Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

HOW!?!?!?!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
So like, I just don't understand how someone is supposed to be able to solo this world :(.
I'm way over-leveled as well. I am a level 48 Storm, and I am hard stuck on the Sea Lord. It took me a LONG time to beat the lady that has the two monsters that give her a bunch of shields, too.

How in the world is this possible!? Especially to get my new spell (Storm Lord), I had to go into the Labyrinth, (which I'm not even SUPPOSED to be able to go into yet because I have not been there in the main quest line yet) and I'm supposed to be able to be doing this stuff WITHOUT the Storm Lord? I can't even go through it WITH him!

It just seems impossible.... I've done every single quest in Grizzleheim (aside from the Winter ones. Those give a bunch of experience and I wanted to take them on whenever I got 50+), and every single quest in previous worlds (which is why I'm so over-leveled), and I STILL cannot go through this world alone.
I am wearing the full Zeus set (which I farmed for WEEKS to get), Sky Iron Hasta, Amulet that gives tower shield, Tournament ring, and Shortblade of the Pegasus for my Athame. So my gear is pretty darn decent.

I feel frustrated and defeated. Ugh.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AppleStarz on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
So like, I just don't understand how someone is supposed to be able to solo this world :(.
I'm way over-leveled as well. I am a level 48 Storm, and I am hard stuck on the Sea Lord. It took me a LONG time to beat the lady that has the two monsters that give her a bunch of shields, too.

How in the world is this possible!? Especially to get my new spell (Storm Lord), I had to go into the Labyrinth, (which I'm not even SUPPOSED to be able to go into yet because I have not been there in the main quest line yet) and I'm supposed to be able to be doing this stuff WITHOUT the Storm Lord? I can't even go through it WITH him!

It just seems impossible.... I've done every single quest in Grizzleheim (aside from the Winter ones. Those give a bunch of experience and I wanted to take them on whenever I got 50+), and every single quest in previous worlds (which is why I'm so over-leveled), and I STILL cannot go through this world alone.
I am wearing the full Zeus set (which I farmed for WEEKS to get), Sky Iron Hasta, Amulet that gives tower shield, Tournament ring, and Shortblade of the Pegasus for my Athame. So my gear is pretty darn decent.

It is not often a wizard can get a spell at the level it is given. There is NOTHING in the rules that says you have to SOLO any world. Some schools can but others have a more difficult time trying to.

Being Over level is not a bad thing. In fact, it actually gives an advantage in higher worlds even though you will still not be able to do spell quests until you have completed others first. I have a storm wizard on both of my accounts and they each entered Celestia at a level 60+ by doing all side quests along with main. Personally, I do a lot of solo or dual box since I do as many side quests as possible.

I am guessing you have been using Storm Lord TC up to this point. Just continue with your questing until you are able to get the spell.

If you have not joined Wizard101 Central (wizard101central.com), you may want to do so. It is a free to join site. There are a lot of ways to make friends who can and will help you through the game and Storm can be an asset to any team.

Explorer
May 03, 2016
AppleStarz on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:

This world isn't what i would call hard. I can solo most of it but have people tag along for questing. if your having a hard time with this world even after getting Storm Lord... it's you not the game. Also most wizards can do this without their rank seven spell and that's why they quest with other people to do it. My advice would be get better gear or build a better deck because tempest is good enough to get you through most of the worlds soloing .

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, Dragonspyre can really be annoying, but I managed to get through it. I don't think the world is really designed to be soloed, though. People always say Storm is a good school to solo with, but below level 60, the game is really hard for Storms, unless they have help. High damage doesn't completely make up for high fizzle rates and low health. I needed a LOT of help to get through it the first time I went through. The gear looks fine, though you might wanna update the athame. The best advice I can give is having friends to help you and lots of TC's. Good luck!

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
Celescale on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
This world isn't what i would call hard. I can solo most of it but have people tag along for questing. if your having a hard time with this world even after getting Storm Lord... it's you not the game. Also most wizards can do this without their rank seven spell and that's why they quest with other people to do it. My advice would be get better gear or build a better deck because tempest is good enough to get you through most of the worlds soloing .
The thing is, I have the best gear (I'm pretty sure) that is available for my level. And my deck is pretty standard.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AppleStarz on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
The thing is, I have the best gear (I'm pretty sure) that is available for my level. And my deck is pretty standard.
If you are still using level 30 gear from Mount Olympus, regardless of how good it may seem, You may need to upgrade to gear closer to your own level.

The following link is for Storm gear only level 45+:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Level_45%2B_Storm_School_Items

This next link is also for storm gear only but gives you links all the way through level 99.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Storm_School_Items_by_Level

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
If you are still using level 30 gear from Mount Olympus, regardless of how good it may seem, You may need to upgrade to gear closer to your own level.

The following link is for Storm gear only level 45+:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Level_45%2B_Storm_School_Items

This next link is also for storm gear only but gives you links all the way through level 99.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Storm_School_Items_by_Level
Statwise, the Zeus armor is better than any armors that a level 45 can have...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AppleStarz on Jun 27, 2017 wrote:
Statwise, the Zeus armor is better than any armors that a level 45 can have...
You are entitled to your opinion as I am. But all the Zeus armor that both of my storm wizards received during that dungeon was fed to my pets since what I was using was better.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Well it can be a pretty tough world to solo, but if you are a storm and have good gear. Then the easiest thing to do during mob battles is to blade, wait a round, and tempest. I recently went through Dragonspyre on my storm and that worked for me. As for boss battles, I just blade a bit and kraken the minion, and triton the boss after blading (and using traps).

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
My guess is you are taking too long to set up your hits, you dont need storm lord as you already have tempest. Try paring down your deck setup so you can do a few blades and hit fast!!! Being defensive does not work well on a storm when solo honestly, but you should have plenty of power to kill off enemies before they can kill you. Also be sure you are enchanting your hits, buy some monstrous treasure cards they help, as well as tc blades, a pet with a blade, any 0 pip boosts you can get your hands on basically.