to have like things like cleanse charm, enfeeble, and shatter would be nice to add to your deck with crafting but make them require a lot of different reagents, fish and the like.

Finally, make a modification for a crafter to create their own gear with a system to figure out what reagent to add for what features you want. Use some of the harder to get reagents to add features. Amber, glass shards, certain plants and the like.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Oh, speaking of the crafted Loremaster spells...Umm, like, yikes?

I'd sooner just spend 60 to 80 US dollars and get the spells I need from the packs...

You don't make it easy to get those spells, that's for sure. Deer Knight would've been super helpful these first 45 levels...oh well, I'll get the Scarecrow spell in 3 more levels. Just gotta tough it out.

Speaking of, I need to return to the grind...I'm almost done with MooShu, side quests included.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

My favorite side activity is crafting. The projects are wonderful! I love crafting unique houses and furniture items, plus special gear and spells that make my wizard unique.

The other side activity I love is pet hatching. The one thing I would ask for to improve this system is to PLEASE give us a double pet training xp elixir so we can train faster. You already give us a triple animus elixir, you already give us a fishing luck elixir, and you already give us an experience boost elixir for regular questing - so the precedent of letting us "pay" to speed things up is already established.

Alia Misthaven

Administrator
Wow, thanks everyone for the very detailed feedback! I've passed this along to the team and we'll keep it in mind for the future. A new FF shall be appearing in mere moments!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea