Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The drop rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2016
Okay, so I've been wanting to talk about this for a while now. Basically, I feel like the drop rates have lowered but I have another idea. Does anyone know if they took the Storm elegant hat out or not? I can't seem to get it to drop from the defiler. I've been farming for 5 hours straight. What should I do?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
When I'm farming single bosses, I make it a rule to fight them no more than five times a day. After five battles, I quit and go do something else. Next day, I'm back for five more rounds.

I did this for Lady Blackhope to get the unicorn statue; with the Defiler to get the storm hat; with Skullsplitter to get the Kraken (or maybe it was the Triton statue?); and so on. I got the hat pretty fast, but for the statues it took weeks to finally get what I wanted.

For longer dungeons, I limit it to no more than three runs per week.

By limiting my efforts to small batches, I avoid burnout, anger, and frustration. If it doesn't drop for me, I know the plan is to come back again when I'm rested and try again. Eventually I've gotten everything I've ever set my sights on ... but it did take patience and persistence.

So my advice is, take a rest. Do something else for a while and then go back for a few more runs. Rest again. Repeat. Eventually you'll get it.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Actually I got the storm elegant hat my 4th try. All you need to do is be patient. I've been farming elegant gear for about a month now and only have all my hats.