Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A solution to boosting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
There are a few ideas that may work for all.
1: Get rid of the leaderboards. We didn't have leaderboards back in the day. Perhaps taking that leaderboard kiosk out of the arena.

2: Make a "boosting" kiosk. Players can face themselves in a ranked match in a DIFFERENT arena and use a different kiosk. Make it ranked, so players can get the badges and be able to shop at Diego's for the robes, wands, shoes, trophies, ect everyone wants. Make it where players can pay to enter, and rank or badges have NOTHING to do with leaderboards.

Just an idea because people want these robes and badges badly. It may seem silly, but it may work.
Opinions?

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Terrible.

You suggest Enabling cheaters?

Everyone had to Earn their gear in the past. You want the Robe etc?? EARN IT.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
So in other words create a system where players are deliberately allowed to cheese their way to rewards that have to be legitimately earned by non boosters? No thanks.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
It's kinda like a level 50 elixir, one can spend days, weeks questing, or boom, drink an elixir and you are level 50 with all the gear.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
People are not boosting to get gear from diego, they are boosting so they can get 3+ k rank and show off "how good they are". Personally they are easy enough to ignore and do not really affect my life.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
As I see it, your "solution" wouldn't stop boosting, but rather make it a legitimate way of gaining those rewards without working for it. And Level 50 elixir is not permanent, so is a poor analogy to boosting.
Boosters are lazy cheaters! They ought to be banned from PVP

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I suppose my light boosting days are over for me. I am really just interested in that gear for stitching. I will wait and see if Kingsisle puts those prestigious robes into the crown shop again soon, and buy some more. Maybe that is a solution. Put pvp look alike gear into the crown shop.Same exact looking gear, just no stats. A new stitch item in a high level world perhaps. Make them for both boys and girls. Or make those look alike robes once you become an acclaimed brawler and get the badge? The possibilities are endless... :)

Survivor
Aug 05, 2014
What if they made ranked pvp in brackets like tournaments? They probably wouldn't be able to boost at all if ranked pvp had brackets, Just an idea.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Maybe putting pvp look alike robes in the crown shop, or in one of the unicorn way vendors, or Eloise in one of the worlds like Avalon? Same exact look for both boys and girls, but no stats. Just for stitching. Could be bought with crowns, arena tickets or gold. Maybe make them as boss drops. Make them available with a certain badge like that stuff you buy in Mirage after killing 50 monsters. Just an idea.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Wolf Lionrider on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
Maybe putting pvp look alike robes in the crown shop, or in one of the unicorn way vendors, or Eloise in one of the worlds like Avalon? Same exact look for both boys and girls, but no stats. Just for stitching. Could be bought with crowns, arena tickets or gold. Maybe make them as boss drops. Make them available with a certain badge like that stuff you buy in Mirage after killing 50 monsters. Just an idea.
If people are just boosting for the gear they can stop at warlord, we are talking about those 5k+ ranked players, honestly boosting is not about the gear