Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cursor Glitch & Card Stuck

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hello KI team,

I've been experiencing two issues lately, let me briefly explain them to you:

1 - Cursor Disappearing

Every now and then my cursor will disappear from the game screen and will not come back until I completely close the game window and open it again. I've noticed that it has a chance to happen if I switch windows, like browsing and whatever while battling.

A good info on that, also, is that it has to do with the game cursor itself (the little wand) and not the Windows cursor. When that happens, and I am in the middle of a battle (meaning I cannot restart the game while I don't finish it), I put my laptop on sleep mode and then get back.

As sleep mode won't disconnect me from the game (if I do it quick of course), once I get back the cursor of the game is replaced by the windows cursor itself, which allows me to select properly my cards. It's just a temporary solution, as it will stop working if I minimize the game window (when I return it disappears again).

2 - Card Stuck on the Scren

Though the last patch notes have said it was a fixed issue, it's still an ongoing issue that needs to be looked into.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
With the disappearing wand cursor, during battles you can get it back by slowly moving your mouse and watching until you see one of your spell cards getting 'highlighted.' It will pop out a little. Even though you can't see the cursor, it's there. As soon as the card pops up a little, freeze your mouse and click! The wand cursor will reappear.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
I don't think hardware cursor is on their part. I haven't ran into that issue. As for the card getting stuck just click escape and hit quit then rejoin the game.

Morgan Darkrider 120

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I am still having the random spell card stick to the screen as well (even thought they said they fixed it).

Haven't been able to see any trigger, it seems totally random.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I also have been having this issue. Both.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
As for your cursor, I encounter this problem during battle as well. I play around with the clicking mechanism, however, which seems to bring it back up. As for the card issue, I am not sure how this came to be, but I do know that if a card randomly pops up on your screen, simply opening your bag and closing it solves this problem!